Jack Daw Ensouled

Graf

This seems quite easy to play around... Assuming an average of MV5 you'll lose 55% of the MV13 single duel. So just make sure to not have more than 2 models that can be hit by this and you'll spend 1 card from you hand to counter a master AP... 

The alpha strike threat seems real though. MV incorporeal + free push + on your heal on a 10" attack... Ouch! So people will need to adapt how they deploy against him. The problem is if you spread to thin Jack can target an isolated model and kill it easily.

11 minutes ago, SEV said:

This seems quite easy to play around... Assuming an average of MV5 you'll lose 55% of the MV13 single duel. So just make sure to not have more than 2 models that can be hit by this and you'll spend 1 card from you hand to counter a master AP... 

The alpha strike threat seems real though. MV incorporeal + free push + on your heal on a 10" attack... Ouch! So people will need to adapt how they deploy against him. The problem is if you spread to thin Jack can target an isolated model and kill it easily.

Yeah, he needs to hit ~5 models to really just remove a board from the crew, so it can be played around for sure xD

But as you say, then the isolated models just died to hanged xD

I think I won't have as many 7-1 victories with him once people figure it out, but I think he'll still win a lot of games.

• 1 year later...

So I’ve an idea with Daw Ensouled (in outcast) and the new errata on relent just made it feasible. Didn't find time to test that, and I am still not sure if that is even legal to do.

Into Your Daw (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Jack Daw, Ensouled
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Guilty
  Guilty 2
  Malifaux Child
  Hanged
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Hanged 2
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Montresor
References:
  Curse of Reckoning
  Punish the Wicked
  Forbidden Knowledge

The idea is a heavy rush into your face list. This revolves around having the two Guilty shielding daw just in front of him, and use Last Words (Guilty are enemies from Daw’s perspective) to basically move through them and be transported into base contact of him every time daw moves/charges. This would move the Guilty on the board really quickly without even being activated, while at the same time block line of sight to daw (df 6/HtW). According to the last errata:

If a model is in a simple duel generated by any friendly model, its owner may choose to for it to relent and fail the duel before any cards are flipped. If it does, the relenting model skips Steps “A” through “E” below. The relenting model’s final duel total is treated as 0 for this duel.

Guilty can relent on Last Words since guilty is enemy from daw's perspective but daw is friendly from Guilty's perspective. So Last Words can be used, and furthermore, they don't have to lose any TN to be moved. That with daw's 3 actions and mv 6 means that you can move basically to 16'' of your Guilty's deployment position, and have T1 daw and those two guilty on the deployment zone, (or maybe on a corner for T2 strike depending on your needs).

That combined with two hanged with servant of dark powers and its herald, means you can have up to 5 models in the deployment zone T1. Then rush and see what happens.

Montressor here serves to give the hanged additional attacks/charges/toss the noose+onyourheels

Malifaux Child is situational. He could:

• Copy Monty's obey, (needing a 6), but can only target Ligeia. Woud position her for her aura on enemy's side also on T1,
  • Daw's unquiet soul (needing a 6) to heal/kill unressited on next turns, though he needs to be really close, so maybe just go try some scheming.
  • Move and score possibly

I am not sure about Curse of Reckoning on a Guilty. If daw charges a Guilty and hands the upgrade, would that give hazardous to the other Guilty? Since both can be treated as enemies to each other...

3 hours ago, Arlos896 said:

Can you charge through both guilty and resolve the last words to place them, then resolve the charge attack and hit the burst of speed trigger? Then pass through them and place them again. 

Yes, I think that should work. The attack from the charge will be after any non action things are sorted, such ad the last words placement.  

And yes, the hazardous aura from the betrayal upgrade will still affect your models.