Tara and 33

Pallas4

On 10/8/2021 at 2:50 AM, Hawkoon said:

Played aganist this exact list with Titania2 yesterday, and I have to say it was not fun... at all. Titania got buried by 33 the first activation of the first turn and there was nothing I could do about it since my opponent had a 13 on hand. Titania did practically nothing but tank attacks for the rest of the game. (I eventually gave up after turn 3)

I did not know about this "trick" and I have to say this is the first time in the 3 years i've been playing that I've really felt like "flipping the table" (was a vassal game so not technically possible). I don't mind being penalized for not knowing my opponents crew, but I don't really think knowing beforehand would change the NPE very much either. If anyone know a proper way to counter this (that doesn't involve cramming my crew together an entire game), I'm all ears.

I mean, abundant growth right under Tara at the start of the game could wipe 1-3" of that range.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:08 PM, RisingPhoenix said:

Damn, well there's my Aionus fix on Tara 2.  I really like T2 and with Talos being buffed I think this crew is in a great spot.   Rewind might be the stupidest ability I've ever seen on a crew like this.  As far as I can tell it lasts forever as long as you're willing to get pinged?  And you can rewind to a location way back, bury, and unbury?  'kay.  This is a hit and run crew par excellance, and the only piece that isn't doing that is Talos, who is a beefy boy. 

Surely it ends when the echo marker gets discarded (at the start phase if not before), so its 1 turn of hit and run. The damage allows you to not remove it when you ping back, but doesn't stop it being removed in the start phase. 

Its still a very good hit and run crew, but it requires some effort to make it keep working. 

3 hours ago, Arlos896 said:

That's correct, triggers are part of the action that generated them so it would be reduced to zero. 

I actually meant the damage you take from keeping the Echo Marker in play as part of the main text of Rewind, but yes, same would apply to stuff like the Burn Out trigger.

10 hours ago, Arlos896 said:

I think it's actually quite thematic. These beings from beyond time and space are fine with being little paradoxes. Physical people suffer the adverse effects of being flung through time. 

Agreed, and it gives and in-keyword advantage. Try it with Mad Dog though and he has to absorb the damage (although perhaps worth it)! 

• 6 months later...

Beyond the loss of my models and a lovely kidney stone problem that required two surgeries, I live again!

(Cheap laugh at Malifaux Burns' release schedule) Ok, that done, has there been much proxy-play of Tara2 since the last time this thread was posted in? Was curious if anything new was unlocked/discovered for her beyond the 33 bomb from downtown.

There really hasn't been much discussion on any other part of her kit. Though boy there has been a lot of discussion about that one part of her kit (and how to nerf it).

Maybe once they do there'll be some exploration of what else she can do? Currently the best role she plays for me is being such a bogeyman that my opponents inevitably tech for her, so when I reveal Tara1 I get to run off and score points ignoring whatever anti-kidnap tech they invested half their points into.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

The end goes on the bottom of her fist.  I can't remember if there's a tiny indent there or not, but it's not obvious either way.  If you're talking about the piece I was having trouble with, the extended pieces that swoop out of that go into creases along the forearm of her sleeve, which wound up being far more help to me than anything about the bottom of the fist.

Edit:  Looking at the build instructions, I can't make my memory of how she fit match what I'm looking at.  She does have another arm, right?  I may not actually be the most reliable voice to listen to here.  

OH.  Is this one where the render is swapped?  I'm so confused.  I'll dig her out later if I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...