Nekima, broodmother and the noxious nephilim.

Korrok

One major thing worth noting with this nekima is the scheme markers as well.

Like previously I don't think you were necessarily thinking spread them out for a nekima pool, but now seems super doable?

Also very doable to summon a terror tot turn 1 and grow it, although I think that is probably a bit slow for how nephilim would like to play. Nonetheless, I wonder if there is a slower, control style play that this opens up with her!

The interacting while engaged also seems pretty good, and is more reliable than the ol' shove aside method.

So it is interesting to see this scheme-y take!

I'm really looking forwards to trying this version on the table. Looks like she will have an entirely different playstyle (or playstyles) than the original Nekima.

Atleast my tots will find their way to the table now. And maybe even Lelu and Lilitu, but I'm not sure she does enough for the hounds.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

So for Vital Strike, the "Another friendly Nephilim" is other than the target meaning that Nekima herself (for example) can heal from the attack, right?

Based on pt. 23 in the FAQ "another" implies in this case "other that the target", so I would say yes, Nekima herself would be a legal target.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vital Strike can't heal Nekima. There is no noun prior to "Another friendly" which means  it has to be "models other than the model that is resolving the text". Thats from the latter part of the FAQ answer.

I've played 3 Newkima games so far and I think she is dope. Plopping a terror tots into melee with a model thats 14" away is really disruptive. The crew is capable of putting out a ton of unresisted too. Nox has been... alright. His "draw" is actually cycling and when you're down to 2 severes in hand then you just don't use it.

Newkima (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Nekima
Totem(s):
  Blood Hunter
Hires:
  Black Blood Shaman
  Black Blood Shaman 2
  Mature Nephilim
  Mature Nephilim 2
  Terror Tot
  Noxious Nephilim

Every time I've grown a terror tot, they've become a Young, but there is alot of potential utility in Lilitu that I hadn't considered until this morning. Though I used the Young for scheming, which a Lilitu isn't good for.

I think there are alot of angles she can take and is good into everything but CLL, cus no flying for the ball carrier.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

I've only had one game with her so far, and I felt I didn't have enough card draw to make any good use of the recycle mechanic. I kinda want to try her with Lelu and Lilitu, but I'm having trouble fitting them in.

A Changeling with AP will draw one at the end of its activation and if you Dark Bargain it you draw 1 from Following Orders. I also tried Lilitu w/ AP with Noxious while having the AP Changeling so that was another card I was drawing. Felt pretty good overall

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roadhouse said:

A Changeling with AP will draw one at the end of its activation and if you Dark Bargain it you draw 1 from Following Orders. I also tried Lilitu w/ AP with Noxious while having the AP Changeling so that was another card I was drawing. Felt pretty good overall

And you didn't feel you were loosing out on damage potential/speed? Might try it out sometime.