Another Challenge

Regelridderen

I guess I would take Lucius (just because I love him) and let a false witness score detonate charges. Bait and switch ain’t my first choice but I guess I would take it in this pool. Use doppelgänger to lure or score the symbols. Then 1 lawyer and 1-2 changelings to get the key pieces up the board. Then I would use something to catch opponents attention (and AP) and put pressure on him: mature, Hinamatsu, angel eyes… all valid options. Rider as well as he is a decent Modell in Symbol due to his ride with me… 

something like that 😃

• Like 1

NVB Lucius plays differently most of the time. I ain’t no gunline guy so I really prefere NVB Lucius. There are so many good options in versatiles and ook. And on top of that IR and AP are awesome upgrades to use.
that said it has to be mentioned that Lucius is a tough master to master with a steer learning curve. I would use him in a challenge because I played a whole lot of games with him and experience matters in Malifaux. 

I think Nekima is probably the easiest crew to learn for Symbols. All of the models have flight, so picking up symbols can be fairly trivial, and you've got plenty of killing power for Let Them Bleed or Death Beds. Her alt version even lets you drop scheme markers when you grow someone, so things like Detonate Charges are now possible. She still has solid depth, but not mechanically like some of the other options.

I think Euripides is one of our best masters for Symbols. That said, he's close to as complex as Lucius. He's got a ton of 2" reaches to protect your symbols, as well as Gigants being able to turn off interacts by certain ice pillars. The Damned has leap and kill stuff thats in the way somewhat reliably, ideally with focus. Gigants also can shattering shove any model to the other side of the board (with setup of course), enabling almost any model to go pick up your symbols. Gigants themselves can be great in the strat bc they have their teleport to ice pillars.

Zoraida is also extremely potent in symbols, but I've only played her once with each version due to missing most of her Bayou models. The First Mate is an absolute monster at picking up symbols, as are the silurids, and both Zoraida's can obey them to interact as long as they are in position (old zoraida can move AND interact with them).

This is a great pool for Mama Z. I like her in the NB mirror. We don't have a lot of anti-obey tech and we do have great target. Baith and switch is almost an auto-tune with her... All the other scheme are doable... And she has amazing models for symbols picking. My top choice.

Unfortunately Dora struggle at symbols (I had moderate success with a casting/ denial strategy, but this is definitely not her best strat). The pool would have been ok for her (B&S, Claim Jump and LtB... good at denying CJ, ok against DC and DB, will struggle against LtB and the second point of B&S). So I would say pass, but I can understand an unconditional love for her (I played her in worst scenario). 

Dreamer is quite happy with this pool as well. He love LtB and Serena is still really good at claim jump. You can surprise your oponent with Death Bed (web) but it put a lot of pressure on your Spiders. I would not bother with detonate and B&S. The only probleme is your're vulnerable those scheme... But it doesn't really matter if their crew is dead right?  Good pick.

Titania can do fine here as well here. DB is juicy, LtB too and claim jump is really nice with the Emissary (true for all NB but even better with Titi because of the extra synergy)... she can do symbols, but she's not the best at it imo. I wouldn't pick her except if the map is amazingly favorable.

I don't play enough of the other NB master to really help. Marcus and Nekima could also work. No idea for Euripides and Lucius.

20 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

So Lucius has just clocked in on both sides - guess that was to expected from that twofaced snake. So now it’s a question of getting the crew ‘right’. 

On the upside, even if you lose you will get to see a way to make Lucius work in Neverborn. 

31 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

So Lucius has just clocked in on both sides - guess that was to expected from that twofaced snake. So now it’s a question of getting the crew ‘right’. 

I would expect that he will have mature nephilim... Which unfortunately are a pretty good counter to neverborn...

You could go for a super sideways hidden sniper list, but I don't think it works as well on symbols unfortunately :(

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Good Lucius will be fielding 4 stones and…

The Scribe

2 Mature Nephilim w. Inhuman Reflexes

Candy

Lawyer

And a False Witness

His evil Nexus infested twin will field 7 stones and…

The Scribe

Agent 46

Doppleganger

Grootslang

False Witness w Pact

Lawyer

Changeling

And which one is yours? (I assume the "nexus infested twin" means the new Dishonorable Lucius?)

Had a test run with the list vs Explorers. 

Lord Cooper 

Anya Lycaryan

Winston Finnegan

Model 9

Ullr

Artemis

Symbols / Standard

Research Mission, Death Beds, Claim Jump, Detonate Charges, Hidden Martyrs

My opponent scored 2 Symbols and 1 Detonate Charges

I scored 2 Symbols, 1 Claim Jump and 1 Hidden Martyr

MVP was Anya and Candy. Anya for messing up my Issue Command, while Candy just did her thing, managing to latch on to Lord C turn 1 and keeping him busy. 

Turn 1 set the tone for the game. I managed to get both Mature up into the enemy forcing them into a big melee, 1 mature took a minor bruising from Cooper, but in return gutted Ullr, while Candy managed to teleport in ( I had one card above 8 in my hand, the thirteen of masks ). 

Anya unfortunately screwed up my chances for getting Lucius and the Lawyer to make a difference, but Mobile Warrior ensured the Matures could do their thing with minimal retribution. So by T3 a mature could kill Cooper and Lucius managed to stab Anya to death. 

Unfortunately the fighting and my lack of routine and focus on scoring objectives kept me from making more points. But by T5 the only Explorer left was Model 9 😎

-

Focusing on messing up Coopers mobility (Dogs) proved a good strategy. And the T1 Candy Bomb tactic is devastating, once she’s in position and does her thing, the superior Nephilim mobility and hitting power is incredibly hard to deal with. 

• Like 1