Quick dive in to TT

SEV

I'm going to joint your sneaky manipulator lot for the time of a vassal league.

I'm planning to play 3 masters : Shen Long, Youko and Lynch.  

It's a casual league where stuff that died stay dead (can't be hire again).

yes I will read the available tactical threads for the masters above, but any tips will be appreciated.

Beside that I'm looking for general advice for the whole faction.

Any neat tricks/ combo?

Best scheme runners/beater/utility models (and do I need to hire them ook).

What to do with your upgrade?

Thank!

44 minutes ago, SEV said:

I'm going to joint your sneaky manipulator lot for the time of a vassal league.

I'm planning to play 3 masters : Shen Long, Youko and Lynch.  

It's a casual league where stuff that died stay dead (can't be hire again).

yes I will read the available tactical threads for the masters above, but any tips will be appreciated.

Beside that I'm looking for general advice for the whole faction.

Any neat tricks/ combo?

Best scheme runners/beater/utility models (and do I need to hire them ook).

What to do with your upgrade?

Thank!

Sensei + low river in any master good utility great heal . 

Fufu for deal dmg almost in any crew and good with sensei.

Desper for great scheme runner.

Wheel+ effigy for ludestone combo.

Warder/hucster tech picks .

Minako auto pick in misaki

• Thanks 1

Huckster and Katashiro are amazing schemers, both would be OOK. Dawn Serpent is a fairly independent model that can do beating/scheming well. Wanyudo is a great Lodestone carrier, and can also scheme well. Fuhatsu, Ototo, and Izamu are the “kill things dead” models in the faction. Sun Quiang is a good OOK support pick that can provide a backup schemer. Ama No Zako’s bonus  Action’s trigger to let any model take ANY action is great, the regular effect of Dark Bargain is handy as well.

Samurai can make great use of Silent Protector. Kabuki Warrior, Qi and Gong, like Trained Ninja to force more melee attacks into them. 

Shadow Emissary is mostly best avoided with the masters you’ve picked, Dawn Serpent is better unless you really want the hand cycle. I think Asami and Minako are the only models where you’d want it imo.

Terracota Warriors could be super useful in a tournament where hires stay dead. Depends on if a hired model, which dies then replaces another model and survives the game, counts as dead or not. Still can bring a lot of utility to a crew depending on Tactical Actions, and is especially strong in Youko or if second masters are allowed and you bring Asami.

• Thanks 1

One thing that could strongly change the nature of the games is how they handle model death. You talk about if a model is killed they can't be hired again. Does that mena that if Fuhatsu is killed, you can't use him in any more games?

How does that work for plentiful minions? do you have 3 samurai in total, and as each dies you remove that from you list of possible, or are they considered to be nameless minions so there are always some about...

That might change some of the crew building, and the play style of various crews if you add in this extra game of protecting models/targetting models for long term campaign purposes

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Adran said:

One thing that could strongly change the nature of the games is how they handle model death. You talk about if a model is killed they can't be hired again. Does that mena that if Fuhatsu is killed, you can't use him in any more games?

How does that work for plentiful minions? do you have 3 samurai in total, and as each dies you remove that from you list of possible, or are they considered to be nameless minions so there are always some about...

That might change some of the crew building, and the play style of various crews if you add in this extra game of protecting models/targetting models for long term campaign purposes

Also, how are Summons affected? Cause Hamelin and Somer in particular, could be either bloody awesome (if on table counts as "alive"), or completely useless (if once you've had 12 Rats die, you're done), outside one game.

6 hours ago, Adran said:

Yes, all the minions are available. So, for example, I start with 3 samurais, if one dies I still have 2 left.

Summons are not affected by that rules. 

You may need to be a little more selective than normal then. 

TT as a faction is typically noted for its fine Versatile models, but this means that they are common picks regardless of the Master you select, and so there is a chance that losses in any game will impact other games even if you change your master. 

I don't think its likely to be a real problem, unless you are playing a very long league, or you face some very killy opponents, but you might want to give a little more thought than normal about when you Hire Fuhatsu for example. 

• Like 1

Hi again vile TT players. For R1 of my league I'm plit against OG Guild Hoff, I selected OG Lynch and I played against a really good player (ouch).

The pool:

Flank / Break the Line. Claim jump, Death Bed, Martyrs,  B&S, Spread... I'm the defender.

1) Beside Kitty, how am I supposed to kick can (I know, I should have tought about that before selecting Lynch :-))?

2) the map is called the floor is lava (so a lot of hazardous burning)

IMG_20210916_110402.jpg

3) Hoffman is probably not a good matchup, any way to mitigate that?

Thank!

3 hours ago, SEV said:

Hi against vile TT players. For R1 of my league I'm plit against OG Guild Hoff, I selected OG Lynch and I played against a really good player (ouch).

The pool:

Flank / Break the Line. Claim jump, Death Bed, Martyrs,  B&S, Spread... I'm the defender.

1) Beside Kitty, how am I supposed to kick can (I know, I should have tought about that before selecting Lynch :-))?

2) the map is called the floor is lava (so a lot of hazardous burning)

IMG_20210916_110402.jpg

3) Hoffman is probably not a good matchup, any way to mitigate that?

Thank!

Samurai and Desper can ignore armor on melee attack, and Sidir has Analyze Weakness. Desper can also move BtL markers well with Leap/Don’t Mind Me.

Obsidian Statue and Wanyudo ignore Burning. Obsidian also comes with healing off scrap and laugh off for defending a marker, but can suffer bad from Hoff’s Analyze Weakness.

Dawn Serpent is mobile and tough to lock down, so it can move markers well enough.

Shadow Effigy makes it so you just need models in base contact, or within 3” with the trigger, and is especially good with anything that has Laugh Off.

Sun Quiang has Quick Cure for free assists to deal with the burning, don’t mind me for BtL markers, healing, Scrap -> Scheme, and ranged Distracted. Yin & Yang is stat 7 vs a crew of mostly Wp 4/5.

I think Desper/Sun/Effigy are a good package to start with, and a Terracotta Warrior can double up on healing or engaged Interacts. You might even be able to keep Obsidian/Fuhatsu alive for a good while through Hoff’s Analyze Weakness with Sun/TW combo and Huggy Obeys, though some bad luck could easily rip that away.

• Like 1