The new Zoraida

Math Mathonwy

It got menetioned in the Neverborn thread on page 2. 

As far as I can tell it works, but its not as powerful as you would think, as there aren't too many general actions you want Zoiraida to do twice in a row. Walk is probably the best (Assist is rarely nice twice, disengage is harder to achieve than 2 walks, but sometimes might be useful, Interact is rarely usable twice, and concentrate is OPA)  but a fast moving Zoraida is not a new thing to her (especially for all those that remember her raven form from the previous 2 editions). 

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Witch's Brew - who do you think benefits from it the most? @Scofferalready mentioned McTavish and I feel that he really, really benefits from stat boosts - could he see actual play with Z2? Another model that comes to mind as someone who might get to see more play with Stat boosts is Stumpy from the new Starter box. Df 7 makes her actually tanky and she really benefits from the extra Mv and Stat 7 Attack on a Charge is pretty fine. Anyone else that could get a new lease on life through the Brew?

Another question I had is who do you envision using for Marker generation for Lost Knowledge? Mech Pork drops "free" Scrap but I feel that Z2 really wants Swampfiends as much as possible. Especially if using the Kurgan. I suppose Waldgeists can drop Underbrushes but that doesn't seem superb. Anyone else?

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Witch's Brew - who do you think benefits from it the most? @Scofferalready mentioned McTavish and I feel that he really, really benefits from stat boosts - could he see actual play with Z2? Another model that comes to mind as someone who might get to see more play with Stat boosts is Stumpy from the new Starter box. Df 7 makes her actually tanky and she really benefits from the extra Mv and Stat 7 Attack on a Charge is pretty fine. Anyone else that could get a new lease on life through the Brew?

Another question I had is who do you envision using for Marker generation for Lost Knowledge? Mech Pork drops "free" Scrap but I feel that Z2 really wants Swampfiends as much as possible. Especially if using the Kurgan. I suppose Waldgeists can drop Underbrushes but that doesn't seem superb. Anyone else?

Bayou gators are pretty fantastic with it!

15 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Bayou gators are pretty fantastic with it!

Gators without a doubt are solid for their cost. But given that Zoraida can only cast Witch's Brew at most twice a turn, it makes more sense to me to cast on high cost models.

First Mate comes to mind first. He is already good enough by default, boosting his stat can only make him better. Adze can be situationally useful with Mv 8 as well.

Just beware the +1 Sz can make the model more harsh to hide.

3 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Gators without a doubt are solid for their cost. But given that Zoraida can only cast Witch's Brew at most twice a turn, it makes more sense to me to cast on high cost models.

First Mate comes to mind first. He is already good enough by default, boosting his stat can only make him better. Adze can be situationally useful with Mv 8 as well.

Just beware the +1 Sz can make the model more harsh to hide.

I've only been against her once, but seemed like the good models like first mate are more likely to want to run around being independent, while the gators didn't mind hanging out with Zoraida.

Adze seems neat as well, but can also do its job perfectly well without it I imagine. Depends how much you want the melee to hit.

Wisps seem like they'd be great at +1 stat as well...

I agree that the best targets are something that tag along with Zoraida and that don't mind the Sz increase and where the stats really make an impact on what they are trying to accomplish. I feel that McTavish and Stumpy fit the bill but yeah, Gators are also good candidates because they get to use their stats a lot with Flurry. OTOH discarding cards isn't necessarily something Z2 wants more of into her crew so there's that to consider as well.

Wisps I'm not sure about - even with +1 to Df and Wp they are still super squishy and Z2 is less likely to Summon the Voodoo Doll so Wisps don't seem all that potent for her. Getting a +1 to their Lure is naturally nice and if they manage to survive long enough to strike an enemy in melee that's probably nice as well but I dunno.

One possible use is to enable the use of a card for a given Simple Duel if you have the correct suit in hand but the card is one too small. Might be especially pertinent with Bokors and Spawn Mother, for example. The latter of which isn't a bad target for the Brew, either, btw. She can hit pretty hard and is already plenty big (and has Stealth).

The +1 Sz can also be used to sometimes surprise opposing models who were hiding behind Sz2 terrain by allowing McTavish or an Adze to see them. Oh, and McTavish loves extra Walk and Concentrate Actions as well, so I guess he might have some legit play with Z2. Amazing!

You can also get a Sz 6 Grootslang if you give it the Ghillie Suit Upgrade as well! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Only got the one game with Z2 so far and seems she is very flexible and able to do a lot of things. Found it awkward to play with the Bokor in her list though. The potential stat 6 obey can be clutch and it was indeed useful but I had several issues with not wanting to use the Deja Vu trigger (because I had too many high cards on hand after Z2 had gone and done some hand sculpting). Anyone found a use for the Bokor with Z2? Might be worth it to pay 6 SS for the heal without the crow trigger and the obey but I'm not so sure.

• Like 1