• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

These are great!

You don't think the overhang will be a problem if you intend to play games with them?

Edit: didn't actually see the standard bases underneath the first time...

Thank you! 😊

I was just making them in order to play 😄 So yes, there is a game base there and my design does not exceed 30mm. I always think about making it both beautiful and playable 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Craig87CP said:

I just stumbled across this my favorite has to be the caver, but I love the bases with walls on them like the bathroom walls and the creepy house walls in the dreamer set. I’ve never seen that before.

Oh! Thank you so much! I'm so glad! 😊

• 2 weeks later...

This one was my favourite from the contest! Such an amazing atmosphere in the piece and so many little things to discover all over (the reflections in the mirror are a great touch, for example). And the work on different textures is amazing as well.

I do have to ask - was the one fallen petal on the bottom of the plinth on purpose or a happy accident? Because I kinda love the sort of "fourth wall" breaking there :) 

• Like 2

Really well made. It conveys so much mood and atmosphere and the painting is excellent.

Regarding how I interpret it... Well... A hopeful interpretation would be that the previous owner of room, a celebrated showgirl, left for some reason (and the letter on the floor is her explanation as to why she left) and now everything starts to decay. A slightly darker interpretation is that the letter on the floor is a love letter to the showgirl and that the mannequin got jealous, killed the showgirl and now stands abandoned in the decaying room...

However, since there is no visible blood on the mannequin, that last interpretation is probably just in my head... 😄

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, Math Mathonwy said:

This one was my favourite from the contest! Such an amazing atmosphere in the piece and so many little things to discover all over (the reflections in the mirror are a great touch, for example). And the work on different textures is amazing as well.

I do have to ask - was the one fallen petal on the bottom of the plinth on purpose or a happy accident? Because I kinda love the sort of "fourth wall" breaking there :) 

Thank you very much for such a nice comment! Yes, this was done on purpose) The petal softly "knocks" on the fourth wall and I'm glad you noticed it 😌

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mortarion said:

Really well made. It conveys so much mood and atmosphere and the painting is excellent.

Regarding how I interpret it... Well... A hopeful interpretation would be that the previous owner of room, a celebrated showgirl, left for some reason (and the letter on the floor is her explanation as to why she left) and now everything starts to decay. A slightly darker interpretation is that the letter on the floor is a love letter to the showgirl and that the mannequin got jealous, killed the showgirl and now stands abandoned in the decaying room...

However, since there is no visible blood on the mannequin, that last interpretation is probably just in my head... 😄

Wow! Second interpretation was unexpected! 😄 The first one is very similar to my thoughts) I am glad that everyone finds their own nuances and reasons in this plot, at a time when the general idea is recognized by everyone ☺

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta admit, i was far too competitive during the competition and couldnt appreciate your piece enough.

But those Flowers are lovely, must have taken a long time for that arrangement.

I also like the way you did the canvases, great idea to give them some texture with modeling paste (i guess?).

Did you spread the paste out and cut squares after it dried?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nudelpullover said:

Gotta admit, i was far too competitive during the competition and couldnt appreciate your piece enough.

But those Flowers are lovely, must have taken a long time for that arrangement.

I also like the way you did the canvases, great idea to give them some texture with modeling paste (i guess?).

Did you spread the paste out and cut squares after it dried?

Oh! Thank you so much fo your kind words! 😊 

No! It's tiny sheets of paper! 😄 
This is some kind of thick paper, similar to business card paper. It is smooth on both sides. But it was too thick for my purposes, so I split it in half. There was such a texture inside 😃

18 hours ago, Enigma said:

Oh! Thank you so much fo your kind words! 😊 

No! It's tiny sheets of paper! 😄 
This is some kind of thick paper, similar to business card paper. It is smooth on both sides. But it was too thick for my purposes, so I split it in half. There was such a texture inside 😃

Ohh i really like that. Definitely gonna use that some time. Just made a carpet for my Ivan Crew using sandpaper, but i bet this would've been a great way aswell. 😀

• Like 2