Euripedes, Old One Eye

Thatguy

12 hours ago, Roadhouse said:

Used Meatfist for the first time earlier today, he is insane. Hepatomancy is absurdly powerful, you basically force your opponent to cheat their first attack against any given model, and with Inhuman Reflexes that can mean only 1 attack. His built in trigger on the gun is also nuts, touching support staff way in the back is so absurd, I killed Shojo and a Tanuki T1.

Kaltgeist are the real deal. There is so much value in these 5ss bois. 3" pushes and counting as a Pillar for Frozen vigor is really, really good, but combine their bonus with Hepatomancy for some serious offensive deck manipulation.

I really didn't like Eur1 despite how cool he looks, but Meatfist is so good it makes me want to learn the play patterns for 1. This title is giving Newkima some serious competition for my favorite, definitely need more games with him.

He looks like he'll be a lot of fun. How did you find his healing? Is it ok to drop Serena now?

And what are you cutting to fit in Kaltgeists? They definitely seem worth it, but I think I'd want at least 2 so that they can both target each other for Icy Winds, but that's 10 points in a crew with pretty costly models. What lineup did you run?

@Mindbadger His healing is great, but somewhat limited. You have to drop your pillar in the middle of a bunch of markers, and then it pulses out 4". I'll need more games to be sure, but it seems like you're only going to be able to hit 1-2 models with this, depending on how important removing the other markers is. There is also the Avalanche heal. I didn't have an opportunity to use that in my game but it could come in clutch sometimes, although it can realistically only probably heal a model 1-2 points. At least in Old One-Eye, I think Serena is costing you some of the in keyword synergy so I think you can probably drop her.

I was in Symbols, and I ran 2 cyclops with ancient pacts, Thoon, The Damned, and 2 Gigants. I think you can definitely cut a cyclops or even just the upgrades for a kaldgheist. I think Euripides is somewhat flexible in hiring. The Damned is almost always hired for me, and Thoon is somewhat situational based on your opponent. After that I hire a mix of minions depending on if I need mobility, beefiness, or utility. If i was to modify what I brought, I'd bring Thoon, Damned, Cyclops w/ ancient pact, Kaldgheist, and 2 gigants (I like lots of stones). I don't think you necessarily need to bring 2, but I haven't actually played them yet.

Well, you aren't really using much of Euri's AP to get the healing, you'll be making ice pillars as a bonus action and then healing off of that (depending on marker and model placement but should happen fairly often), his melee can himself, but you would be doing the action mainly to punch someone. Avalanche's healing trigger is similar, your prime focus is the actual action, the healing trigger is icing on top.  The healing is pretty much tacked on to his actions which you would be doing anyway, unless you're planning on using his gun 3 times (not exactly a bad option!).

I doubt he's going to be putting out as much healing as Serena, all his healing options are a little situational, but I'm just wondering if it's enough. If your guys have enough health to function, that's generally fine, they don't need to be topped off. Hard to kill on most of the Savage models makes a small amount of healing go a long way.

That’s very true! Typically I run 1-2 geryon with upgrades to soak damage and they heal themselves, so I’d imagine you’re just healing up your scheme runners, I suspect that would be enough usually. The need to heal isn’t as urgent since you have so much control over what your opponent is flipping

one thing about the heal, is that it heal any savage at 4¨ of any dropped ice pilar, so those pilar created by the trigger when removing markers will also create a healing aura, increasing considerably the range of the heal.

any model that is 5¨away of a marker will get healed if you place the initial ie pilar 2¨away o the marker ( 5¨because you can place the new pilar a 30mm base closer).

In the ideal situation (and ounting only 3mm makers) the heal could have  a efective radius of  2¨ + marker base( 30mm) + new pilar base ( 30mm) + 4¨ = 7.6¨ thats really big 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Raising said:

will absolute zero generate a ice pilar from a strategy marker?  I think it does since you can target those markers to be removed anyway. is just that it doesnt happen

I can't remember if the last errata changed it but you couldn't target or choose strategy markers unless the ability specifically said you could.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Raising said:

will absolute zero generate a ice pilar from a strategy marker?  I think it does since you can target those markers to be removed anyway. is just that it doesnt happen

From the core rules

Strategy Markers cannot be affected by the effects of models (such as moving, removing, or targeting) except by those effects which are specifically called out in the Strategy.

The 'such as' makes it clear moving / removing / targeting aren't the only actions so I say no as euripideas action is a models effect.

• Thanks 1

cyclops also are enhanced by hepatomancy. incresse greatly the chance for not using a card from hand for a pilar and for the second pilar you old ways and recover the used token.

also keeping them close to kaldweist means instant healing that damage and. add the pushes from them. leaving no need for a walk and just pilar spam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...