Battle Tempo & on the Move vs. being engaged

Hipper Hopper Table Toper

Question

I have two questions.

1. Can I use "Battle Tempo" or "on the Move" to get out of the enemy engagement range, so that I dont have to use the "Disengage" Action?

I would say yes since they are not a "Walk" nor a "Charge" Action. Am I correct?

2. Can move through a model's base with "on the Move"?

As long as my model do not stand on this base at the ond of this 3" movement it should be possible, right?

Here are the affected Rules:

Battle Tempo: During the Start Phase, this model may Push up to 2" in any Direction.

On the Move: At the start of this model's Activation, it may move up to 3", ignoring other models.

Sorry if this Question is somehow stupid.

Thanks for your help

7 answers to this question

One other thing to remember, whilst you can't declare a charge if you are engaged, you can use the charge movement to move through engagement, whilst the walk action can never leave engagement.

Wait, to understand you right.

I made a Sketch.

Model B can use "charge Action" to move through the engagemant range (red) of model A, without geting engaged? Correct?

Push through engage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hipper Hopper Table Toper said:

Wait, to understand you right.

I made a Sketch.

Model B can use "charge Action" to move through the engagemant range (red) of model A, without geting engaged? Correct?

Push through engage.jpg

Model B can move through the engagement range of Model A and becoming engaged will be irrelevant.

When the Walk action says this:

Walk

This model moves up to its Movement (Mv) in inches. This move cannot be used to leave an enemy model’s engagement range.

that's a restriction that only applies to the Walk action.  In order for that restriction to apply to the movement generated by some other action, that other action would have to contain similar language.

I might guess that this feels surprising because you're expecting "engaged models can't leave engagement range" to be something the designers would put in the general rules for movement, instead of just making it a clause for the common Walk action.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1