Nexus, one of many and Cavatica

Korrok

8 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

for me it's just one. I can argue with the wording but if the model is Replaced by a E&E... he's not on table anymore and can't be replaced. ^^

See bellow

I tested this version twice (but did a mistake on rules second time).

Strengths.
A large number of actions (3 per master and 2 per totem that's 13).
A defense that can do damage especially if the attacker already has a parasite.
Several ways to heal yourself.
Good mobility of the crew.

Weaknesses
No WAL
No defense on Wp, Mv and Sz (especially).
The main Df mechanism doesn't work if you can't use Df trigger (masked agent for example)
Few Wounds. So a heavy hitter can kill one in one activation

Note sure if advancing a Nexus alone is a good idea or not but it can be a good scheme runner with Treasure Map. Anyway, there is much less E&E which makes Meredith less useful. I think risking a parasite can be a deterrent but I think there are ways to get past it... attacking on WP (quite effective on some of the Cadmus crew by the way), doing blasts or shockwaves (especially on the Mv in the case of Nexus 2) for example.

I need to test more.

One thing to try with Meredith is a single Eyes and Ears hired to grow into a husk, and then use Meredith for quarantine spam to protect your Nexus models against melee attacks. With the initial army of so many Nexus + Nest, I don't feel like you need to jump through any hoops to get extra models with Meredith (nor do you really need Flush with Cash it seems).

Also I find a Nexus + nest combo on each flank gives quite a bit of scheming power. (although really nexus can basically be in the centre supporting the nest on the flank - 12 inch range).

And don't forget you can stone defensively with Nexus, so it can be difficult to kill one in a single activation between positioning, emissary, stones, parasites, and df trigger. Just get those parasite tokens out as a top priority!

With Nexus2 you have less web markers. You have to spent action of archivist of creeper. Why not but i'm not a big. Even the doctor order Is less useful with all MV tricks of Nexus2.

For all protection, you're right but the emissary will protect the three only of you play in bubble. Sometimes it's ok. Sometimes nope. ^^ but I really like this model sooooooo.....

12 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

With Nexus2 you have less web markers. You have to spent action of archivist of creeper. Why not but i'm not a big. Even the doctor order Is less useful with all MV tricks of Nexus2.

Yeah, I don't think she is mandatory, but I didn't mind using one archivist action to draw a card and make a nest.

12 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

For all protection, you're right but the emissary will protect the three only of you play in bubble. Sometimes it's ok. Sometimes nope. ^^ but I really like this model sooooooo.....

Mostly you can keep them safe with positioning. Emissary just creates another safe position.

That said, there's 3 of them. They're largely expendable. I even body-blocked with one just to block a lodestone carrier. I didn't care if he killed my master. She was there to body block.