Jack Daw Ensouled

Graf

First thing I noticed about the card:

Oh hey, he has Archivist's attack. But they quite rightly recognised that Archivist's attack is too strong to be in the game, so they weakened it significantly.

Second thing:

This Jack Daw doesn't have to discard to stay alive :D

Auguste seems so good with new Nellie, not sure where he fits here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

First thing I noticed about the card:

Oh hey, he has Archivist's attack. But they quite rightly recognised that Archivist's attack is too strong to be in the game, so they weakened it significantly.

Second thing:

This Jack Daw doesn't have to discard to stay alive :D

He doesn't have to discard, but he also doesn't have an easy heal, so its a bit of swings and roundabouts..

He is also probably less able to put out upgrades, so its harder to set up the card draw from torment (not impossible, but I would expect less card draw opportunities, but since you have less card discard it may balance out). 

I think one of Auguste greatest strength is the disturbing whispers, along with the effective stat 7 to hand out staggered. Not sure he is vital for either Daw, but I think he probably tanks surprisingly well. 

• Like 1

So first takes with Jacked Daw (that's his title don't @ me) is that he can force an opponent to bubble against their will and putting a huge amount of pressure on their hand.

Having on your heels still let's you use guilty has teleport pads and you get to draw a card for your troubles. 

When he gets an enemy on a model in a bubble he's made then he can make that models activation pretty bad to avoid pinging the crew to death. Also I think crooked men will be a nice include as they synergize well with Jacked's new upgrade. 

• Agree 1

Caveat - one of my main opponents is 10T and old Daw just didn't have a game into them so I've only run him a handful of times.

Crooked Men are very affordable little toolboxes. Earthquake is great for shooting into a scrum and setting up targets for Daw or taking advantage of already staggered models to draw.

Between Earthquake targeting Mv and Mining Tools ignoring triggers he can crack a lot of weirdly tough models (new Nexus, for instance).

The triggers on Malifaux Mining Law unlock some schemes the crew may otherwise struggle with and you've got the card draw to hit them as needed. Plus he's tough, and the crew can move him around quite a bit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, he's obviously designed for and stronger with her. Luckily Tormented isn't hurting in good Henchman/Enforcer. But what I see atm:

- potentially a good target for Daw2's Stagger canon (if you can collect Distracted stacks quick enough)

- additional card draw

- solid ranged (!) single-target debuff

- Exclusive Interview can deny scoring

I get the feeling Daw2 generally will work a lot with score denial. Auguste seems to me like an additional angle for that. If you can utilize that with your strategy, Auguste could shift the diff at least a point in your favour?

14 hours ago, Adran said:

but he also doesn't have an easy heal

*cough* Unquiet Soul *cough*

And let's be honest, our condition heal options (which Daw2 still needs) all have an additional heal available.

• Like 1

I don’t see auguste into jack at all. He’s dead with no effort. Jack’s always tight on SS I don’t see any reason to waste them on that fool. 

I like this new jack though. Think he’s got some interesting plays to disgusting ping and attacks with no counter. 

I like the idea of crooked men, but I’ve found that they die way too easily and not sure jacked is keeping them alive any better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Cranky Old Man said:

I have comprehension problems when reading cards. Could you run me through what happened?

Back to back activations (end of first turn, start of next turn), so six ap...

• First activation:
    • On Your Heels on a guilty
    • Charge through a wall and hit someone with a hazardous upgrade, burst of speed into position.
    • Guilt of the many.
  • Second activation
    • Guilt of the many
    • Guilt of the many
    • Melee attack with burst of speed to finish off the stragglers.

You can watch it in this video. Action starts around 32:00 if I recall correctly:

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 7:55 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

For sure xD

Not to add to the beat down That occurred but I think you guys forgot about last words on daw? Where after he moved through ophillia and the baby? They should have taken an additional mv duel or you could have placed them into contact with daw. Might have added more hazard damage 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Played Jack Daw into basically tabling my opponent turn 2 again.

• Jack daw did the usual alpha strike.
    • Hit a black joker on attack, then lost initiative to a red joker
  • Jack activated and did ~21 damage (then died thanks to losing initiative).
    • Opponent's hand was ripped apart to 0 cards.
  • Opponent draws back to 4 cards.
  • Hanged punched the hell out of my opponent until he ran out of stones.
    • Drained his hand again.
  • Montresor came up and executed enemy leader from full health.

Jack Daw 2 is so wild - guilt of the many drains so many cards and STILL does devastating damage.