Thirty-Three, Metallurgist, and Soul Battery ook

touchdown

You plan on taking them ever? Have some amazing tech figured out?

Metallurgist seems great with Amalgam. Just hang out next to Alyce, equip a rocket launcher, vent steam and shoot every turn, or Obey her for another shot (or obey any of your other constructs).

Thirty-Three seems like an amazing flanker. Mv 6, slippery, and pine box should be mean if you need to go somewhere and interact once, it's really good at that. Plus a gun so you can stay involved from the periphery of the action. Finally some card draw is always appreciated.

Soul Battery seems like it might be a trap pick, 2 of your actions don't really do anything ook (although an attack with no damage flip can be cute in certain situations). I do want to give it a try in Mercenary and have 3 stat 7 models able to get positive flips with their suit.

Thirty-Three seems like it would be the best OOK pick out of the bunch. It doesn't really need Tara to find success (but obviously will excel with her). 9ss OOK is a big ask however and I'd be curious what you'd be dropping in order to fit him.

Metallurgist might have a place with Amalgam but I think your still getting more of what Levi needs from a Scavenger. Certainly not a bad include but I'm not sure your reaching for it outside of very specific use cases.

Soul Battery is basically the outcast version of the Essence of Power. It's got a lot going on for a 4ss model but 90% is pretty niche. In fact I think this model is going to have a tough time finding a place in keyword so I can't imagine hiring it OOK. Its direct competition is the effigy, who I think is generally more useful, even within the amalgam keyword. That's not to say that I think it's bad, but it's not exactly obvious in its purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Jordon said:

Metallurgist might have a place with Amalgam but I think your still getting more of what Levi needs from a Scavenger. Certainly not a bad include but I'm not sure your reaching for it outside of very specific use cases.

If you can get a scheme marker out, attaching an upgrade itself and drawing a card seems solid with Yannick too, but you'd want some construct around for the power token.

My general feeling is that while there's clear utility to each that utility comes at a cost that will usually be too high to pay. I agree with the assessment that I can see the Metallurgist in Amalgam, but it is a pretty card hungry model and Amalgam has a lot of those already.

33 is the standout overall. I see particular function in those Keywords that hand out Fast (Mercenary, Plague, Bandit, and Tormented) where you can double him with the Scion and actually bury him with potential unbury targets from Covetous Cravings (or an innocuous rat chowing down on some cheese). It's a lot of stones but it gives you an extremely fast schemer and while you have a model that good at burying enemies an OOK Scion actually has a modicum of utility.

That combo works especially well in Tormented, where the Scion (unburied) is better at landing Stutter Time thanks to Disturbing Whispers and 33 can retrieve the Black Joker every turn for Hanged to capitalise on. Daw, double Hanged with Servant, 33, Scion, Dead Outlaw is a build that might surprise opponents with its reach and flexibility. 

1 hour ago, Azahul said:

My general feeling is that while there's clear utility to each that utility comes at a cost that will usually be too high to pay. I agree with the assessment that I can see the Metallurgist in Amalgam, but it is a pretty card hungry model and Amalgam has a lot of those already.

33 is the standout overall. I see particular function in those Keywords that hand out Fast (Mercenary, Plague, Bandit, and Tormented) where you can double him with the Scion and actually bury him with potential unbury targets from Covetous Cravings (or an innocuous rat chowing down on some cheese). It's a lot of stones but it gives you an extremely fast schemer and while you have a model that good at burying enemies an OOK Scion actually has a modicum of utility.

That combo works especially well in Tormented, where the Scion (unburied) is better at landing Stutter Time thanks to Disturbing Whispers and 33 can retrieve the Black Joker every turn for Hanged to capitalise on. Daw, double Hanged with Servant, 33, Scion, Dead Outlaw is a build that might surprise opponents with its reach and flexibility. 

I’m liking the idea of 33 with Daw for drawing the Black Joker. You just doubled my interest in 33 OOK! Though, Hanged might be a bit slow without any Guilty in the list.

I'm planning on ferrying Thirty-Three in Infamous. Every time an Iron Skeeter uses Fly With Me on her, or anyone with flying gets near her, or leaps near her, they'll get two more inches an activation. It's better than the Emissary's movement bonus because she can be carried to keep up, whereas Donkey is too fat and slow. Also, add some card draw to the card cycling.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:21 PM, touchdown said:

Metallurgist seems great with Amalgam. Just hang out next to Alyce, equip a rocket launcher, vent steam and shoot every turn, or Obey her for another shot (or obey any of your other constructs).

That may very well be the best use of the Metallurgist. I'm not sure I'll use the model in Freikorps crews though. I'll have to give it a try, but it looks a bit underwhelming. 

27 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

It's a good tech pick vs blast & pulse crews like Wizz-Bang and Nephilim.

Although less good if Wong is doing irreducible damage.

I think the ability to get equipment without von schill is at a minimum interesting. You can have landmines out for Parker 2 to slide around.

She can leap every other turn.

Or just take a focused rocket launcher attack every turn.

I think there's a lot of play there.

When I saw the Metallurgist I immediately wanted to use her in Amalgam.

Sadly it seems using her with Aboms or the Deso will not work out like I hoped.
Sure she can make the Abom snack on someone, but I was hoping she could tell them to Voltron.
It looks like for the Deso the only thing she can make it do is Draw Essence.
To confirm, she can't tell the Deso to use it's claws because the trigger poops out an Abom, correct?