2021 Monthly Painting Challenge - August

Caedrus

Caedrus, reporting in!

Only four miniatures this month, but I spent a bit of time on a few pet projects as well. First, my mages!

qrXgytF.jpg

I wasn't sure about the strong orange with the cooler colours, but it really grew on me! 15SS there.

Secondly, a miniature that I had been wanting to paint for ages, but I was a bit terrified, not the least reason being that I had lost a piece. Here she is, my 11SS Ahab Challenge, the Mechanical Rider!

XOaU5Vi.jpg

The magenta is there to tie into my Colette crew. So, I replaced the trailing chain with a molded pneumatic tube, but I'm still not 100% on it. I might remove it and just go without. It looks a little chunky to my eyes, even now. What do you think?

I still need to be willing to put more contrast into my NMM efforts, and I think I need to push the glow from the plasma a little more as well.

As always, feedback is very welcome.

Stay well everyone, and have a great September!

Caedrus.

• Like 6

Continuing my inability to actually post on time.... I did a few things in August and tries a couple other.

In honor of new J i painted up a bit more necro verson and put it on a 40mm base:

lGGHl2U.jpg

A vernon and welles for a friend:

mLNRJEp.jpg

When I was giving that vernon to the friend, their boyfriend told me to paint a rider for him cause he hates painting, so i tried the white highlighting with contrast paint method everyone links people to lately.

Whitelines:

NH4oSM2.jpg

Finished:
6Liovba.jpg

(is it bad i kind of prefer the white line version).

While I was at it, i was like 'sure i'll paint that rider, but give me back that seamus avatar I painted last year so i can make it a bit more comic'

So seamus from last year:

Sp5uHZ9.jpg

Update with a bit of comic lining:

qCiWwMg.jpg

That one, i think looks better with the finalized version.

So that puts me at 15 + 11 + 8 for 34 stones @Caedrus

• Like 6