Titania, Autumn Queen

HomelessOne

41 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Looking at the artwork on the upgrade, is her whole lower half a tree?

There is a tree in the artwork/base, but it's branches going up her body (probably so that the model can fly & still have something linking to the base)

TitaniaArt.thumb.png.ee3a1b408f52014668c250c6fd6ad0b4.png

41 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Here's the Champion upgrade

Thanks for the upgrade pic! I had seen Titania's pic but not the upgrade.
It looks interesting : having to choose to discard it or a card at the end of a turn, providing extra range & aura area, and giving suits for garanteed into thorns trigger, or parry on knights (I'll have to check what other triggers are on ram & crow in fae models).

Overall she seems very support oriented, with all her tactical actions. Her attack actions being able to move ennemies ignoring severe terrain will be nice to bring them to a champion, by using the champion as range/LoS point of origin, then use companion to activate said champion immediatly, if you fear the model can be moved away before you can activate the champion.

The boar looks good as well. Through the brush & ambush should give him a good mobility, since there should be plenty of underbrush markers all over the place.
The champion upgrade seems nice on it too, with guaranteed into thorns for max 3 damage, or tear of a bite to heal 2. And also avoid an early end of activation on a Tome

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

The champion upgrade seems nice on it too, with guaranteed into thorns for max 3 damage, or tear of a bite to heal 2

The upgrade can only be put on Fae minions.

The minions gain the following triggers built in

Bultungin: Pick the Bones

Knight: Parry, Puncture, Into the Thorns

Rougarou: Puncture, Into the Thorns

Waldgeist: Heave, Delay

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Deathinabox said:

What's also funny about this Titania is that she never has to leave your deployment zone. Everything she does can be done through her upgrade.

Until the models with champion upgrad get killed and then you have to move back to put it on someone else 😛

But yeah, considering her title is "Autumn queen" and the model seem to show the masamune she has put besides her throne, this might be rather intentional that she won't have to move much

31 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

Until the models with champion upgrad get killed and then you have to move back to put it on someone else 😛

Unless opponent kills both of your champions before Titania get a chance to activate, otherwise she can hand out upgrade through one of her champion.

28 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

There is a tree in the artwork/base, but it's branches going up her body (probably so that the model can fly & still have something linking to the base)

TitaniaArt.thumb.png.ee3a1b408f52014668c250c6fd6ad0b4.png

I've had a game with her and she's very good (although I did miss the whole discard a card at the end of the turn or lose the upgrade as well as taking actions through champions... ). The Boar was good too.

Take aways were:

• Champion Autumn Knights are very good. Df7 with Parry, Wp6 then 3/4/5 sword swings with into thorns or Puncture for offence.
  • Rougarous are good with upgrade too
  • The crew is very mobile early turns with the whole crew basically getting a 2" push. This becomes much less useful later when models become engaged
  • Titania herself is not nearly as damaging without the + to attacks and straight up ignoring concealing
  • Mostly used Never needed to use Bloody Command. It's really good with the Coordinated attack trigger (rex gets Predatory, minions get +1stat).

Think my list was:

• Titania - 3 cache
  • Gorar - He becomes more useful since you're bringing cheaper minions
  • Emissary - 10
  • Boar - 7
  • Rougarou - 8
  • 2 Knights - 14
  • 1 Adze - 8
  • Thanks 1

It's nice that she emphasizes the use of Fae minions! Knight are great champions, but I think the real hidden gems are the Waldgeist. Heave and Delay are 2 amazing trigger and if the Ennemy is in severe the melee attack has a huge range. 

Also with all the push the queen and her crew have, the Emissary will continue to be a staple.

You also have a big incentive to generate underbrush since drawing 3 cards, giving focus +1 and dropping a scheme seems like AFI e trade for a master AP 😀.

• Like 1

I've had 5 games with Twotania and my findings are as follows

She actually needs a cache, I didn't think she would because she plays pretty far back, but without her triggers her actions are really, really weak for a master.

A Changeling is the first thing I'm putting in the list. Behold Her Glory is absolutely insane value. AP transfer for a Focus, drop a scheme within 2", and *draw three*. All from a 5ss model???? Cleansed by the Wood is also very good. No TN condition removal that heals 2 and gives Sheilded +1. 

Rider or Rex are coming in, leaning Rex as it gets the extra benefits from the tacticals. The large Sz and 50mm is great for the scheme drop and guarantees LoS to Underbrush for the draw and combined with 2" melee and min 3 is exactly what she wants for Coordinated Attack.

Emissary is not on the same level with her as it is with 1. Without the Tactical sliding Underbrush under peoples feet unresisted, you dont have the easy Roots from Below setup. Additionally Knights absolutely *hate* Hungry Land mucking up the fighting. If you want Hazardous I think Hooded Rider is probably the pick.

Champion Knights are very cool, as has been stated. Alot of Twotania's power comes from reeling dudes in with her attacks then Companioning with a Knight for a couple min 3 swings.

Only played the Boar once, played it poorly, but I think it'll be better with T1 and Marcus1. Its extremely mobile, but Twotania builds more to a mid table crew in my experience.

Still lots of experimenting to do!

Probably going to try this next if the pool allows.

BigUns (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Titania
Totem(s):
  Gorar
Hires:
  Autumn Knight
  Autumn Knight 2
  Changeling
    Ancient Pact
  Malisaurus Rex
  Hooded Rider

• Thanks 2

On 9/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, Roadhouse said:

A Changeling is the first thing I'm putting in the list. Behold Her Glory is absolutely insane value. AP transfer for a Focus, drop a scheme within 2", and *draw three*. All from a 5ss model???? Cleansed by the Wood is also very good. No TN condition removal that heals 2 and gives Sheilded +1. 

How do you make the Changelings count as Fae? I’m not understanding how you get the scheme marker from Behold, or the heal/Shielded from Cleansed.

34 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

How do you make the Changelings count as Fae? I’m not understanding how you get the scheme marker from Behold, or the heal/Shielded from Cleansed.

The Changeling is copying those actions with Just Like You and targeting a Fae.

Looks like good tech!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, the Changelings just copy Titania's "Behold Her Glory" action, which (at least for Changelings) requires a 7 (preferably of tomes). Overall I'd say that the Focused is a secondary benefit to dropping scheme markers and most importantly, drawing cards.

Double Changeling, double Ancient Pact seems like the go with Twotania, at least if you can fit it in.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 5:56 PM, Roadhouse said:

14 points on support is so much, it'll be a third of your list when you consider having a cache.

Also the math on 2 7+ of tomes is not favorable, especially if you dont want to stone for Titania's frequently.

A stone for draw 3 is easily worth it. When I play non card draw crews I use a stone a turn for cycle 2 cards without sweating it. I don't know about the whole package with a changeling (although we're looking at 9 cards after Titania goes to find that 7 of tomes), but I think it's worth it to budget 3-4 stones for that card draw.

18 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

Well...

After having Titania buried by 33 on the fist activation of the first turn of the game (against Tara 2), then to be unburied in my opponents deployment engaged and surrounded behind a building made the changeling pretty useless.

Maybe I'll get to try it out in another game :P

Next time you could try using the changeling to shield Titania from the 33 rush. Their disguised and manipulative and stealth makes them a decent screening unit as 33 can't charge it and its pretty hard for any part of the crew to remove it to allow the rush later. (Granted  1 unit isn't enough to screen on an empty table, but could be if there is any Impassible terrain to stand titania next to). 

3 hours ago, Adran said:

Next time you could try using the changeling to shield Titania from the 33 rush. Their disguised and manipulative and stealth makes them a decent screening unit as 33 can't charge it and its pretty hard for any part of the crew to remove it to allow the rush later. (Granted  1 unit isn't enough to screen on an empty table, but could be if there is any Impassible terrain to stand titania next to). 

33 is incorporeal... it's hard to place properly to protect from him... Especially with a Changeling with no engagement 😀

3 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Well...

After having Titania buried by 33 on the fist activation of the first turn of the game (against Tara 2), then to be unburied in my opponents deployment engaged and surrounded behind a building made the changeling pretty useless.

Maybe I'll get to try it out in another game :P

Stat 3 pine box is no joke (especially with LJ to extend its range, less so with 0" in a Tara crew)... Still something must have gone terribly wrong when positioning if your master was vulnerable to that on the first activation of the game! 33 threat range is 12"... Shouldn't be to hard to play around it.

1 hour ago, SEV said:

Stat 3 pine box is no joke (especially with LJ to extend its range, less so with 0" in a Tara crew)... Still something must have gone terribly wrong when positioning if your master was vulnerable to that on the first activation of the game! 33 threat range is 12"... Shouldn't be to hard to play around it.

I think it is actually around 24" if you don't activate 33, but Tara goes echo, bury walk, unbury with the trigger to let 33 charge.