Mine:

• Molly w/ Whisper & Necrotic Machine
  • Anna Lovelace
  • Sloth
  • Dead Rider
  • Crooligan
  • Manos
  • 5 stones

I've not got too much experience against hoffman (other than the last time he slaughtered my Kirai), but this list tackled most of the things I was concerned about in this matchup for this pool. It's extremely unusual for me not to hire Archie, but he didn't feel great in this matchup...

His:

• Hoffman & Attendant
  • Steam arachnid swarm + Soulstone cache
  • Hunter + Diesel Engine
  • Hunter + Diesel Engine
  • Mobile Toolkit
  • Mechanical Rider
  • 6 stones

Never seen a list like this before. The Diesel Engines are interesting against ressers, but then I do have a ton of ranged attacks so maybe it works out reasonably well for him xD

I think u need be careful for cats. And mb mb trying to fast kill rider. 

Cuz rider without cash pretty good target ob first turns .

And this is my think, hoff list is kind a weak. I played against 2 cats and was not so good. 

Cats will be fast scoring just run and takes markers .

If u can focus rider on 2 turn to mb it will be easy. 

But I'm not in top 16, so its just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Assdex said:

I think u need be careful for cats. And mb mb trying to fast kill rider. 

Cuz rider without cash pretty good target ob first turns .

And this is my think, hoff list is kind a weak. I played against 2 cats and was not so good. 

Cats will be fast scoring just run and takes markers .

If u can focus rider on 2 turn to mb it will be easy. 

But I'm not in top 16, so its just my opinion.

Yeah, I've identified the rider as something to kill fast, but ironically without Archie it becomes way harder xD Archie is really well suited to hunting riders I think. Still, maybe I'll be able to set something up.

There's not much scoring to be done by scheming, so I think the biggest threat from the cats is that they can throw a model ~9" in a single attack! I gotta be super careful with my activated models because he can run across the table and reposition me however he wants.

20 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, I've identified the rider as something to kill fast, but ironically without Archie it becomes way harder xD Archie is really well suited to hunting riders I think. Still, maybe I'll be able to set something up.

There's not much scoring to be done by scheming, so I think the biggest threat from the cats is that they can throw a model ~9" in a single attack! I gotta be super careful with my activated models because he can run across the table and reposition me however he wants.

Fast rider can steal enemy rider 

2 hours ago, Tris said:

How did it go?

What about the Diesel-Hunters you were sceptical about?

He through the Hunters into my face, which was terribly annoying.

They did a lot of work, and killed 2 models before dying themselves.

They tied me up long enough for mechanical rider to win the game.

So they worked out super well!

Someone pointed out to me that philip and the nanny should have damaged dead rider when I attacked it to make it slow.

I told the world series committee of my rules infraction and they issued me a warning.

Will try to keep on top of my rules better! Top 16 is being held to a high standard, so I'll try to do a bit better with the rules!

It had literally never come up for me before I think, since it is extremely rare you use one more question on yourself xD

Well this is really noble of you, but I think if the mistake was genuine and wasn't catch during the game, it's not a big deal. Even for experienced player there's many situations in malifaux that occurred very rarely and missing something happened.

11 minutes ago, SEV said:

Well this is really noble of you, but I think if the mistake was genuine and wasn't catch during the game, it's not a big deal. Even for experienced player there's many situations in malifaux that occurred very rarely and missing something happened.

That's the agreed setup for the top 16, since it is often difficult to tell the difference between intentional and non-intentional.

Two players have been caught out so far!

7 hours ago, SEV said:

So what you're really saying is Axelst is very lucky 🤣.

No. Just that the requirements to come second in a 4 person round robin event can be low. I've watched enough world cups, European championships and similar in the football world to know that. But it doesn't speak for how hard any given game is, more on how closely matched some players are. ( you can qualify with 2 draws, or you could fail to qualify with 2 wins, depending on the rest of the results, although they both suggest 1 player is at a different level to the other 3.)

The lists!

Mine:

• Molly & machine
  • Dead rider
  • Archie
  • Student of Viscera
  • Student of Steel
  • Student of Steel
  • Crooligan
  • 1 stone

So I pivoted into a Transmortis crew except I took one stone xD

His:

• Hoffman & attendant
  • Mechanical toolkit
  • Mechanical rider w/ diesel engine
  • Melissa kore
  • Peacekeeper w/ diesel engine
  • Howard w/ soulstone cache
  • 2 stones

He also took very few stones! The double diesel engine is potentially annoying, as Molly may struggle to get through the concealing with only one stone.

He is even more elite than I expected. I did consider a manos/yin/Archie/rider list which would actually be okay into his list I think. But let's see how this goes!

• Like 1

Well, I lost!

I didn't have the card to leap for Archie turn 1 despite drawing a bunch, which was very salt inducing... And also he managed to joker-fish me off a leyline with his totem xD

Still, overall I think I was just outplayed and the salt will subside by morning.

So that's the bad news. Good news is I can start testing out the spoiled titles!!

Video of the game will be up tomorrow :)

• Thanks 1

Right, salt has decreased, some thoughts...

• The biggest mistake of the game was accomplicing into Archie instead of Dead Rider. I think that was the moment I threw the game.
  • I mainly wanted the students of steel for tankiness and card draw. Maybe I should have used dead doxies/belles? Being able to have opponents on negatives for willpower is pretty brutal (both with GST of course). EDIT: oh wait, they die in three hits... Awkward... But doxy defensive trigger. yeah, that'd have been a good thing to tinker with in list building.
  • Like 1

I hoped for a sucessful game for you, but you already had a good roll, so don't worry too much.

Testing out the new stuff might not be an equally interesting challenge, but I'm positive it will be fun! The game will change a lot with the new wave imho. 

• Thanks 1