Ressers in the top 16!

We did it, team! We got 3 of us into the top 16, which makes ressers tied for the most represented faction in the finals for the Vassal World Series!

We've got NotSoEmpty, Pergli/PersonalGlitch, and myself!

First we've been split into 4 pods each for the semi-finals. Then the top two of each pod go on to single-elimination top 8! Going to be real intense!

So the rounds for the pods...

Round 1:

• Map - Bidonville
  • Corner - Break the Line
    • Breakthrough, 
    • Outflank, 
    • spread them out, 
    • Vendetta,
    • Catch and release

Round 2:

• Map - Dumping Grounds
  • Standard - Turf War
    • Assassinate, 
    • Death Beds,
    • Hidden Martyrs
    • Detonate charges,
    • Let them Bleed 

Round 3:

• Map - Forest Ruins
  • Wedge - Corrupted Leylines
    • Bait and Switch,
    • Detonate charges, 
    • Breakthrough, 
    • Hidden Martyrs 
    • Outflank

I assume these were randomly generated, because claim jump doesn't appear in any of them which will be a refreshing change of pace!

What is everyone thinking? Thinking we can pull it off?

NotSoEmpty and PersonalGlitch are in Group A with Kharnage (Neverborn) and Olih (Ten Thunders). I'm in Group D with Plaag (Arcanists), Axelst (Outcasts), and Jokerboy (Arcanists).

I'm curious what Arcanists are like after the nerf! I feel much stronger against them now than I did last season, so should be interesting to see!

• Like 1

Lost 2-3!

We had crazy back and forth denial all game, but he managed to pull ahead in turn 5 with just a bit more efficiency and better activation order.

Video coming soon, but the lists were:

• Molly w/ whisper & necrotic machine
  • Dead Rider
  • Manos
  • Archie
  • Philip (vendetta vs talos)
  • Crooligan
  • Crooligan (catch and release)

And him:

• Tara with wanted criminal & Karina
  • Aionus
  • Talos
  • Nothing Beast
  • Scion (vendetta on philip)
  • Void Hunter (Catch and release)

In retrospect it was stupid to not vendetta on the Nothing Beast, as it almost always dies. But I also thought maybe he would manage to bury it for the whole game and keep it safe, so wanted a model that couldn't be buried, so took Talos.

It was unfortunate that Philip was his vendetta target, because it meant that he was going really hard on killing Philip. If Philip hadn't been my vendetta model, I could have played wayyyy safer and kept it back.

Wasn't extremely tense activation control battle every single turn, and was a real showcase of what activation control masters can do. Was a great battle!

• Like 1

Can you elaborate on your Scheme choice. In my eyes Crooligans are the best at C&R, so it can be a little telegraphed but I understand why you played to your strengths. I'm unsure about vendetta though, especially with Phill! Why? Archie ot Manos seems way better to score Vendetta.

I'm looking forward the video. Denials game are fun to watch imo. Axelst is a great technical player, so you really need to outwitt him because you won't have those juicy blunder you can capitalize on to than run away with the game.

1 hour ago, Assdex said:

Moment when u both denied catch was epic. And i think  spread will be easy for u.

Yeah, spread is good but I didn't even have the interacts for the strategy, so getting another 3 for a scheme seemed rough.

54 minutes ago, SEV said:

Can you elaborate on your Scheme choice. In my eyes Crooligans are the best at C&R, so it can be a little telegraphed but I understand why you played to your strengths. I'm unsure about vendetta though, especially with Phill! Why? Archie ot Manos seems way better to score Vendetta.

I'm looking forward the video. Denials game are fun to watch imo. Axelst is a great technical player, so you really need to outwitt him because you won't have those juicy blunder you can capitalize on to than run away with the game.

Archie and manos had jobs to do, so my plan was to reap Talos and then get Philip to hit Talos once.

Sort of... Failed spectacularly to stick to the plan as you'll see 😜

Turns out Archie and Manos lived the whole game and probably could have done vendetta xD

10 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, spread is good but I didn't even have the interacts for the strategy, so getting another 3 for a scheme seemed rough.

Archie and manos had jobs to do, so my plan was to reap Talos and then get Philip to hit Talos once.

Sort of... Failed spectacularly to stick to the plan as you'll see 😜

Turns out Archie and Manos lived the whole game and probably could have done vendetta xD

Philip so easy to kill , not sure but i think better manos vs beast duel.

1 minute ago, Assdex said:

Philip so easy to kill , not sure but i think better manos vs beast duel.

Philip is a lot harder to kill if positioning is done correctly.

Manos has to be in the action to be relevant, but Philip can provide a lot of support on the side.

I positioned very poorly though xD Especially the break the line markers.

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Philip is a lot harder to kill if positioning is done correctly.

Manos has to be in the action to be relevant, but Philip can provide a lot of support on the side.

I positioned very poorly though xD Especially the break the line markers.

8 wd def 4 manipulation. Not a lot of safe i think

45 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Round 2 is against Jokerboy's Hoffman!

Round 2:

• Map - Dumping Grounds
  • Standard - Turf War
    • Assassinate, 
    • Death Beds,
    • Hidden Martyrs
    • Detonate charges,
    • Let them Bleed 

I've declared Molly, and am quite unsure how to build my crew against Hoffman... But I'm sure it'll come to me!

I think u need ignore armour for this and mb emmisary or smth for antiheal.

Mb Anna 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Assdex said:

I think u need ignore armour for this and mb emmisary or smth for antiheal.

Mb Anna 

Yeah, all good options.

Molly can ignore armor, of course. Archie can't do big focused hits which is a problem 😕 Anna and Emissary for anti-heals are both good options I'm considering for sure!

Sloth is another contender since he can heal AND prevent heals.

EDIT: Student of steel is another model I'm considering.

50 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, all good options.

Molly can ignore armor, of course. Archie can't do big focused hits which is a problem 😕 Anna and Emissary for anti-heals are both good options I'm considering for sure!

Sloth is another contender since he can heal AND prevent heals.

EDIT: Student of steel is another model I'm considering.

Not sure about student cuz peacekeeper or goward can easy kill them. I think u need something to fast take dawn small support models. But not a lot of good shooting in ressers 

The lists!

Mine:

• Molly w/ Whisper & Necrotic Machine
  • Anna Lovelace
  • Sloth
  • Dead Rider
  • Crooligan
  • Manos
  • 5 stones

I've not got too much experience against hoffman (other than the last time he slaughtered my Kirai), but this list tackled most of the things I was concerned about in this matchup for this pool. It's extremely unusual for me not to hire Archie, but he didn't feel great in this matchup...

His:

• Hoffman & Attendant
  • Steam arachnid swarm + Soulstone cache
  • Hunter + Diesel Engine
  • Hunter + Diesel Engine
  • Mobile Toolkit
  • Mechanical Rider
  • 6 stones

Never seen a list like this before. The Diesel Engines are interesting against ressers, but then I do have a ton of ranged attacks so maybe it works out reasonably well for him xD