Seamus, AKA Sebastian Baker

HomelessOne

I wonder what the fluff is for Seamus's new title is. Like was he hit in the head with a brick? Going from 7Wp to 4 seems like it would involve some major life changes.

18 minutes ago, Rubyhathunger said:

The white haters look fiting in the world of Malifaux but not in those two keywords...

It is surprising that Red Chapel got it's first Living model. I guess Seamus feels less murderous in a nice new hat. I'm interested in what the final model looks like.

Speaking of the White Rabbit, the Local Habadashery doesn't specify other, so does it just need to be withing 3" of one other Keyword model? A built in Execute a turn is pretty nice. Especially with the normal hand pressure from Needle and Thread. Needle and Thread is interesting, since you want to use it before the opponent activates their model, but then you lose Manipulative.

16 minutes ago, HomelessOne said:

Sebastian Baker is just an alias Seamus created, a famous talent scout and agent, so he can lure women in to murder them. It's been around since 1e actually.

"AKA, Sebastian Baker" was actually even the name of one of his 2e upgrades.

I knew that much. I was more wondering if they would give an explanation for the -3Wp and +2Df in the fluff.

8 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Maybe this is Seamus not as the plot advanced but from before he became the nº1 wanted human? If that is the case, he is still a just got his mind broken, as is beginning to dabble in necromancy and murder.

The new model seems really fun, and this alternative of Seamus apparently will enjoy his crew and work surrounded by them... that is nice.

That seems like a reasonable explanation. He isn't maniacal enough to have completely given up on stuff like dodging yet.

I agree. With Urban Legend up, he can get pretty significant value out of "Why Hello Love" attacks.

I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Really not impressed with this Seamus. I don't see anything on his card I would give up the og Seamus for. OG Seamus is faster, killier, and arguably more survivable. New Seamus is a barely passable summoner with some minor support abilities. He doesn't really get you VP and his summons aren't particularly good scheme runners. I'll give him a shot but don't have much hope for him

1 hour ago, Deathinabox said:

Really not impressed with this Seamus. I don't see anything on his card I would give up the og Seamus for. OG Seamus is faster, killier, and arguably more survivable. New Seamus is a barely passable summoner with some minor support abilities. He doesn't really get you VP and his summons aren't particularly good scheme runners. I'll give him a shot but don't have much hope for him

min 4 attack attached to his bonus, (min 3 through armor 2) removes all your auras in order to attack him (so the only thing left on somer 2 for example is hard to wound), his attack can create another attack, and a summon can create 3 more min 4's hes super good at removing henchman and elite units and is far, *far* more defensive, with the obvious aura deletion (including to themselves) stealth and 13 wds

also an abusive amount of distracted on top of an on their activation opa hazard aura

28 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

min 4 attack attached to his bonus, (min 3 through armor 2) removes all your auras in order to attack him (so the only thing left on somer 2 for example is hard to wound), his attack can create another attack, and a summon can create 3 more min 4's hes super good at removing henchman and elite units and is far, *far* more defensive, with the obvious aura deletion (including to themselves) stealth and 13 wds

also an abusive amount of distracted on top of an on their activation opa hazard aura

Where are you getting Min 4. I'm only seeing Three.

And how does his Attack generate another attack? Pin them against the wall and get Bloody Display?

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Where are you getting Min 4. I'm only seeing Three.

And how does his Attack generate another attack? Pin them against the wall and get Bloody Display?

4 from bump! (sybelle) when they move they get distracted!
and yes, the other is pin them against a wall or another model, scarlet temptation helps that quite a bit

the one from summon is on the belles and (taken from my talks on discord) "So... Lure, to remove slow, Seamus stab, lure to get fast, Seamus stab, 4 distracted and either lure or unassuming to do min 3
The good thing about unassuming is that you either eat 2 distracted for min 3, or use the other trigger to push it into Seamus if you have either suit"
any such seamus stab will likely have a + flip to duel and can get bloody and if that succeeds (theyre at a -) you can push em back into the belle to get 2 fast from 1 ap (removing slow and gaining fast) and raising it to min 5 from triggering bump again and generating another stab

actually a tad more, most of those were pings so most defenses dont matter and belles have a trigger to give distracted on their lure and the extra extra seamus stab can get bloody so it could yet be more

23 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

4 from bump! (sybelle) when they move they get distracted!
and yes, the other is pin them against a wall or another model, scarlet temptation helps that quite a bit

the one from summon is on the belles and (taken from my talks on discord) "So... Lure, to remove slow, Seamus stab, lure to get fast, Seamus stab, 4 distracted and either lure or unassuming to do min 3
The good thing about unassuming is that you either eat 2 distracted for min 3, or use the other trigger to push it into Seamus if you have either suit"
any such seamus stab will likely have a + flip to duel and can get bloody and if that succeeds (theyre at a -) you can push em back into the belle to get 2 fast from 1 ap (removing slow and gaining fast) and raising it to min 5 from triggering bump again and generating another stab

actually a tad more, most of those were pings so most defenses dont matter and belles have a trigger to give distracted on their lure and the extra extra seamus stab can get bloody so it could yet be more

With Sybelle, the Bonus action has the possibility of min 8 damage if you position well for Bloody Display at best case. However, Bouquet itself only has a min 3 from the perspective of worst case, ie no resources spent and model isolated. I think the min dmg for attacks is usually considered from the latter perspective.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

With Sybelle, the Bonus action has the possibility of min 8 damage if you position well for Bloody Display at best case. However, Bouquet itself only has a min 3 from the perspective of worst case, ie no resources spent and model isolated. I think the min dmg for attacks is usually considered from the latter perspective.

I guess I mean "min" in the loosest definition in this case, as in, if you just get min damage, yes that is correct though

Actually, wait, only 8? You can get bloody display again! Scam...

29 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

I guess I mean "min" in the loosest definition in this case, as in, if you just get min damage, yes that is correct though

Actually, wait, only 8? You can get bloody display again! Scam...

Wow yea, as long as you have a mask/ss and they fail Bloody Display's WP duel, you can whack em till they are dead. Since they are stuck on negatives to flip for Bouquet's duel AND Bloody Display's WP duel, you've got a great chance to outright kill most models in the game if you can pin them against impassable w/in 6 of Sybelle. Incorporeal and Butterfly Jump are probably going to be taken often against Mr. Baker.

16 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Wow yea, as long as you have a mask/ss and they fail Bloody Display's WP duel, you can whack em till they are dead. Since they are stuck on negatives to flip for Bouquet's duel AND Bloody Display's WP duel, you've got a great chance to outright kill most models in the game if you can pin them against impassable w/in 6 of Sybelle. Incorporeal and Butterfly Jump are probably going to be taken often against Mr. Baker.

seamus needs to be in 6" of sybelle, not the model your punching so its actually easy and only really requires the belle lure to go off as you can put em where you want them to keep bashing them
they dont get a negative against the boquet, but you get a positive and reminder, stuff like scamper is deleted while in stealth range because it blocks all auras coming in and for whatever reason doesnt specify "other" just like the rest of the resser titles so it blocks all of their auras to themselves aswell, so its only things that allow you to ignore other models and butterfly jump to get out (You still take quite a bit of damage but wtv)

but you know what most of the models with butterfly jump are? otherwise squishy! and you *could* actually pull out seamus 1 this time!

(fun fact about rabbit co. local haberdashery also doesnt specify other, so you only actually need one other model for a suit! one trigger is a distracted pulse, anothers staggered, how rude :P)

edit (again) the celebrity from the upgrade means that after the turn they are summoned you can just give a person 2 unresisted by interacting twice if you dont want to flip anything

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I knew that much. I was more wondering if they would give an explanation for the -3Wp and +2Df in the fluff.

Ah. Well Sonnia taking off her mask nets her +1 Def and Mv while Pandora keeps her Wp score despite being even further broken by Despair's control, so there might not be deep lore reasons to it. lol

• Like 1

I wasn't initially that keen on this Seamus, but now wonder if it is one of our strongest bubble crews.

There's so many combos and ways to get lots of damage + distracted, can be very difficult to chew through this very tanky crew when you're on a bunch of distracted.

The auras and Talent Scout seem massive. I can see models just getting distraction-locked for an entire game (though note you still hit a reasonable number of attacks when on a minus).

Amputation not being built in seems like quite the issue, since the summons will be tricky. But 2 summons in a game may be plenty to get through the game.

Also being able to summon mourners is fantastic, since they have some good niche abilities that this lets you abuse. Though since Seamus doesn't have terrifying, it is a bit reduced...

Also worth noting that your enemy pretty much has to build around Seamus 1's gun, so you get the biggest benefit of Seamus 1 even if you're playing Seamus 2.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Amputation not being built in seems like quite the issue, since the summons will be tricky.

It's not enemy only, so you could charge charge your own model to get it off. If you thought it was worth saving a stone on Arise. 

Not that Ressers is particularly hurting for ways to drop corpses. 

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

It's not enemy only, so you could charge charge your own model to get it off. If you thought it was worth saving a stone on Arise. 

Not that Ressers is particularly hurting for ways to drop corpses. 

The big reason you want it to do a corpse is it saves you a crow on the summon.

EDIT: Right, that's what you were saying, sorry xD