2021 Monthly Painting Challenge - September

Caedrus

Greetings, fellow painters, and welcome to the Monthly Painting Challenge for September!

Everything you need to know for the Challenge is right HERE.

In the Southern Hemisphere, it's Spring! In the Northern, it's Autumn / Fall! A new season, a new month, and most importantly, a new Challenge!

The Freehand Challenge!

In the month of September, I challenge you to grab that 10/0, and so some freehand! Tattoos, details, cloak designs, stripes, tartan ... they are all awaiting your steady hand and delicately balanced blood pressure medication!

Have a fantastic September, look after yourself and your loved ones, and keep those brushes damp!

Caedrus.

• Like 3

For September, once again I will be trying to finish my Hannah. Also on the painting list is a Dispatcher, and a couple of Pistoleros de Latigo!

Who will get the freehand? Probably Hannah, but who knows!

Stay well, and stay safe, everyone!

Caedrus.

• Like 1

Hi there!  I'll keep going with the Kirai band, this month I'll try to paint Kirai herself, and the lost love.  

I also recently built de akaname, and oh god i love those minis, they look so disgustingly adorable ❤️  I ve already have the painting scheme super clear, and looking forward to paint them, but gotta be strong and focus XD

5 hours ago, Gheist said:

I have a question: I am seeing all this beautiful Paintjobs and yet nobody is asking how they are done. Is it considered bad manners or would you answer me if ask nicely :D ?

This community is all about sharing and helping others so I don't think anyone would have an issue with such question ;) i'd only suggest asking more specific questions, e.g. about painting skin, material, freehand, basing techniques - that way you should get answers that could help you get more concrete details :)

I think I'll try to add this lot to my September pledge, let's see how it goes.

painters-challenge-september2021.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Viruk said:

This community is all about sharing and helping others so I don't think anyone would have an issue with such question ;) i'd only suggest asking more specific questions, e.g. about painting skin, material, freehand, basing techniques - that way you should get answers that could help you get more concrete details :)

I think I'll try to add this lot to my September pledge, let's see how it goes.

painters-challenge-september2021.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the little scribe dude finished. One of my favourite sculpts ever.

14 hours ago, Gheist said:

I have a question: I am seeing all this beautiful Paintjobs and yet nobody is asking how they are done. Is it considered bad manners or would you answer me if ask nicely :D ?

PLEASE ask! I love talking about painting, and for my skill level, I am more than happy to chat!

Here's a very quick update as I get on the home stretch for September!

bCo943c.jpg

September has been crazy, and October is going to be even more so, so I was looking for a quick way to get my points.

More images to come as the month closes out!

Stay well,

Caedrus.

• Like 4

Well I made my bare minimum on the pledge this month. I did have a super strong August and a lot of distractions (work, new games and life). @CaedrusHere are my three Daeva's for September. That's 21ss for the month. I'm hoping to finish the rest of the crew in early October. Thanks again to @Stranglelovefor taking the pictures. I think they came out nice and spooky if I say so myself.

bnxSpqJ.jpg

• Like 5

Caedrus, reporting in!

I hope you will forgive these not-quite-indicative photos, as the end of the month is only a few hours away, where I am in Australia!

With three Pistoleroes de Latigo (12SS), the Dispatcher (3SS) and Tuco Ortega (7SS), I have just sneaked in for the Master requirement for September.

It's been a crazy month for me! I hope to have these guys' final touches done by later tonight, but I thought you'd like to se what I have been up to!

HrWsfQ2.jpg

My Hannah and proxy will have to wait for another month (October will be even busier than September! 😲), but I have fulfilled my Freehand Challenge with Hannah's dress. The pattern doesn't quite match the contours of her dress, but it's close. Live and learn!

Have a great day, and I shall post some more photos of the final product very soon!

Have a great one, stay safe, and be well!

Caedrus.

• Like 5

Looking great everyone! The freehand (especially those tattoos @Engorn!!!) and colors (Tuco's coat just POPS @Caedrus!) are truly impressive.

September's been busy for me as well, and I needed to make a quick change on what I was focused on, so I just finished the Duet and Mikhail (after much consideration about what to do for the sword) for 21ss.large.20210930_110750.jpg.c7b32941826bab5e5035caefcea9e3c6.jpglarge.20210930_110852.jpg.c1cbbd5619768ec54786584459836da8.jpglarge.20210930_111005.jpg.063c9ee6219da60a6a5b4e20d1d4fc99.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So last day last hour...8 Models and one Battlereport in spite of vacation...feel good :)

hTlgrXy.jpgoAXjNWA.jpg

2S1UjLN.jpgoAxojNV.jpg

YuuiuHQ.jpgDXdUiws.jpg

hYl1ES4.jpgCf7vRBp.jpg

Sorry Pictures are awkward :D ... need to paint more faces, although it's already better on the Evs Models, did excuse of a freehand on Vernon and Welles Telescope.

I would love to do some Tattoos on some of my Models as well but struggle with dilution of paint.

46 SS @Caedrus

• Like 8

Whoops, it's already October - here's the rest of my September pledge:

Old Guild starter:

painters-challenge-september-2021final.j

I believe this one used to be called Governor's proxy back in the day, really nice minis - cast in metal, full of character.

painters-challenge-september-2021final2.

And the new Lucius I painted during two streams

painters-challenge-september-2021final3.

Altogether this brings me to 67 soulstones

• Like 6