Henchman Hardcore - Archanists

Mappy

Not sure if the restriction was in M2E, but December Acolytes can't interact T1 if you deploy with From the Shadows. With no defensive tech, they are quite prone to dying without having dropped their bomb if deployed aggressively. December can still do well in HH due to Snowstorm's movement tricks, but Acolytes certainly no longer make the chopping block.

I think Ice Dancers work better for HH. They are really useful for repositioning Ice Pillars so that the Silent one doesn't have to shoot at units with cover all game long (has to do with rules for cover only checking LoS lines between models, and not using the LoS lines for the action itself... I think). Dancers also are harder to kill/tie down due to Butterfly Jump and Ice Path. The saved points also lets you place an upgrade on Silent One, 4->5 cards in hand is a much bigger impact than 6->7 cards in hand.

Ice Golem is a workhorse for HH in Snowstorm as well, 12" of movement on the lug prior to activation changes a lot. Snow, Golem and 2x Gamin takes full advantage of the movement trick Snowstorm has. Gamin are able to accomplish quite a bit with the extra movement and an Ice Golem in the opponents face T1. I stick Soulstone cache on Ice Golem since it helps deny Vendetta and Golem usually picks up a couple kills for some extra soulstones. This is my go to for Snowstorm HH. I've tried the Silent & 2xDancer list above once, and found it has a little too much trouble with Vendetta/Assassinate for my taste. I could see it being a good counter option if they pick a Leader that looks max strat VP and focus on denying your VP.

I've not played the other arcanist crews in HH, so I can't speak to anything else.

2 hours ago, Mappy said:

I've never played a single game of 3E so I am likely to get crushed but what what crew would you bring?

My 2E go to was Snowstorm, December Acolytes, and a silent one. Is this list still viable? I have most arcainists, and some guild.

Most people don't really rate acolytes... At all really, but he could be pretty alright in HH, that list probably wants atleast another model though, maybe another silent one? And you probably want magical training on a minion

1 hour ago, Mappy said:

Tell me more..

Snow storm can drop it's shockwave marker to move the entire crew 3", so he can start T1 with a 6" crew-wide movement. Snowy's Bonus Action, a 6" push, only affects other models w/ Frozen Heart, which in HH consist only of Ice Golem and Gamin. Generally I hit Golem with it T1, then use it to shove the Gamin as needed in following turns. If Gamin are killed, you can use Snowstorm to reposition Golem to the Ice marker to smash face or heal.