First impressions of the new Molly

59 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You can say that about a lot of model though. :) 

I agree wholeheartedly that Nox just doesn't seem all there. He's missing something to make him worth the cost. I still want to try him out more though. Rancid Smell might mean he takes a couple of hits instead of other potentially more important models. Flight has some advantages, but Archie has Leap.... Maybe there's more play with Bring It than I expect, but I don't see it. 

I love Bring It on Barbaros, the negative flip pairs well with Armor, Black Blood, and Cage Fighter. Bring It on Nox is not in the same league, a second negative on Nox is a little redundant and the card filter is not enough to make it outstanding on opposing models. Likely best use is for min 1 dmg friendly models.

• Agree 1

Thought of another play with Nox to move Terrors around 15”. Terror charges (5”), attacks declaring Coming with Me (4-5” to opposite side), and Terror resolves Last memory to discard and draw (5”). If near Molly2 at start of Activation, that’s 20” for 1 AP. Prob a bit better than using bring it for movement in most circumstances, Lodestone carrying Terror being one of the exceptions.

Just played against @Kharnagerunning new Molly, and it was great. His playstyle suits her much better, so he did some serious work.

He treated it like an AP-tax crew. So of course Philip and the Nanny did tremendous work against my wp 4-5 Redchapel crew. He also ran the Forgotten Marshal and drowned me in summons (which was funny as I also had summons but did not leverage them nearly as effectively xD)

Molly got tons of value out of discarding and repositioning Night Terrors. That was probably the highlight of the crew. He was quite happy to use them offensively. He also got really good mileage out of parading models, forcing TN tests.

So I think if you treat her as an AP tax/hand tax crew, she gets a lot stronger. So Forgotten Marshal & Philip work super well. He got 3-4 summons with the Marshal, which was serious value. He did use the Whisper with it which helped I think. Worth the investment for sure.

Archie died pretty quick, but did take 3-4 activations for me to accomplish (and forced me to cheat initiative turn 2 and drain my hand, leaving me really vulnerable for the rest of the turn). EDIT: Oh, and Archie killed 2 models before dying which was huge.

• Like 4

Just thought I'd c/p from elsewhere

You 100% have reasons to run this title over her original, and that is mostly in part to the Noxious Nephilim.
>generate corpse with Noxious
>elect Molly to take Last Memory damage and discard
>discard triggers Molly's fading ability
>any Forgotten with line of sight can then resolve their fading ability
You're exchanging a shitty card and 1 damage for a potential focused, heal, better card, push, a corpse marker and scheme marker removal from a single bonus action. Taking Philip makes this even better since he can act as a second Molly and cause more fading abilities to trigger.

You can also Leading Baton someone like Archie, stone for crow and relent to get Deja Vu, triggering your fading, in turn triggering Archie to heal back the damage he took and push and for Molly to draw two cards.
Parade Route turns any model into a potential cruise missile as well as a schemer, with push 5" allowing you to go THROUGH most terrain to beat the shit out of something.
Positive Reinforcement saves AP on units that want to beat the shit out of something and also makes your beaters stay longer in the scrum while, again, allowing you to draw for cards with Deja Vu. Remember the Lost is even more potential card draw, and at worst a way to potentially luck out when you start running low on cards.

New Molly is looking really promising, and her enforcer even more so. Noxious is going to see use OOK I imagine.

That tech means you're holding the main beatstick as a bodyguard for Molly, which feels like a waste given that you're probably running her in spread'n'scheme pools.

Push 5" and Interact while engaged to drop a marker in a guarded position is absolutely nuts to the point that it would probably still be worthwhile if the trigger also said "target model cannot activate this turn".
That much distance with an Interact through engagement is incredibly powerful late game.

This is a good point. Holding Archie back to bodyguard is probably okay since he's got leap to break off and do something if he needs to.

The Noxious Neph is kinda slow without support. And I don't think you need to get the extra card draw. She's got Deja Vu triggers and Remember the Lost for card draw.

Speaking of Remember the Lost it seems pretty great. It's basically Bayou Two Card but way better, especially post Somer Nerf. I could see using three Punk zombies and three Crooligans to get the most of it.

Do as thou wilt.

• 1 month later...

Played another game of Molly 2 tonight.

She is a lot more 'active' than Molly since all her value is provided passively or through triggers.

Night terrors are getting better and better as I unlock them (especially the mask trigger on their attack xD).

I'm starting to unlock the power of the interact options. In one turn I think I claimed three turf war markers to secure a point for example. She can just have so much board presence for interacting.

If I actually put in the reps she seems very powerful. Not sure if she outstrips Molly 1 too often, but she may. Especially in GG2 xD

Oh, and Forgotten Marshal with Whisper is so much more worthwhile with the crew. He can provide extra card draw himself, and the summons can provide more card draw, and the summons are stronger with Molly's auras and passive effects.

So rate him much higher than in the original crew.

Rabble risers seem pretty good still, but so far they tend to die... But have been getting some work out of them.

Haven't tested rogue necromancy, and not sure about Philip... I think Philip is probably niche. A tech pick for certain situations.

Double night terror + Archie + crooligan + forgotten marshal with whisper seems like a solid base though...

• Like 1

Played another game (double night terror, archie, crooligan, forgotten marshal, manos, two whispers, 6 stones).

Hot diggity damn, I was drawing like 10 cards a turn on some turns xD You can be really clever about it too - for instance, after the whisper I saw a 4/5/7 with forgotten Marshal, so I shot my own model (marshal flipped 4, defending model flipped 5 and cheated off the top for a 7 - won the duel by 2 and drew a card).

This in turn ensures a constant flow of models from Forgotten Marshal (I summoned 5 models that game). Which in turn gives more card draw, and so much AP to work with. The 'don't mind me' effect is also amazing, since my opponent just couldn't guard the markers from me stealing them with the rams trigger.

Manos is a great addition to the team. He's just SO much better than Philip and the Nanny in 95% of situations I think.

I had 6 stones which doesn't feel like enough to overcome the night terror issue, but I was just working around it and making other models interact.

• Like 1

Played Molly 2 into Dashel 1, and got stomped.

I definitely made some mistakes, but the pressure was such that I didn't feel like I could summon with Forgotten Marshal... Which sort of negates his point as a model. So competitive play may convince me he is bad again, but we will see xD

But if i can get those summons off, it is so much extra card draw/ap/etc... Don't feel like the crew works without him.

More testing is merited too. It is possible it just wasn't a molly pool. Had standard symbols, and so there wasn't that much space to work with.

EDIT: Oh, and concealing was a massive factor this game. Really shut down the crew, I don't think you can take her into boards with too much concealing.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, unti said:

What list did you bring? ( I have a similar game today and announced Molly =))

So many stones! (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Molly Squidpiddge, Chaotic Conductor
Totem(s):
  Necrotic Machine
Hires:
  Philip and the Nanny
  Archie

The Whisper
  The Forgotten Marshal
    The Whisper
  Night Terror
  Night Terror 2
  Crooligan
References:
  Crooligan
  Night Terror
  Rabble Riser
  Call of Madness

Seemed okay, though lost a lot of steam as I got killed off the table xD

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

So many stones! (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Molly Squidpiddge, Chaotic Conductor
Totem(s):
  Necrotic Machine
Hires:
  Philip and the Nanny
  Archie

The Whisper
  The Forgotten Marshal
    The Whisper
  Night Terror
  Night Terror 2
  Crooligan
References:
  Crooligan
  Night Terror
  Rabble Riser
  Call of Madness

Seemed okay, though lost a lot of steam as I got killed off the table xD

I was wondering if the Whisper on Molly might be a more cost effective way of dealing with the Night Terror issue :D

6 hours ago, unti said:

Is it really worth it to put the forgotten marshal in the list? How many models did you summon?

4, I think. I could have done it on turn 5 but didn't want to.

5 hours ago, Azahul said:

I was wondering if the Whisper on Molly might be a more cost effective way of dealing with the Night Terror issue :D

Yeah could be but she moves through those cards fast xD

Also helps set up deja vu.

I played my second game against new Moly yesterday. Some observations:

- the movement shenanigans is impressive. 

-Baton is great to Reposition you own models and engage your Ennemy. 

- Cheating from the top is random, but when you have nothing to loose, it will generate value.

- Forcing an intract even if engage give you a lot of play (we were playing symbols and it was almost impossible to counter).

She's 100% support, but she does it fine. She's quite fragile though, so you need to relies on protected to keep her alive.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...