Lucius, Dishonorable

LightningJuice

1 minute ago, Adran said:

And the model looks like Dashel to me, but Lucius is also 6 letters...

Yeah.. I’d guess that’s a Sergeant in the image.

But the single 6 characters as a name, one big question mark and then 3 other black question marks does feel like a Lucius/Nexus combo.

Either way, I’d be super happy with another Guild reveal!

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ThreeBatts said:

It makes sense, I'm just wondering what story reasons lead to him covering up less.

Blood is very hard to clean out of a good pair of gloves. 

And if you're being dishonourable then you don't need the ability to issue a duel, so less call for gloves (at least until Malifaux learns to fingerprint...)

• Agree 1

@admiralvorkraft Lucius1 has a much stronger Gunline and works better with OOK models. Plus arcane reservoir and subterfuge are two really strong abilities.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but Lucius2 does have secret passage changelings, which I'll have to do, just for the gimmick. 

What I like most about Lucius2 though, is that he finally enables investigators. I've had a hard time justifying them on the table. 

1 hour ago, Angelshard said:

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but Lucius2 does have secret passage changelings, which I'll have to do, just for the gimmick. 

Secret Passage Changelings work best T1 and then it becomes a problem. This Lucius also has less card draw, 6 cards and no "discard enemy severe so that they can draw better severe" :D

27 minutes ago, trikk said:

Secret Passage Changelings work best T1 and then it becomes a problem. This Lucius also has less card draw, 6 cards and no "discard enemy severe so that they can draw better severe" :D

To be honest, I don't think I'm going to use changelings with lucius2.

Misinformation should read "discard up to two cards and then the target draws a severe and something else." 

• Agree 1

I really like this Lucius.  His free Scheme Marker every turn suddenly makes False Witnesses (or any model with False Claim) much better, and the Condition-based damage reduction allows him to get up close and personal while he's doing his murder.  Cavatica supports this by being really effective at handing out Injured and Staggered.

And Newcius still has a pseudo-Obey as his bonus action, so you can still trigger all teh out-of-activation card draw nonsense that his original version used to do.

Overall, I think he's a much easier Lucius for a newer player to pick up, still very strong, but doesn't automatically replace the original.  Which is exactly what was needed.  The reason I've put off trying out Lucius is because of the potential complexity.  I don't have that concern with the new Title.  Looking forward to it, in fact!

I think the biggest advantage that 2cius has over 1cius is being a decent threat. Just having a big beaty model to back up your somewhat fragile crew makes them so much harder to dive.

Every Lucius player should make sure to pick up Klaus and Changelings now, Klaus is kind of obscene and you only really need one changeling to copy his tactical with "Just like you!" and then you can use mimic to dupe it as required.