New player questions for ressers

Snowhateswinter

I played a bit back in 2e, but I recently got back into model painting which ofc made me want to play more malifaux.

I have the reva core box (from 2e) and I also picked up the 3e Seamus core box. I'm waiting on Carrion Fate and Rottenburg.

I'd like to start playing at the lgs on malifaux night once my crews are painted but I'm worried that in schemey matchups I'll struggle with my choice being two masters who focus primarily on killing things. Can either Reva or Seamus easily shift to a scheming crew? And if not what resser master would fill this hole the easiest?

Any general tips for either master is always appreciated as well :)

Funnily enough, I'd consider Seamus and Reva too of our schemiest models in the entire faction. The biggest part of scheming is typically mobility, and both those masters have tons. So scheming is definitely an option for both of them.

Seamus especially suits the objectives of Gaining Grounds 2, our current ruleset.

I'd start with playing those two crews, and then see if you feel like you have a gap. Then identify if that gap can be filled with other models, or you need a new master.

Also, I think Bone Piles and Bete Noire go really well in a Reva crew. They can be incredible schemers if you're good at corpse positioning.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Funnily enough, I'd consider Seamus and Reva too of our schemiest models in the entire faction.

Shows what I know I guess haha

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Also, I think Bone Piles and Bete Noire go really well in a Reva crew. They can be incredible schemers if you're good at corpse positioning.

I forgot I do have a Bete Noire from 2e as well. Would you consider her an auto take in Reva or just for scheming

4 minutes ago, Snowhateswinter said:

Shows what I know I guess haha

I forgot I do have a Bete Noire from 2e as well. Would you consider her an auto take in Reva or just for scheming

Some people never take her, while I take her into almost all my Reva lists.

So worth experimenting! She is a good damage dealer and a good schemer, so she is a nice all-rounder model. Her ability to avoid death with her fade away trigger can be important for schemes and strategies where surviving matters (like Vendetta or Turf War).

• Like 1