Ulix is so hot right now

GrumpyGrandpa

I usually take wild boars for their speed, but they don't have much survivability. they start with about 6 health so, growing up a wild boar, into a warpig, can be useful, especially with Ulix's bonus action that will let all pigs within 6 heal 2. I have a lot of problems playing ulix against guild and ressers. so from what I remember new Title Ulix has/ can give nearby pigs extra mobility, which can be very useful when running around and scheming, or charging a gunline when you need to. I'm by no means an expert, and am getting back into these forums for the first time in over a year. happy gaming everyone!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Maybe we can use "grow" instead of "upgrade" for this kind of effect? After all, it's already an established shortcut for Nekima.

Cause I got confused even AFTER it was explained. :)

My opinion probably isn't valid after the faux pas that caused this issue (I really should not take short cuts when posting, I know this, but sometimes I really can't wait to express my opinion, or more likely I get distracted before I re-read what I've type and corrected to remove confusing terms), but Grow already has 2 different meanings in Malifaux (or rather there are 2 different ways to use grow tokens). In addition to the Nephlim use of grow tokens to change form, Botanists use grow tokens to increase their stats. Which is a shame, because grow harks back to first edition Nephilim, but its hard to tell someone they are wrong when they say they are going to grow their Botanist by having a grim feast...

• 1 month later...

Had few games with Ulix2 now. My biggest hot take is: Don't use him as a melee beater.

Don't get me wrong, his melee is very impressive, but not his defense. He can heal a lot with Old Major's and Bo Peep's aura, but he will also take a lot damage as return. Try to keep distance from opponent's main beater, and commit him only for good chance and big reward lately in the game.

Luckily his range is just as good as, if not better than, his melee. It basically ditch a hand from opponent since most don't like Adversary on their models. And if they somehow let you put out the Adversary, it is a big boost to survivability of you Pigs. I like to activate him early to shoot 3 times, just to pressure on opponent's hand.

And regarding Bacon Beeline, pushing a Piglet to do 2 damage + 1 burning on an enemy or two is good enough as a bonus action, the growing part is just the icing on the cake. I mean you should definitely stone for it if you see a chance, but it is not something you should spend multiple hands and stones to accomplish. It is a tool to help you achieve the goal, but not the goal itself.

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Lertuga said:

I would like to start Malifaux precisely with Ulix. I saw this thread and was wondering if Ulix will change. From my understanding this new Ulix will be released in the near future but should I buy the standard Ulix or just wait?

You should buy the crew box as it has models you will want ( like the totem Penelope). Both that ulix and the malifaux burns ulix are choices to play in the game, so you can switch between the two in different games. 

Malifaux isn't really a game where you buy a fixed list, and only play exactly the same list each time, but rather you want a few options to customize your list for the specific game.