a couple of questions about Cadmus.

TeddyBear

Question

Nexus has this ability:

IMG_20210720_103553.thumb.jpg.b415db7ff4a17da90171a15c8515129a.jpg

Could she then target the same model from which she take Los, assuming the latter has a parasite token?

IMG_20210720_104300.thumb.jpg.b824eb2b947ae4db22e750003a17d166.jpg

For example, if I have several models in a row, each at 4 "distance from each other, can I use this ability on one at greater distance (multiple of 4)? For example at 12" or 16 "?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TeddyBear said:

Nexus has this ability:

IMG_20210720_103553.thumb.jpg.b415db7ff4a17da90171a15c8515129a.jpg

Could she then target the same model from which she take Los, assuming the latter has a parasite token?

IMG_20210720_104300.thumb.jpg.b824eb2b947ae4db22e750003a17d166.jpg

For example, if I have several models in a row, each at 4 "distance from each other, can I use this ability on one at greater distance (multiple of 4)? For example at 12" or 16 "?

Thanks!

Question 1, yes she can target the model from which she has drawn line of sight. She can only draw line of sight from an enemy model if it has a parasite token. But otherwise she doesn't need a parasite token to attack someone. The only rule on targeting with attacks is that you can't target yourself. 

Question 2

You can "chain" we are legion across several models. what you actually do is reduce the original targets heal by one and go to heal model Two by 1. You then reduce model twos heal by 1 and heal model three 1, and so forth. It will "use up" the one per activation we are legion on the intervening models, so you can't use them again this way this activation even though they don't suffer any damage or do any healing. 

Edit - Note with the FAQ each of the models that you try and chain healing through has to not be at full health. If you are chaining damage I would assume you can't if you are at 1 health, although the FAQ doesn't say that explicitly, it would follow the same logic as to why you couldn't pass the healing. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Adran said:

If you are chaining damage I would assume you can't if you are at 1 health, although the FAQ doesn't say that explicitly, it would follow the same logic as to why you couldn't pass the healing. 

...why? Model A chooses Model B to suffer damage. No rule is bring broken here.

• Thanks 2

The messy thing here is that damage timing has clear rules laid out, but healing timing does not, so they created an FAQ that means that healing timing works differently from damage timing for whatever reason.

I believe you'd reduce the damage with We Are Legion at the usual step on page 34, and so the model can pass it before it takes the damage.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

...why? Model A chooses Model B to suffer damage. No rule is bring broken here.

You're right, its not model B choosing to suffer the damage, which It couldn't do. Whilst healing and damage both ignore excess if you are on 1 wound, doing 1 damage to you isn't excess. 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

You're right, its not model B choosing to suffer the damage, which It couldn't do. Whilst healing and damage both ignore excess if you are on 1 wound, doing 1 damage to you isn't excess. 

I'm not sure what you think the issue with chaining damage is. 

1 minute ago, santaclaws01 said:

I'm not sure what you think the issue with chaining damage is. 

There isn't one. I just hadn't finished editing my original post to cross out where I was wrong.