Mei Feng, Foreman

belorey

We have two new masters revealed.IMG-20210823-WA0005.thumb.jpg.c7d943506318323f090d39e816b2fa7b.jpgIMG-20210823-WA0004.thumb.jpg.d01a589a40b7fe4e6bfc25f28f435141.jpg

The new Mei Feng looks a very interesting support master. She can give conditons, heal and his damage reduction maker her very strong.

I have a doubt with new enforcer's tactical action. Can you reduce the damage from burning/poison that happens during the End Phase? Or the effect ends at the begining of the End Phase?

Really liking Impromptu Invention. Can she just hand out Adversary(whatever)? The rules say that Adversary is a Keyword, Characteristic, or Name; so just handing out Adversary(Construct or Foundry) or whatever you have a couple of models ready to charge in with.

But just being able to do Fast, Slow, Stunned, with the possibility of then having them Walk or Interact (Or remove destructable terrain) depending on what the situation calls for seems both really fun and good to me.

Not sure about Salvage Site stopping the damage from Burning or Poison, I'm guessing no but I haven't looked closely at the timing yet. Besides letting people be Reckless for free what other effects do damage that aren't attacks or terrain?

Rusted Metal letting him protect scrap markers sounds pretty nice but I think him doing that too much would just paint a target on his back.

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

Really liking Impromptu Invention. Can she just hand out Adversary(whatever)? The rules say that Adversary is a Keyword, Characteristic, or Name; so just handing out Adversary(Construct or Foundry) or whatever you have a couple of models ready to charge in with.

But just being able to do Fast, Slow, Stunned, with the possibility of then having them Walk or Interact (Or remove destructable terrain) depending on what the situation calls for seems both really fun and good to me.

Not sure about Salvage Site stopping the damage from Burning or Poison, I'm guessing no but I haven't looked closely at the timing yet. Besides letting people be Reckless for free what other effects do damage that aren't attacks or terrain?

Rusted Metal letting him protect scrap markers sounds pretty nice but I think him doing that too much would just paint a target on his back.

Adversary Enemy exists in the game, but you can only advasary once per turn regardless of changign what the x is. 

Salvage site won't stop burning or poison (page 35 before the end phase effects end before during the end phase effects) but it will stop things like Black blood, vengence, blade rush, demise:explosive. I'm sure there are other effects. Its not huge but its common enough that you will find times its useful. ( if you put it up, you can prevent damage from we are legion to 0 which might be useful if your model is parasited)

8 minutes ago, Jude said:

I feel like giving out injured +2 and than giving Focus +2 to fuhatsu is nothing the thunders really needed imho :D but i'll take it.

I feel she's kinda like hoffmann but to be honest not nearly as good. Mei seems to be a Style Master after all.

8 minutes ago, Jude said:

Until the end Phase, poison and burning  happens during the end phase, so no protection there

I am pretty sure it's one of those masters where i can't see how it works til someone kicks my butt with it on the table though ;)

1 hour ago, Jude said:

So you can give Adversary (Enemy) to Gwyneth and make her almost imposible to beat. 🤪 

I really like the Hoffman support style, maybe she is not as good as Hoffman supporting her constructs but she os faster and can summon gamings.

• Haha 3

She seems pretty good. Work Place Efficiency means she could give fast and obey a standard action like walk or interact. Moving AP around is good, getting two AP is better. 

Slowing then forcing a Disengage seems like a good way to mess with models too. It doesn't say non-Master so it could be used to kill New Reva lol. 

6 hours ago, NoisyAssassin said:

Idk, is there anything about her that stands out as Synergy with the Statue? 

Heated Iron and the Statue's Crumbling Apart results in a nice 1 damage pimg pulse. Sadly it's only once per activation. Also Fore-Mei has a lot more use for all the Scrap the Statue will be dropping. The welder causes automatic burning, the Statue intensifies it.

Sure, it's nothing gamebreaking (it's still Mei after all) but I think there are some neat synergies.

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Lay Track + Mass Hysteria with Heated Iron means an unresisted 3" Push with an 8" range which is pretty cool, right?

You don't get a push because the model was damaged by the ability and not action so Mass Hysteria doesn't apply unless they fail the duel?

• Agree 5

36 minutes ago, trikk said:

You don't get a push because the model was damaged by the ability and not action so Mass Hysteria doesn't apply unless they fail the duel?

I suppose you could interpret it like that. I was thinking that there was an Action and there was Damage. Without the Action there wouldn't have been Damage so it was the Action that caused the damage.

6 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I suppose you could interpret it like that. I was thinking that there was an Action and there was Damage. Without the Action there wouldn't have been Damage so it was the Action that caused the damage.

If another model dropped the scrap marker as part of their attack, Mei would still get the  kill credit as it was her ability that did the damage. 

Otherwise the attacker gains all the damage done by abilities like black blood as part of their action(which can matter when its an action like Decay that gives injured to all models damaged by this action)

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Adran said:

If another model dropped the scrap marker as part of their attack, Mei would still get the  kill credit as it was her ability that did the damage. 

Otherwise the attacker gains all the damage done by abilities like black blood as part of their action(which can matter when its an action like Decay that gives injured to all models damaged by this action)

But it was Laying the Tracks Action that dropped the dangerous Scrap Marker which caused the damage. Sure, the Ability modified the Scrap Marker into being damaging but the Scrap Marker was a part of the Action. Similar to how, say, extra Blast Markers from (the now defunct) Bombs in Your Belly would modify the Action and who gets damaged by it.

3 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

But it was Laying the Tracks Action that dropped the dangerous Scrap Marker which caused the damage. Sure, the Ability modified the Scrap Marker into being damaging but the Scrap Marker was a part of the Action. Similar to how, say, extra Blast Markers from (the now defunct) Bombs in Your Belly would modify the Action and who gets damaged by it.

Unfortuantly, its not really similar. Bombs in your belly modified the action and the damage was done as part of the resolve action section (as all blast damage is). Heated iron is a new effect that happens when something else happens (In this case a scrap marker dropped). Its not modifying the action

Its also worth noting that Heated iron isn't optional, so it will happen with the first scrap marker within 8" each activation, you can't choose to hold it back for a later scrap that will touch more models. 

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, touchdown said:

What do you think are the best options for versatile or ook beaters for Mei to give fast+focus or double focus to?

Fuhatsu seems like an obvious choice. Misaki 2nd master with double focus thereby getting 3 attacks with :+flipto damage seems fun. Any other great options I'm missing?

Any of the Versatile Enforcers and Samurai would do great with Fast/extra Focus. Jorogumo look like a standout OOK Minion to give both conditions to (as long as you know the opponent won’t be bringing an Obey).

18 hours ago, touchdown said:

What do you think are the best options for versatile or ook beaters for Mei to give fast+focus or double focus to?

Fuhatsu seems like an obvious choice. Misaki 2nd master with double focus thereby getting 3 attacks with :+flipto damage seems fun. Any other great options I'm missing?

In fact, forget about taking her just with Fuhatsu. As a secondary Master, she could be stellar in a Shenlong crew. Now the important members of your crew are not only in position and spending almost no AP to scheme and move, but also Fast and Focused. 
Alternatively, she could help Relic Lo by protecting Komainu hires; there is also, as always, a minor burning synergy with the Wanyudo, Obsidian Statue and Terracottas.
Furthermore, Ama no Zako can copy the free action of Mei Weld, giving her the needed scrap marker synergy; while in turn Mei Weld can shield her coworkers from the Mrs. Zako's toxic work policy.
And then we have McGreat and potentially solid synergy with the crew's naturally generated scrap markers needed for schemes. Do note that Mei Weld could also heal the Corpse Curator in a pinch after it drops yet another corpse marker.

• Like 1