Waldo's Weekly - Malifaux Burns

Kyle

I really like the new artworks on the video (Parker.... 🤩). But... you really don't want to show more Bayou profiles? XDDDD

It's not my faction but only one master revealed... and it's a double faction. ^^ 

(edit; there is only one guild  and outcasts revealed to, but it's not double faction :p)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

By the way, on the "upcoming" page, it shows a few boxes, like the dreamer/asami/ladi yume box.

But it also shows a pair of master titles we didn't see yet :

- Nexus, one of many (3) (3 little parasited kids as a master, looks fun). It am very curious to see how this "triple master models" work

- Lucious, dishonorable (looks like an assassin)

- Cavatica (dandy looking guy with skull face)

WYR23928-BestKeptSecrets_BACK.thumb.png.4be88f5df40b949cf664e90797f4712d.png

• Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Unless I'm missing it (entirely possible - didn't have coffee yet) Kaeris's card doesn't define what a Pyre marker is though it references it several times. I mean, by now we all know what they are but I still think they should be defined in the card since they aren't part of the core rules.

Defined in the Wreathed in Ash trigger under the Call to the Burning Man action.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ThreeBatts said:

I'm really hoping the upcoming models aren't preassembled.

I had too many issues with woobly plastics.

Speaking of, has there been any word on any changes in the material for the new TOS Starter? I'm really hoping they're made of something sterner than the Cult of the Burning Man boxes I picked up...

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The story turn totally took me unawares, and I also love the concept of giving alt Master options while reducing production costs (so far I've found people I can split the boxes that were spoiled with).
One thing that I noticed is that most of the Masters influenced by TBM are figures the faction's single representor in a specific role (some STORY SPOILDER ahead):

Guild: Nellie is the voice of the Guild that are already in a big of a tight spot, trying to fight on several fronts, quell public unrest and continue sending SS back to Earth. If the Voice of Law goes cray-cray, that's very bad news. Guards and Bureaucrats alike might be cut off from the rest of the populace, having to hide behind closed doors, leaving the streets open for all sorts of shady prowlers.
Arcanists: The Union is already fractured by Tony's decision, and Kaeris has always been a ticking time bomb, ready to explode. Who knows what and who is going to get burned to a crisp? I'm pretty sure she doesn't.
Ressers: As @aquenaton already said, Reva was a beacon of hope, as well as a terribly good case in favor of inclusivity. Flaring that beacon up to eleven might be one of the saddest things that could happen in Malifaux. I know that terrible things have happened to all sorts of people, including children, but even if it was cruel, or unfair, that was just fate. Reva on the other hand has people (and not only) counting on her. I might not like her playstyle or crew that much, but storywise she is amazing imo. Should she betray expectations and wrecks her followers' newfound home I'm really going to be sad.
Euripides: I don't really know anything about the story of Old One-Eye, but maybe the Keeper of the Old Ways embracing some new embers might prove the Age of Neverborn is truly finished.
Outcasts: Unlike the other Masters in the list so far, Barrows is a surprise addition to me just like Euripides. I don't know much about his personality and motivations, but the art and title are badass as all hell and it really gets me stoked for what's in store for him.
Bayou: I would not expect Ulix to be the one affected, but rather Som'er. Ulix is portrayed as the cunning uncle everybody wants to stay in good graces with. Maybe plotting alone with his pigs all this time got to him and just had to BURST out of him? In the vignette he already was preparing for stuff to come, so on second thought he could've been unhinged (more than usual for a gremlin) all along. Now that he is sponsoring the newest Bayou Bash, it's Pig Smash time!
Ten Thunders: Misaki, the de-facto current leader, earned the position after cutting down her father and his supporters. After she tried to strongarm some small-time thugs, she discovered there was more to being a leader as well the alarming fact there is more under the surface of the Small Kingdom. With Youko pointing her in the Honeypot's direction, things could get VERY heated for the faction again; especially seeing as at least half of the Masters are out there doing their own thing.
Explorers: Maxine was directly introduced in the vignette as having a spark of madness after using a TBM style portal to get to Malifaux. And while her being one of the 8 comes as no surprise, the actual, very pleasant surprise is that this hint was actually a valid plot point that was soon to be explored!! More importantly, she is the techno-geek of the club and the one the rest might be relying on for their best equipment. Imagine hunting vicious prey and your gun exploding; or diving underwater and a maniac shutting you off to drown; or digging deep into tombs in the depths of the earth and... You get the point.

Overall, I'm quite excited for the story and new stuff to come.

• Like 1