Prof. Von Schtook, Stargazer!

38 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Lessons Learned seems like a really strong ability to me. 

Every Transmortis model has a bonus action you can cheat down for :+flipon their other actions that turn. 1-3 value cards seem useful for the crew.

So I played two games with this shtook over the weekend. Honestly I don't feel purposefully losing any duels for the plus flips is worth it. At least from my games it was a nice cherry on top if you did fail something. 

With that said I think this shtook is very solid and very potent. You can move almost any friendly keyword model 8-10 inches with a single action or 4-5 in and then an interact or focus or scheme or whatever the context desires. In my second game I played against reva and due to the scheme markers I was able to treat his corpse candles as living which allowed Anna to shoot them and convert them into zombies for me without them dropping any pyre markers.(zombify specifically states the model does not drop any markers on death) he ran his Anna up into my Anna's face near the center of the board. Shtook used anatomy on her and due to the scheme markers again now treated her as undead. She got placed into hazardous poison terrain, took 3 damage, and then took a walk leaving her 9 ish inches away from the center and obviously outside of range for her auras. Also pulled off the place focus hit with an undergrad and red jokered the damage against reva so that was nice. 

When it comes to needing to be in a place and taking an interact though it's hard to beat the versatility this shtook brings. Just get your dudes in the general area and shtook can make sure you kick that can or grab that symbol. But also if things devolve into a scrum, assuming you have schemes in the area your armored and hard to wound models will all have shielded and focus ready to fend off any other nonsense your opponent is trying to punch you with. 

For the most part, I can't see deliberately cheating down for it, though? I'd more think of it as:

I win? Great! You get Stunned, one of the best conditions in the game.

I win, but you cheated above me? Great! Took a card out of your hand and now I get + flips

I lose, oh well, at least I get + flips.

That said, I can think of cases I might (rubbish hand and need to finish off a model, last turn and target's already activated, no good targets for Stunned, etc).

So really, as everything in this game, context is king!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Korrok said:

So I played two games with this shtook over the weekend. Honestly I don't feel purposefully losing any duels for the plus flips is worth it. At least from my games it was a nice cherry on top if you did fail something. 

Not sure I would purposly lose but could be happy with any of the outcomes (As Da git puts it). 

And if I was facing a model with serene countanace or other :-flipflips then I may well decide failing the bonus action is the most efficient way. 

All in all its a handy ability that can make all outcomes good for you. Its not a huge powerhouse, but a nice thing to have.

Its also a slight defensive boost if they hit you with their first attack, you get :+flipto the second attack against you. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Adran said:

Not sure I would purposly lose but could be happy with any of the outcomes (As Da git puts it). 

And if I was facing a model with serene countanace or other :-flipflips then I may well decide failing the bonus action is the most efficient way. 

All in all its a handy ability that can make all outcomes good for you. Its not a huge powerhouse, but a nice thing to have.

Its also a slight defensive boost if they hit you with their first attack, you get :+flipto the second attack against you. 

Yeah that bit you quoted was basically me responding to the idea of purposefully cheating down for the sake of gaining the + flips. I agree with you and git that it's basically a nice thing to have no matter the context. Either way there's some upside to you. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, HomelessOne said:

It is nice to see Von Schtook still dabbles in his old profession. Even if practicing it in Malifaux is what drove him to the brink of madness in the first place.

Can probably also blame the grave spirit a tad for that. 

With that said I expect it to be a bayou master. Sandeep is who I want it to be with but I get a feeling it's going to be a damned gremlin lol

I'm thinking about the story about Him & Anna in the M3E ressers book.

At the end of the story, Schtook puts a trial for possible new students to be able to not be turned into undead & attend the school as living beings.

If I remember correctly, there's more than one that survives.
One of them is the research assistant I think (they mention he probably survived the trial because no one noticed him, which would be in line with the demeanor of the assistant's model).
But then there is at least one other person who will become a living student at transmortis.

So my bet would be that the enforcer (or minions, the marcus/cooper box and the anya/ironsides box have minions instead of enforcers) could be living students.
Depending on their profile (more about spellcasting, more about the necromancy/flesh merging) I would expected them to be also related to either Sandeep, Wong, or Leveticus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

I'm thinking about the story about Him & Anna in the M3E ressers book.

At the end of the story, Schtook puts a trial for possible new students to be able to not be turned into undead & attend the school as living beings.

If I remember correctly, there's more than one that survives.
One of them is the research assistant I think (they mention he probably survived the trial because no one noticed him, which would be in line with the demeanor of the assistant's model).
But then there is at least one other person who will become a living student at transmortis.

So my bet would be that the enforcer (or minions, the marcus/cooper box and the anya/ironsides box have minions instead of enforcers) could be living students.
Depending on their profile (more about spellcasting, more about the necromancy/flesh merging) I would expected them to be also related to either Sandeep, Wong, or Leveticus.

I believe three survived in total. So my guess would be them being the models. Since we already have a model shared with Levi I think there's a good chance it's not shared with him. 

I had zero idea what to expect from the new Transmortis model and kind of confused at first why Stargazer got paired with Wong. 

But in terms of his rules, I quite like him. Not like "omg, he changes everything" but more like "for a low cost I get multiple abilities to help me along".

I'm especially happy not to pay 8SS and a high card anymore for retrieval tech for my expensive models. 

received_1017317812457581.jpeg

received_1589081014762194.jpeg

• Thanks 1

This looks like an interesting piece.

Extra set of hands will be useful with the card draw from studied opponents, to remove bad drawn cards/cycle your deck.

Horrible luck should be way more useful with wong, but here it's still a boost to the research assistant shockwave, schtook 1.0 blast & schtook 2.0 shockwave
Condition removal is nice to have, can be useful on both friend & foes (and especially with schtook 2.0 who doesn't have the condition removal of 1.0)

Mold of the other can be neat, especially with the strong minions that Transmortis have.