New McMourning

There's so much to absorb.

That bonus action - you can have flesh constructs with the Rogue Necromancy attack!!!

I'm sure there must be a trigger we can abuse by gaining the ability to stone for it xD

The Experimental keyword gets a LOT stronger with these upgrades on

Having a Flesh Construct summon engine seems pretty trivial with this guy and the Curator (which is an autotake I assume?)

Curator can stack 100 poison and blow someone up, and if he fails he just heals xD Particularly potent with McMourning 1 who can abuse rancid transplant to make this go off with no resist xD

DON'T MIND ME FOR THE FACTION? WITH MOVE 6???

I think its safe to say its probably a bad move to let this build up high poison and stand next to you.  I'm sure you can get this to poison +50 if you really try, but you're probably looking at this being your crew focus. (I think that's enough to kill anything in the game that can be killed by a single damage source). 

Just now, Adran said:

I think its safe to say its probably a bad move to let this build up high poison and stand next to you.  I'm sure you can get this to poison +50 if you really try, but you're probably looking at this being your crew focus. (I think that's enough to kill anything in the game that can be killed by a single damage source). 

For sure, but it can come up pretty easily with the right circumstances. 5 poison is pretty trivial to achieve on the Curator, so I assume it will be a constant threat once it gets in position (aka, people can't let it get in base contact, so have to target it with extreme urgency in some situations).

And that's not even counting the "put it in base contact from 15-30 inches away end of turn" and nuke someone for their full health xD (Dead Rider reap end of turn 3).

The second one is pretty niche, but the blood poisoning one seems like it could constantly be a threat - especially if it gets to go hang out with activated models.

On to the McMourning though...

This seems like one of our most potent summoners:

• Start with one corpse.
  • Sebastian summons a canine remains from a corpse (makes a new corpse)
  • Canine remains makes an extra corpse
  • Mcmourning summons a flesh construct from curator and 2 corpses (makes a corpse and draws a card)
  • Then can hand out two upgrades (one corpse on table, one scrap from curator).
  • Curator on 2 health

So that's a pretty solid engine!

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

On to the McMourning though...

This seems like one of our most potent summoners:

• Start with one corpse.
  • Sebastian summons a canine remains from a corpse (makes a new corpse)
  • Canine remains makes an extra corpse
  • Mcmourning summons a flesh construct from curator and 2 corpses (makes a corpse and draws a card)
  • Then can hand out two upgrades (one corpse on table, one scrap from curator).
  • Curator on 2 health

So that's a pretty solid engine!

I'm having trouble figuring out how Sebastian make a new corpse when summoning a Canine Remains. Can you please let me know what you're thinking here?

So you can steal rogue necromancy attack and stone for pouncing strike... That's not scary at all xD

4 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

I'm having trouble figuring out how Sebastian make a new corpse when summoning a Canine Remains. Can you please let me know what you're thinking here?

McMourning has an aura that when you remove a corpse, you can make a corpse. So stuff that would normally cost a corpse ends up costing nothing (opa).

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Barmution said:

As a non-Resser player I'm certainly looking forward to getting a Fast Crooligan BYS'ing in next to a MV7 Rouge Necromancy in my deployment zone t1, doing 3 of said Necromancy's attacks onto something.

But are you giving the flurry upgrade to the Necromancy or the Crooligan? 

Who am I kidding, its plentiful 2. Give it to both! Then you get to face probably 6 savage bites in turn 1 in your deployment zone...

Edit -

Alas -upgrades are experimental only

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

But are you giving the flurry upgrade to the Necromancy or the Crooligan? 

Who am I kidding, its plentiful 2. Give it to both! Then you get to face probably 6 savage bites in turn 1 in your deployment zone...

Can only attach Appendages to Experimental models, due to balance issues 🤪

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

That bonus action - you can have flesh constructs with the Rogue Necromancy attack!!!

Nah give it to the doggo's give em a real bite!

Or better yet, give the doggo Mikhail's Greatsword! By my reading, only the target has to be friendly, not the model "donating" the action. Please correct if wrong.

• Agree 3

I'm not sure if this works, but I think canine remains has an interesting interaction with the Curator.

Carrion Away removes a corpse marker and then drops one at end of activation.  Corpse Curator counts as a marker but is not removed.  Re-use on McMourning would drop the "removed" corpse marker within 2".

So 1 from Carrion Away, 1 from Re-use, and 1 being the Curator means you can sommon a Construct turn 1 for a bonus action?

35 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

he cannot scarpel anything and heal back,

Yeah, NuMcMourning has lost a lot of surviability. Organ Donor is gone. His Hard to Wound too, and he dropped from 6 to 5 df. Field Testing has made him and his crew a little less survivable too. Disguised and =1 Health help a little. Definitely wants to hide behind stuff in the back line now.

He looks like he does a whole lot for scheming though. Reduce Reuse Recycle protects Scheme Markers within 8" of him. And Spare Head seems big, since a scheme runner with it is potentially dropping a scheme marker when either player damages the model.