Wong, The Enchanter

HomelessOne

18 hours ago, Johannes Schmitt said:

How does Wise Words of Wisdom work exactly?
It's a trigger that's caused by a model gaining fast again, each model can receive healing only once a turn. It sounds pretty strong to me giving "+2 healing pulses" every turn. At the cost of cancelling the glowy token I get.

It isn't a Trigger (in the sense that Malifaux uses the term) but rather a global effect that is active as long as Wong2 is around. And it works once per activation per model, not once per turn. But since you get Glowy by damaging your own dudes it mostly just mitigates the damage you do to yourself. So it is powerful yes but not crazy as such.

One quite useful additional purchase would be the Bayou Starter Set. Bo Peep offers great healing and handy self-damage for Glowy (through her Race Is On and its Full Contact Trigger) and Fluffernutter has Carrot Cake Quake for easy Pulse Damage into Glowy.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I played a little test game and already begin to like wizz-bang. It will definitely take a few more games to get my activations right though.

For our tournament in September we are going to play with a 50SS fixed crew, so I am banging my head what to bring to address wongs strengths and weaknesses. I went super ape and bought a bunch of boxes since they're a blast to paint as well. What do you think about this concept for a steady core?

Wong2
Olivia
Alphonse
Swine-Cursed
Sammy
Bo Peep
- This way i will probably have good targets to overload glowy and get wong in and out of harm.

Option A: I could add a Pigapult and Taxidermist to add some spice and put leftovers in upgrades for wong/alphonse/taxidermist.

Option B: The other choice would be fluffernutter, Swine-Cursed2 and a bokor or upgrades to max my points.

15 hours ago, Johannes Schmitt said:

Thanks for the info. I played a little test game and already begin to like wizz-bang. It will definitely take a few more games to get my activations right though.

For our tournament in September we are going to play with a 50SS fixed crew, so I am banging my head what to bring to address wongs strengths and weaknesses. I went super ape and bought a bunch of boxes since they're a blast to paint as well. What do you think about this concept for a steady core?

Wong2
Olivia
Alphonse
Swine-Cursed
Sammy
Bo Peep
- This way i will probably have good targets to overload glowy and get wong in and out of harm.

Option A: I could add a Pigapult and Taxidermist to add some spice and put leftovers in upgrades for wong/alphonse/taxidermist.

Option B: The other choice would be fluffernutter, Swine-Cursed2 and a bokor or upgrades to max my points.

I think that looks like a very solid core!

For a fixed list I might go with option B as option A is a bit more specialized. B makes for a list with a lot of solid 'oomph' but still has Scheming potential and such due to the Wizz-Bang access to Fast. The current Gaining Grounds also favours staying power and option B is more durable in general.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing another test game against Lord Cooper. While losing my Wong pretty early due to very bad positioning, i learnt a ton that game. Especially that having fast is an amazing way to run my schemes while also denying my opponent's. I was really greedy and should probably activate Wong pretty late. The reason for being overconfident was the massive amount of healing you can bring with bo peep, a bocur and wong himself. 

I feel Wong2 suffers the same problems as his predecessor does. If a Model9 or Malisaurus is in the backline I don't have much to defend myself. Burying one threat with Sammy was really hard to do and my flips were extremely unlucky. Olivia just dies if she's being looked at the wrong way, but it's not much of a loss tbh. I haven't done anything with her besides handing out glowy and assist -> her -2 TN debuff aura is cool, but I don't want to engange anybody with her. 😅

Overall I have no idea what to do with my backfield right now. The way I dealt with the fact in my cooper game was to just abandon it and rush forward.

Cooper put out a lot of pressure, especially since my opponent used predatory instinct on each flip (another thin i learnt: read your opponents cards). It feels like he can't do that much if he's engaged while his doggies are at the other edge of the board - and it's not hard to reach him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1