lord Cooper huntmaster

Pallas4

12 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

So hopeful prospects could be transformed in eagles.

You can join the society... As a pet.

They could already be turned into trained raptors when played with Basse (Frontier Keyword), so that tracks!

The title seems very beast oriented.

Can make a beast move/charge
A friendly beast can discard a card for a free melee action when he wounds an ennemy model

Both attacks from the charge or scent of blood get a +1, too.

You'll want the Malisaurus Rex with him, for sure.
Though with Ullr you can have Cooper Shoots > Scent of Blood makes Ullr attack > Hold down trigger makes Cooper shoot (no trigger available) > Another beast attacks (no trigger available)

You might also want vatagi hunters to have a few pit traps so you can make ennemy models engaging cooper move away with the trigger on the melee attack.
Though Cooper can make pit traps by himself, so I don't know how much you need them for that

Now, the empyrean eagle.
Scout ahead is pretty nice for a cost 5 model.
Looks to me like it would be a very nice scheme runner with flight, Mv7 & the vantage point trigger on aerial strike.
Especially considering that the crew has a lot of ways to move friendly models, so it shouldn't be hard to ensure they don't start their artivation engaged.

Talons looks to me more like a way to try to use the trigger rake the eyes.
Though with the +1 from scent of blood, that's easier to succeed so it can be a bit of bonus damage.

Model wise :
I like a duel headed eagle. Not much to say about it though.

I also like the more stealthy looking Cooper with the hooded cape.
Not sure what is going on with the antlers behing though. Is it on his back? Is there a full skull with there too? I would guess so with the vibe he has going on.

A few things that came to mind :

would Mr. Ngaatoro be nice with that version of Cooper.
If he obeys a friendly model, thanks to Cooper's Lead the Hunt, the generated action would have +1

Also Lead the Hunt also works well with the Crypsis Corps' patient strike.
Since it will generate an action outside of the Crypsis' activation, he'll get that +1

And it works with Ullr's Hold down trigger

Quite a few opportunities to get that +1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

I also like the more stealthy looking Cooper with the hooded cape.

Not sure what is going on with the antlers behing though. Is it on his back? Is there a full skull with there too? I would guess so with the vibe he has going on.

I was looking at those as tree branches - like he's carrying a blind around on his back. 

Not sure why you'd want Nightsilk over Damned or Sandworm though, and you probably don't want to be taking multiple OOK Beasts. Likely if you think the ability to apply ranged Stunned and Staggered will be relevant? Or could combo with Mr. Ngaatoro for a mini Poison subtheme, but that seems really niche.