Book X speculation

Zombified Kiwi

I have the core and all of the expansion books currently released.
So far they spell out MA-L-I-F-A-U.

So what do you guys think the last book will be?

I feel like we have everything aside from an explorers book or a thunders book currently.

Sy guess is a Ten Thunders book, but the Torakage is already in another book so I'm not sure what to expect.

1 hour ago, ThreeBatts said:

Sy guess is a Ten Thunders book, but the Torakage is already in another book so I'm not sure what to expect.

Well, we already had the Death Marshal Advanced Pursuit in the Core Rules before Above The Law (the Guild themed book) released, so I'd say a Ten Thunders book is still very plausible.

...In which case I suppose "On The Path" would be my guess for the title =P 

I am not sure, I always wanted an Armory or Bestiary book, with a more detailed map of Malifaux. As someone who has played more TTB then Malifaux itself at this point, I would say that TTB has more than enough content. So beside an Armory/Pantry/Collection of items, and a Bestiary to help take the load off me having to invent things all the time.

• Like 1

I feel like Ten Thunders is most likely, it's an older faction that doesn't have its own book yet.  I also like the idea of an Explorer's Society book because that can fill in a lot of gaps.  

Personally, I'd love to see a The Other Side book.  It feels like there's only three lore tidbits about what's happening Earthside in the TtB books so you'd have to dig through the podcasts and short stories elsewhere to know what's going on, and the only game rule is that you flip :-flip to magic while Earthside.

My last guess feels like a long shot;  we know they were going to do a high-level sourcebook using the Avatars storyline.  They may have abandoned the Avatars concept but maybe not the high-level campaign idea.  Malifaux Burns looks like it's bringing a lot of changes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So from the gencon video I guess book X is confirmed to be a Ten Thunders book. I still think it would be cool to have an expanded armory/bestiary book though. Seems like it would be all around useful.

And I would guess an Explorer's Society book would be incoming eventually, but I second wanting to see a book focusing on Earth side.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...