Som'er Teeth Jones, Loot Monger

HomelessOne

7 hours ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

The whole stick seems to be tacked on to the master as a band-aid, and it doesn’t flow with the keyword

This was my impression, but I haven't gotten him on the table yet. 

What list did you run? When I list build it seems like I quickly run out of stones.

Like I want Georgie and Lenny with 12 cups. And also a spit hog for healing. And also cheap significant models like banjoistas and Old cranky to interact. And also Criers to get useful Obeys off Bayou Gremlins. And also Good Ol Boys for extra combat output.

I guess OG Somer spoiled me by letting me Summon what I need. 

16 hours ago, Thatguy said:

What list did you run? When I list build it seems like I quickly run out of stones.

Like I want Georgie and Lenny with 12 cups. And also a spit hog for healing. And also cheap significant models like banjoistas and Old cranky to interact. And also Criers to get useful Obeys off Bayou Gremlins. And also Good Ol Boys for extra combat output.

Great minds think alike :D

I had the following list:

• Som’er Teeth Jones
  • Skeeter
  • Skeeter
  • Spit Hog
  • Good Ol’ Boy
  • Good Ol’ Boy
  • Georgy and Olaf
    • Twelve Cups of Coffee
  • Lenny Jones
  • Old Cranky
  • Bayou Gremlin
  • 4x Soulstones

The core idea of the crew was to single out an enemy model and lure that into my crew. This would be the primary focus of the Spit Hog during the early turns, who would utilize the :aura from Old Cranky, and add slow to the Bayou Gremlin – Thus getting 3 flips on the duel, and hopefully ensure that I’d win the duel. This would then be supplemented by Som’er, who’d assist by using “Throw Junk”.

With a single enemy in perfect range for my crew & Spot the Goods, I’d then start blasting. I was hoping the enemy would then cheat a bunch of cards to survive the onslaught, and thus create a load of Scheme Markers within range, for me to utilize.

Georgy and Olaf with Twelve Cups of Coffee seems like a borderline obligatory choice for the crew.

I also wanted to include a Crier in my list, since I consider them great, however situational tanks & control pieces. But I was afraid that I’d lack damage, so I skipped it for now. I can see how a Crier would be useful to remove Scheme Markers, but it would add a whole new leveling of planning for me. Something like:

• Somehow force the enemy to drop a Scheme Marker (always hated depending on the enemy player) or spending an action myself to place a Scheme marker
  • Get a model to stand next to that Scheme Marker (Bayou Gremlin in this case, since you need the Bully-Abillity to avoid depending on a high Mask, and ignore being engaged)
  • Use my 6-SS model to get a 7-9 card in on a duel, to get a Bayou Gremlin to remove the marker my enemy spawned
  • Toss a card from my already depleted hand
  • Give a Pass token to the enemy.

Its just a lot of moving parts for a not very high payoff. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a weird question, big can Gremlin Raid let a model with the Comfortable Hat upgrade push in any direction?

The model can count itself as a scheme marker, and by the new towards and away rules you pick points on a missions base. Could you pick points in opposite sides to let the model push in any direction? 

48 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This might be a weird question, big can Gremlin Raid let a model with the Comfortable Hat upgrade push in any direction?

The model can count itself as a scheme marker, and by the new towards and away rules you pick points on a missions base. Could you pick points in opposite sides to let the model push in any direction? 

Away and towards are only defined for two different objects.  You mechanically are unable to move a model towards or away from itself, because the rules do not tell you how to resolve that movement.

Edit:  For emphasis:

If an object is moving "away from" or "toward" another object, the player controlling the move must choose a single point on each object as reference points. Then move the object in the most direct path so that the two reference points are furthest from or closest to each other as possible (as appropriate).

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mr Oogie Boogie said:

does this replace the rules for the other som'er?

The newest expansion included new titles for all Masters and you can choose which version you wish to use.

Do note that the last errata did change the rules of the original Som'er, though, so be sure to use the right card (the one in the app is the correct one).