Seamus, AKA Sebastian Baker

HomelessOne

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Well, he had to waste actions he could have used elsewhere for that, so that's something. Seduction is awesome now. And even if he had 2 focus, he'll only get one focused attack off (as soon as he takes an action he'll gain Distracted from Seamus, negating his other one). And then it sounds like he was just sitting there with not much else to do. If you had some healing to bring Seamus back up it would have ended pretty well. 

Unfortunately Seamus has to engage the model for it to gain distracted, so 2" engage gets around it :(

• Agree 1

Played another game with Sebastian, using this list:

• Seamus w/ Whisper
  • Copycat
  • Sybelle
  • Dead Rider
  • Yin
  • Nurse
  • Restless Spirit

Was on Break the Line, so a bit AP intensive, but still managed to score 7 points (3/4 strategy points). So overall I think it had enough scoring power, while having tremendous killing power.

Yin, Rider, Nurse, and Sybelle all have really fantastic utility generally, and have the ability to generate 'why hello love' attacks while doing damage. Yin and Dead Rider can freely leave or enter the bubble, while the rest forms a solid foundation to just do tons of work.

This is probably my preferred list when declaring this Seamus (and if this list doesn't work, might not be worth declaring Seamus). But more testing to do.

EDIT: The flexibility is what I love about this list. The game didn't go the way I expected at first, so Dead Rider spend most of the game doing nothing on a flank. Then he killed 11 stones of models and interacted twice, securing the game.

1 hour ago, doubleW said:

Looking at the list Im quite sad.... 
Was really hoping to see more inkeyword models...
How did the summoning go? 

Summoned two doxies, and they did SO much work.

Even just interact twice to give distracted and bonus is a great activation.

Also dont lose hope. Part of it is Gaining Grounds. This Gaining Grounds you need to have power all over the map.

In GG1, I could see some pools where you'd take Belle and Doxy swarms.

So GG3 may really reward the swarms.

And... I'm only two games in. Still gotta test the swarms splitting up. Triple Belle has solid power on its own.

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Summoned two doxies, and they did SO much work.

Even just interact twice to give distracted and bonus is a great activation.

Also dont lose hope. Part of it is Gaining Grounds. This Gaining Grounds you need to have power all over the map.

In GG1, I could see some pools where you'd take Belle and Doxy swarms.

So GG3 may really reward the swarms.

And... I'm only two games in. Still gotta test the swarms splitting up. Triple Belle has solid power on its own.

true... 
at least you can summon now some undead ladies
did you do some turn 1 summon shenanigans? 

2 minutes ago, doubleW said:

true... 
at least you can summon now some undead ladies
did you do some turn 1 summon shenanigans? 

Yeah, that's what the restless spirit was for. To make corpses for summons.

Felt a LOT smoother, and is another bit of AP as needed. In my game, it was a hidden martyr, so it bee-lined at the 1-health Hinamatsu and died to give me a point.

If not for that, I would have moved around some strategy markers with it.

• Like 1

Overall, I was surprised at how little Seamus ended up summoning, though. It is GREAT turn 1, and then after that it is a question of whether he can spare the card and the AP (and if there is a corpse nearby).

I did play against a really aggressive opponent, so could see building up more summons if my opponent gave me time. But it is probably a bad idea to give Seamus2 time to summon...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Understandable. With Nico gone I don't think anyone else in the faction even owns a top hat. 

I was going to say that Mortimer has one, but then checked and he has a new model I completely missed. Lots in  Redchapel (Dead Dandy and copycat killer, Rotten Belle kinda, Dead Doxy etc). Maybe sloth is the only other one then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Anthar said:

If an enemy already has distracted and gains another distracted, would this trigger a damage from Urban Legend on Seamus?

Yes. Distracted is a condition with a + so models will still gain it even if they already have the distracted condition. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Updated build (stolen from a friend)

• Seamus with whisper
  • Sybelle
  • Sloth
  • Dead Rider
  • Yin
  • Nurse
  • 5 stones

Sloth giving a fast Sybelle and fast Yin turn 2 was pretty devastating... Just ran Seamus across the board at the enemy master once I had deal with his stuff and then proceeded to throw the enemy into seamus over and over and did a billion attacks.

My opponent also thought I would be playing Seamus 1, so built a crew to handle Seamus 1. As predicted, those sorts of crews are very weak to Seamus 2.

So i'm not sure how you build a crew that both seamus 1 and 2 can't handle on some of these pools.

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

My opponent also thought I would be playing Seamus 1, so built a crew to handle Seamus 1. As predicted, those sorts of crews are very weak to Seamus 2

Could you elaborate on that please? What makes it so hard to built a crew that will work against both ?

3 hours ago, SEV said:

Could you elaborate on that please? What makes it so hard to built a crew that will work against both ?

Seamus 1 is a bit elite to weak crews (if the whole enemy team is stone users he can't one-shot, then he may struggle to deal with them unless he can outscheme them).

Seamus 2 is the ultimate killer of models that seamus dislikes seeing. Armor 2, soulstone user, with hard to kill? Good luck surviving 20 ping damage :D

That said, I can imagine enormous swarms would be a problem (hamelin rats maybe?)

• Like 2