Lucas McCabe, Tomb Delver

Eclipse

Shout out to the guys from The Other Coast for doing this reveal on behalf of Wyrd: https://anchor.fm/theothercoast

Here is the new McCabe version:
M3E_Card_LucasMcCabe18484.thumb.jpg.8aad003242943175395a7cc068442186.jpg

Seems very strong in utility and control while being quite solid in terms of damage. It's interesting how a number of his bonuses are meant for his keyword models, Wastrels.

And then we have the Corpse Curator. A model shared with, you never guessed it, McMourning of all people:M3E_Card_CorpseCurator03292.thumb.jpg.c70dcb4f4088f569158bf28e89d3bc26.jpg

The corpse curator is a neat walking marker factory; apparently you can excavate some nifty stuff if you go snooping around ancient horror tombs.
Perhaps the Ressers can make better use of it, though. Can you guys think of any OoK models that would love some scrap/corpse markers? Minako Rei and Toshiro in a Yan Lo crew come to mind.

• Like 1

Absolutely love Indiana McCabe! I will mourn his horse though. 

Kinda wish he brought a new upgrade with him. I mean he is the OG as far as attaching upgrades is concerned and in the current edition he does it less than the other masters that also can. VonSchill, Marcus, and McMourning 2 all have a larger variety of upgrades and can attach multiple a turn off a single action with Quick Reflexes. I'm not saying he needs the trigger to take the action again because his give out fast, but one new upgrade might have been nice to bring him in line with the other upgraders.

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

Can you guys think of any OoK models that would love some scrap/corpse markers?

Sun Quiang taken OOK can drop scheme markers and draw cards with consistency. Drop a scheme off Curator, draw with trigger, heal Curator, draw with trigger. Bedside manner allows you to use the bonus action to reposition Curator up to a possible 5”, which in turn can pull the scheme marker with it (I think?).

Yin in Yan Lo (or anything with feed on grief) gets an offensive boost against targets near Curator.

• Thanks 1

Hm...i feel bad for saying it, but your Bonus Action gives everyone within 5 Inch of the Curator Focus for a 3 of Tombs or higher

Thats like 5-7 AP for a bonus action. That's Massive.

Anyway f*** the Horse, it's Indiana McCabe. Rule of cool

19 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Hm...i feel bad for saying it, but your Bonus Action gives everyone within 5 Inch of the Curator Focus for a 3 of Tombs or higher

Thats like 5-7 AP for a bonus action. That's Massive.

Anyway f*** the Horse, it's Indiana McCabe. Rule of cool

Splain please?

The bonus has to be one listed on an Upgrade? Not Treasure Trove?

Am I missing something? I can be quite dumb.

21 minutes ago, touchdown said:

Treasure Trove with the Jackpot trigger. You don't even need the Curator if you have a way to easily get a scrap out

Yeah i tought the same, with a 3:tome you can give Focus +1 to everybody, even McCabe, and then concentrate with him.

1 hour ago, belorey said:

Yeah i tought the same, with a 3:tome you can give Focus +1 to everybody, even McCabe, and then concentrate with him.

Yeah but i misread

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Splain please?

The bonus has to be one listed on an Upgrade? Not Treasure Trove?

Am I missing something? I can be quite dumb.

you can only give focus to the model that gained the upgrade that way. I misread the trigger *shame*

Well there goes another wet dream...

But you can stack it like you can have 2 models that gained an upgade that way in round 2 and so forth... but i don't know if it's worth the effort

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't think so. Ride With Me places the model instead of moving it.

The Drag Along trigger is on the Ride With Me action. Allows McCabe to target a marker (Curator?) within 2" to be placed in base contact at end of push in addition to the model he is bringing. 

I didn't even think about the Curator's Drag Behind. Though a place is a type of move, right? So does that mean the Curator could bring a marker as well? 

22 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't think so. Ride With Me places the model instead of moving it.

Push and Place effects are a type of move (pg 14). McCabe’s ride with me can place a model, place the Curator w/ drag along, and the Curator can place a marker with drag behind… great use of a single bonus action AP!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Adran said:

The horse... its gone!

And that was the true master too... all we're left with some meat puppet 😭

Seriously this McCabe looks much better at holding a point. He still can combine with the 10T bruiser minions like Samurai or Jorogumo to pass his upgrades to. I'd deffo want a Remone to taxi him up and then scheme run.

He kind of seems a little like a less mobile version of his pre-nerf self of getting stuck in the thick of it, tanking and dealing damage.

Kind of weird he doesn't get "Adventure Awaits!", I'd always thought that was a patch ability to fix some of the TN hungry nature of the keyword. It's going to be annoying to Errata any of the Wastrels through TNs now as you're changing two different target numbers effectively.

• Agree 1

Front card:

So we trade:

1, 2 & 3) the horse with mobility and crazy health pool

4) Adventure awaits! - i will miss it the most (but while writting this i feel it's quite fair trade)

For:

1) Claim the riches that are far more superior than looted suppplies

2 )Cursed objects are like +1 df and wp for the whole crew that has to learn how to not be shot and operate as fast brawler and even more as the artifact bearer doesn't need to be targeted by those attakcs.

3) Depths of Malifaux - my guts telling me thet ignoring hazardous terrain will be very useful.

4) Treasure hunter - so free two zero actions (take this and Blade Strom/Equality of fate/Protective spirits) that gives more shielding?

Back card:

We trade and get:

1) Bull whip/Glowing saber for Bleeder lash - if by this model in Crack the whip trigger they mean McCabe then this damage track is crazy - 4/4/5 with some free 1 damage pings. With Timeworn Blade - oooh boys and girls... 2" reach with extended reach.

2) Netgun/Collier for Pepperbox - well Netgun is probably one of the best guns in Malifaux, but who needs shoot at people when you can whip them?

3) Scrounge the relics for Treasure trove - so no artifact spam at first turn, but it's zero action, it's easier to pass (6 to 3) with longer range (6" to 15") and those triggers - both are wonderful - tome with focus spam benefiting from staying in keyword.

4) Take what you can carry  - Just for 6 within LoS you can leave engage range of most enemy models, interact, heal and ignore staggered (focused cleaning) or drop scrap marker for looted supplies/artifact.

I love this alternative. Supporting and Brawler Master. He is much more into keyword, but this if + for me.

He almost doesn't need any cards from hand and with focus spam Wastrels could pass their TN's easier so maybe losing Adventure awaits will not be as hard.

I see two Rough Riders and Masked Agent in this crew. Tanuki is no longer needed (even in preerrata form).

3 hours ago, FrostHunter said:

2 )Cursed objects are like +1 df and wp for the whole crew that has to learn how to not be shot and operate as fast brawler and even more as the artifact bearer doesn't need to be targeted by those attakcs.

First thing I noticed, was because of it's wording, it can really mess with opposing Attack buffs. Try to Obey someone while in that aura, or similar attacks with a TN (including the initiation of most shockwave effects), and it just became more difficult.

Obviously doesn't do much on Attacks without a TN, but there's still a lot it does.

15 hours ago, touchdown said:

Now I'm confused. The trigger says friendly wastrels with 5" of the model that attached the upgrade get focused +1. Not just that model.

Yes with a 3:tome every wastrel (even the model who get the upgrade) within 5" get Focus +1 so you can give Focus to all models with a single action. Thats very eficient.