Leveticus, Pariah of Blood

HomelessOne

So this is straight up avatar Levi, correct? I haven't seen a clear shot of the picture but it looks to be the same ghosty horse and even has the sceptre. It might have even been called Malice? 

Either way I soooo hyped. I've been crying for the return of the all rider list since M3E began. I didn't care how good/bad it is, I'm going to play it. Thankfully this model looks great! 

I'm really happy Levi has condition removal. Anyone who has played a rider know how crippling stunned can be. This power alone really makes this kind of list work. Beyond that, nothing looks overly crazy or powerful with Levi himself. Which is fine considering he can run all the horsemen. 

I think one list I'm dying to try is a ALL rider list by hiring all 4 horsemen AND the effigy with his upgrade. Look out turn 3 it's going to be all hooves all the time! 

• Like 2

The waifs do seem a bit left out in this list. Sure you can probably stack some injured but realistically they’re there for you to kill and grab two cards and a fate token. Not a bad trade if you ask me. 

I think worst case is you use them as entropy nodes. They’re basically meaningless now so you don’t need to hide them anymore. They’re just annoying enough that the opponent will likely want them dead. That’s likely 4 actions (split between each) that’s not going into the riders.

I still think they have a purpose.

• Agree 2

4 horseman list - fluffy, but is it strong? 
I would look more into 2x horseman, Rusty Alyce, Scavenger, Necropunk list (if any ss left probably upgrades or cheaper model). 

Horse use ride with me on Alyce and Scavenger / Necropunk. T1 there can be some strong pressure on enemy. But outside Levi I don't see too many card draw and also Condition, markers etc can shut this list. Also if I take Dead Rider and enemy is bubble crew, it's easy to stack dmg, injured on them. 

For riders choices I think that Pale is strongest, second depend on enemy and plan. Probably would take Dead.

If we want some extreme Rider alpha strike, Alyce can be changed with Emissary for +1 MV and upgrades. 

Speaking to the Soul Battery. As someone who's likely hiring all four horsemen, I don't have many stones to spare. So at 4ss I feel like this models direct competition is the effigy. It's a tough toss up on who's brining more to the table. 

The effigy is nice because it provides a better heal (although needing 7's). This is pretty crucial when running such an elite list. Accomplice is also really nice as a way to put up your aura and chain activate into a rider. 

I also feel like his aura can get a lot of milage in a list with 4 riders. Getting kills is not really a problem. Positioning might be the bigger issue however. Also the effigy itself is a bit more hardy than the Soul Battery.

Moving onto the Soul Battery. I feel like he's less focused but offers a better variety. While I see the effigy strictly as a support piece, the Soul Battery can actually contribute to combat (and you want it to). As far as I'm aware, this model is the only way to generate additional fate tokens outside of Levi's more convoluted process.

His melee attack is not bad. Distracted can be pretty huge but it's not really reliable. Besides your almost always going to be using his ranged attack anyway as it can be used while engaged. Really you're using it for the trigger to hand out fate tokens, giving you a potential early access to some big powers. 

Desperation looks interesting as a nice to have. It doesn't cost you anything so there's no harm in using it. I doubt I'd be using it all that often on horsemen, but I could see it getting more use on some of the other amalgam models. 

Passive heal is handy in a pinch but is not something that is going to keep your models alive. Empower is pretty niche but I can see it's use for Levi himself who probably does want to be stoning for suits regularly (unfortunately you won't have many to spare). Final sacrifice is a nice clutch ability when you've run out of stones to gain two (and a fate token). If you manage to farm a couple fate tokens, healed a few points of damage, dropped a scheme marker - then kill this model to recoup half its cost, then I'm calling that a worthwhile 4ss investment. 

So overall I'm not sure which model I'd be bringing regularly. It's probably match up dependant. If I expect big damage crews, I'd probably lean towards the effigy. If I'm looking to get more out of the horsemen then I'm probably bringing the Soul Battery

9 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't know if anyone has said it here, but Ive heard the best list is four horses and hodgepodge effigy with fate upgrade. Then you use Avatar Leveticus and have a six horse list.

Pretty sure the official LeveTwocus is going to have a horse anyway.

Or do you mean the Avatar as proxy for the Emissary? Cause 5 Horses and a donkey is pretty close.

Either way, 6 equine.

I am tempted, but not sure if I want to invest in, making up two Waifs and a couple of Aboms, with stick horses. Cause I think that'd be funny. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfRta6CETOkIqVB9zdg3e

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Agree 1

Depending on how close the models are in appearance, it might be confusing.

I'm already skeptical about using Avatar of Slaughter with Twin Blades on the table, hence why I'm doing one as double Chibi Viks.

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't know if anyone has said it here, but Ive heard the best list is four horses and hodgepodge effigy with fate upgrade. Then you use Avatar Leveticus and have a six horse list.

I'm no outcast player but now I want to assemble the 6 horses crew and solo it in a tournament just for the visual effect (and the fun of playing a meme crew).

• Agree 1

How would people rank each of the riders in terms of what they bring to a rider heavy Levi2 list? 

1. Dead Rider: For his ability to summon zombies and splash out injured, which has a lot of synergy with this sort of list. 
  2. Pale Rider: Ranged injured + staggered is quite good. Healing is at a premium. Irreducible damage pulse is great. 
  3. Hooded Rider: His free action is useful turn 1. His ultimate is pretty nasty
  4. Mech Rider: Provides an easy scheme option or corpse markers for the dead rider. Can give suits to Levi and another rider. Reactivate is mostly wasted. 

16 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Calvalry.....

CaLeviRy?

CalvaLevi?

LevAlry?

LeviLry?

CavLevi

3 hours ago, Jordon said:

How would people rank each of the riders in terms of what they bring to a rider heavy Levi2 list? 

1. Dead Rider: For his ability to summon zombies and splash out injured, which has a lot of synergy with this sort of list. 
  2. Pale Rider: Ranged injured + staggered is quite good. Healing is at a premium. Irreducible damage pulse is great. 
  3. Hooded Rider: His free action is useful turn 1. His ultimate is pretty nasty
  4. Mech Rider: Provides an easy scheme option or corpse markers for the dead rider. Can give suits to Levi and another rider. Reactivate is mostly wasted. 

Dead, then Hooded then Pale with Mech taking the last spot. 

I have a preference for putting the Melee beaters first though with their speed and 2" engagement. Pale definitely leaves you with the option of Injured Stacking for when you really need something dead though. 

Mech takes the last place for me. Because:

No min 3 and only 1" engagement

Innovation doesn't work well with every rider wanting different suits.

Insight helps less in low model crew that's not chewing through it's deck.

Revolation has few good targets. 

She does let you drop scheme markers, but unless you're really set on bringing all the Horsemen, two Necro Punks probably do it better.  

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Mech takes the last place for me. Because:

No min 3 and only 1" engagement

Innovation doesn't work well with every rider wanting different suits.

Insight helps less in low model crew that's not chewing through it's deck.

Revolation has few good targets. 

She does let you drop scheme markers, but unless you're really set on bringing all the Horsemen, two Necro Punks probably do it better.  

I feel like Mech is more appealing in more of a mixed amalgam horsemen list. Most of the amalgam keyword has crow triggers so Mech + Dead + Amalgam is probably a good fit. Giving Rusty three executes sounds pretty punishing. Or giving Necropunks back their mask suit for leap and onslaught. 

I do like the combo of feeding the dead rider corpse markers however. With Levi executing his own models for cards, by turn two you could amass a nice few bodies to turn into zombies. Those zombies give Levi fate tokens when they die. 

Also while I agree that innovation is a bit awkward given how each rider needs a different suit. I wouldn't discount how valuable those suits are. Giving a rider the ability to use their ultimate one turn earlier is pretty big. Not to mention how it alleviates the use of fate tokens on regular attacks. Levi himself will almost always benefit from basically any suit and each built in suit is the equivalent to two fate tokens for Levi, which is a big savings. 

So I feel like even if you just have Levi and one other rider benefit from built in suits, I still call that a worthwhile investment. 

• Agree 1