Waldo's Weekly - Upon a Star

Kyle

Oh I love that model so much!

The title seems quite interesting.

Shade of delios could help allow students of sinew control anyone, students of steel to heal living allies as wel, etc
Lessons learned could be pretty nice as well.

The protect me trigger could be fun. Have a bodyguard, could be used by Anna to blow it up with her bonus action.

I'm not sure how powerful astronomical insignificance could be, especially since it's "until the START phase"
If the ennemy has a scheme that names one of his models, you can use that to negate the scheme for the last turn point, right?

15 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

I'm not sure how powerful astronomical insignificance could be, especially since it's "until the START phase"
If the ennemy has a scheme that names one of his models, you can use that to negate the scheme for the last turn point, right?

Yes.  "What was that, you named Model A for Claim Jump?  How about no."

• Agree 1

One of the things I'm noticing is that the re-worked Masters seem, so far, pretty complicated and non-linear in how they work, in the value they provide their crews. 

All of the new cards so far are going to be pretty intense to maximise the master, rewarding folks that put in the time and creating games where crazy off-vector threats and scoring opportunities are the norm.

I absolutely love it. 🤩

I love the web puzzle of Malifaux, balancing the war in the game with the winning of the game, oft times not directly linked. I love the fine balance of getting the cogs of a crews engine working, carefully ordering and balancing activations as each cog spins at least one other, all while your opponent throws grit into your machine with their own Rube-Goldberg creation.

These new masters are adding that in spades so far. Every faction has a couple of simpler masters, the introduction low floor entry crews (which can be still maximised for scary results) but for me the biggest intrigue and rewards in the game are from these less linear more puzzle power crew leaders. 

So yeah, the more I see of the direction that the design is taking the more I'm hoping that this direction continues and that we see some marvellously weird Arcanist masters that I can look at for an hour and still not encompass some use implication that could blow up a game.

2 minutes ago, ThreeBatts said:

I did not see this one coming.

I see most of the new masters losing their summons, so I'm wondering if there will be new masters that gain summons?

There's also 2 more titles and a minion shown off, Anya and Toni gain summons (a single summon, but summon nonetheless)