Von Schill Iron heart and Co.

Korrok

3 hours ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

Soldnerkapitan just says "Attack Action" and not "Attack Action duels". Wouldn't all negatives also apply to the Attack Action's damage flip as well? Seems a bit powerful, but I don't see a reason as to why it would be limited to only the duels since the damage flip is part of an Attack Action and the effects mentioned above do explicitly state they affect the duel only.

From memory, there's a lot of existing stuff in the game that refers to modifiers for attack actions and just means for the duel.

3 hours ago, touchdown said:

With scouts, friendly fire and concealment aren't usually much trouble for freikorps. Why I'm looking for another angle

If the interpretation that VonSchill let's models ignore :-flip on damage, scouts are going to be even better. Being able to always cheat damage with is going to be nuts. 

New VonSchill has a 24" melee threat range. With From the Shadows and a 14" range you should bee able to absolutely murder some stuff turn one.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If the interpretation that VonSchill let's models ignore :-flip on damage, scouts are going to be even better. Being able to always cheat damage with is going to be nuts. 

New VonSchill has a 24" melee threat range. With From the Shadows and a 14" range you should bee able to absolutely murder some stuff turn one.

I don't think it ignores negatives to damage. It does ignore things like "don't bite the hand" in honeypot or Intimidating Authority in Elite, as well as the negatives from Manipulative. So that's super good. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I’ve Got Your Back will be an important ability to consider when an opponent declares Von Schill. Strong if Soldnerkapitan affects only the duel, and near mandatory if it is all flips.

1 hour ago, admiralvorkraft said:

I don't think it ignores negatives to damage. It does ignore things like "don't bite the hand" in honeypot or Intimidating Authority in Elite, as well as the negatives from Manipulative. So that's super good. 

Yeah. I think that would take the ability fun strong to absurd.n

I think I would want to see a faq ruling before I felt comfortable paying that way. Ignoring :-flip:-flipto damage flips is pretty huge.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Azahul said:

Yeah looking at similar abilities in the game I can't imagine it could possibly apply to damage as well. Which is very fair, but does still leave me looking for something to like about Iron Heart...

There's plenty to like about Iron Heart. He isn't better than OG, but you should like (in this order):

a) Foul Mouthed motivation - is really like a 3 AP action. It gives focused to Arik or Hannah probably, it heals them, and it attaches an upgrade (like rocket boots) from which you can immediately leap due to Instinctual (or charge with a + to damage which is the part of focused we love most). That's economy right there. 

b) Marker removal - it's becoming important 

c) Ruthless - great in certain matchups 

d) Heavy Claws - it's a 2" 3/4/6 that you're going to spend all of your high crows and several stones to get the adaptive armor trigger. It wouldn't be too crazy to see him with a few (maybe even all 5) upgrades attached in round 3. 

e) Pass Off - more economy by handing out those upgrades (and shielded) without burning AP

He sure isn't the schemer OG is though. OG can score a lot of points by himself while Arik and Hannah are kicking ass. 

11 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh god, charge through + focus.

You can get straights through hard to wound or soulstones. It is how I 2-shot people with cojo. Hannah should easily be able to guarantee max damage...

Normal Schill already gives out Focus pretty easily. Focused charge through Hannah attacks aren't uncommon to begin with :)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Trample said:

Heavy Claws - it's a 2" 3/4/6 that you're going to spend all of your high crows and several stones to get the adaptive armor trigger. It wouldn't be too crazy to see him with a few (maybe even all 5) upgrades attached in round 3. 

Sweeping Strike is a pretty good trigger too. With leap and Bulldoze your going to have like 12" of model and terrain ignoring movement a turn. Pretty good for getting attacks on almost anything you opponent has left bunched up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something that Iron-heart (& OG Schtook & Lynch) have going for him is Seen It All to never get Stunned. I mean Kapitan Schill can do it with Shrug Off, but that costs him his Bonus action and a card, whereas Iron-Heart flat out ignores it. This is especially powerful considering quite a few of the new titles and models can really hand out Stunned.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:07 PM, touchdown said:

If you have Yannick and the Metallurgist, does this combo work?

Yannick does democratic elections, heals X freikorps models, then picks those same models to take 1 damage, which enchanted steel reduces to 0 leaving you with just heals?

Same thing should work with Metallurgist and Drachen Trooper, damage-free Distracted/Slow/Stagger clear.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1