I really liked your classic take on Carver 😜 Great base as well.

You could've done with a better angle for your picture maybe. You can hardly make out the quite nice NMM on the scissors.

I also think you shot yourself in the foot with that background, the color is far to similar to Carvers "garments".

Looking forward to seeing your next entry 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nudelpullover said:

I really liked your classic take on Carver 😜 Great base as well.

You could've done with a better angle for your picture maybe. You can hardly make out the quite nice NMM on the scissors.

I also think you shot yourself in the foot with that background, the color is far to similar to Carvers "garments".

Looking forward to seeing your next entry 😉

Thank you! Yes, I agree about the background... I need to think about something more suitable =)

I'm here again! Today I'll show you another one of my old work and one of my favorite band: Shadows of Redchapel!
I really enjoyed painting them. At the bases, I wanted to portray the Redchapel itself - an abandoned brothel.
The girls will be in a separate message 😉

JnPGKN2zjBY.jpg

waiOO5iFAWw.jpg

s7CZI1xtVJ0.jpg

WYvQDUcVxY8.jpg

FEtAv8JwSjc.jpg

H_62iVVSUj4.jpg

ocykSBaqhHo.jpg

• Like 7

13 hours ago, TheOldGoth said:

Ye Flippin' Gods! That is some excellent work. PLEASE tell me you do commissions!

Yes, I do) All these are commissions =)

Another of my past works is Nekima:
On the sword, I tried to combine metal and flesh, something alive.

8cp1yJQrbxY.jpg

oX3ZeF-nLh0.jpg

UnTPAH8Aneo.jpg

• Like 8

Unfortunately, there are three things that hold me back from commissioning pieces.

1. I worked many, many, MANY years ago with the 'Eavy Metal team, but I've been out of it for 20 years. I need to get those skills back. I don't want to be another old guy crowing about his glory days.

2. I'm a cheap bastard! 🙂

3. If I were to get anyone other than my son (a Golden Demon winner) to paint my stuff, holiday visits would get really uncomfortable.

But if I were to do so, and none of those conditions applied, you would definitely be my first call. Your work is just amazing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Enigma astonishing work, as always! The detail on the bases, the tattoos, the blood... great stuff!! The thing is that I painted this crew when it came back and it's both discouraging and at the same time couraging seeing what it can be done with it compared with what I did! 

As always, keep 'em coming!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TheOldGoth said:

Unfortunately, there are three things that hold me back from commissioning pieces.

1. I worked many, many, MANY years ago with the 'Eavy Metal team, but I've been out of it for 20 years. I need to get those skills back. I don't want to be another old guy crowing about his glory days.

2. I'm a cheap bastard! 🙂

3. If I were to get anyone other than my son (a Golden Demon winner) to paint my stuff, holiday visits would get really uncomfortable.

But if I were to do so, and none of those conditions applied, you would definitely be my first call. Your work is just amazing!

Thank you very much! 😄
Is your son is a Golden Demon winner ? WOW! It's really cool!

9 hours ago, Chou said:

@Enigma astonishing work, as always! The detail on the bases, the tattoos, the blood... great stuff!! The thing is that I painted this crew when it came back and it's both discouraging and at the same time couraging seeing what it can be done with it compared with what I did! 

As always, keep 'em coming!!

Thank you very much! I am very pleased! 😄
I always like to do something new! 🙃

That color scheme is much more muted than your usual posts. That's not meant as an insult. I just find it interesting when artists change up their styles. Playing with color, light, and shadow in such a rigidly defined medium as miniature painting shows a real grasp of color theory and practical application, as defined by the perceived tone of the piece in question. That shows an incredible depth of skill. I'm very impressed.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, TheOldGoth said:

That color scheme is much more muted than your usual posts. That's not meant as an insult. I just find it interesting when artists change up their styles. Playing with color, light, and shadow in such a rigidly defined medium as miniature painting shows a real grasp of color theory and practical application, as defined by the perceived tone of the piece in question. That shows an incredible depth of skill. I'm very impressed.

Oh! Thank you so much! This is unexpected! I am often told that my miniatures are quite dark 😅

• Like 1

I really love your color choices Enigma, does make my own miniatures look rather bland in my eyes. That fleshy inner wing of Nekima does have alot of volume and i really like the red leather tone. Also that see-through stocking on Angelica is really well done. Lovely bases on the whole Ulix Crew of course 😜

You can also really see how much you've improved in that comparison picture. Really nice muted palette as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nudelpullover said:

I really love your color choices Enigma, does make my own miniatures look rather bland in my eyes. That fleshy inner wing of Nekima does have alot of volume and i really like the red leather tone. Also that see-through stocking on Angelica is really well done. Lovely bases on the whole Ulix Crew of course 😜

You can also really see how much you've improved in that comparison picture. Really nice muted palette as well.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Thank you so much for the nice words! 😄

I'm really trying to paint better and better 😃

• 1 month later...