Reel in and marker's move

Pallas4

Question

hi, I have an hapooner and I have questions about reel in

image.png.d45ae4d901272ffc3cecb7327e4ac1b1.png

if I push the shadow on the Torakage, does it is interrupted?

On the Barrels I think, it is, right?

image.png.7beeca4b8cbcba59899a8af54df577b9.png

in that case, does the severe terrain count for the push of shadow marker (I think no)?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

hi, I have an hapooner and I have questions about reel in

image.png.d45ae4d901272ffc3cecb7327e4ac1b1.png

if I push the shadow on the Torakage, does it is interrupted?

Your diagram doesn't have a scale, so it's difficult to see what the distance between those two objects are, and I don't want to put a piece of string next to my monitor to measure base sizes.  So I'm going to give you a general answer instead of the specific one for that situation.

Let's break it down to the separate issues...

Issue 1:  If the distance between the two points on the two objects is less than 4", does that count as "interrupted"?

Per the latest FAQ, yes.  

27. *What does it mean for a Push to be Interrupted?*

a) A Push is interrupted if it stops short of its full distance moved for any reason. For Pushes that are “up to” a specific distance, that distance must be chosen before the model is moved and it is treated as Interrupted if it stops short of that distance chosen.

Just remember that the "toward" rules were changed in the errata so that you choose a reference point on each of the objects to do the relevant measuring.  And when you're pushing a marker towards a model, the difference between "I'm going to use the nearest possible reference points" and "I'm going to use the furthest possible reference points" is a couple of inches.  In other words, if that shadow marker was a bit over 2" away from the Torakage, your potential reference points range from a bit over 4" apart to a bit over 2" apart, and the push is interrupted if you choose two points less than 4" apart.

In other words, if you push the shadow marker 4" towards something else, and you choose two reference points that are less than 4" apart and no other rule causes the push to be interrupted, the FAQ says that the push is interrupted.

Issue 2:  Will contacting a model or something else cause the push to be interrupted according to the push rules?

A moving marker is treated as if it were a moving model if the marker has the Impassable or Climbable terrain traits.  And when -models- are pushed, the rules specify that the push is interrupted:

If a Pushed model encounters another model or Impassable Terrain during this movement, its movement is interrupted and stops."

Unless the terrain trait exception applies to the marker, the interruption rule in pushes won't apply to the pushed marker.  And one of the thing we tried to be thorough about during the beta was to get Wyrd to properly use 'object', 'model' and 'marker' in the rules instead of the problem in M2E where a rule may use "model" when describing a mechanic that applies to models and markers.)

21 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

On the Barrels I think, it is, right?

image.png.7beeca4b8cbcba59899a8af54df577b9.png

in that case, does the severe terrain count for the push of shadow marker (I think no)?

Severe terrain applies to non-Place movement of models.  The effect will apply to the same set of markers that the Push interruption clause will--markers with the Impassable or Climbable terrain traits (because those two traits cause the marker to be moved like a model).

When a Terrain Marker with the Climbable or Impassable Terrain Trait moves, it is treated as if it were a model (and thus it can move across the top of Climbable Terrain but cannot move through Impassable Terrain or models).

In other words, a pushed Shadow marker (lacks either the Impassable or Climbable terrain traits) won't be slowed by severe terrain and will pass through intervening models.  A pushed Ice Pillar (possesses the Impassable terrain trait) will be slowed by severe terrain and will be interrupted by intervening models.

Does that help?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, solkan said:

Issue 2:  Will contacting a model or something else cause the push to be interrupted according to the push rules?

A moving marker is treated as if it were a moving model if the marker has the Impassable or Climbable terrain traits.  And when -models- are pushed, the rules specify that the push is interrupted

By this do you mean that a marker with impassible can't be moved? Because if so Euripides simply doesn't work

1 hour ago, fire5tone said:

By this do you mean that a marker with impassible can't be moved? Because if so Euripides simply doesn't work

No. If a marker has the impassable or climbable trait then it moves as if it were a model, all other markers don't get affected by things which affect models. 

Unless the terrain trait exception applies to the marker, the interruption rule in pushes won't apply to the pushed marker.  And one of the thing we tried to be thorough about during the beta was to get Wyrd to properly use 'object', 'model' and 'marker' in the rules instead of the problem in M2E where a rule may use "model" when describing a mechanic that applies to models and markers.)

So we can push a marker without Impassable or Climbable traits bellow a house? or in woods? (below, so markers can't be seen or above?) and in the case I put in the fist image, the push won't be interrupted.

2 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

So we can push a marker without Impassable or Climbable traits bellow a house? or in woods? (below, so markers can't be seen or above?) and in the case I put in the fist image, the push won't be interrupted.

Its not completely clear but I would say the marker should be moved to the top of the terrain.(If you move the terrain over a marker then that's what happens, and nothing seems to say what happens if you move the marker into terrain, which is strange as there a re many more marker moving abilities than terrain moving abilities). But it is fairly clear that if the marker doesn't have impassable or climbable then it won't have its move interrupted by other terrain (But if you are supposed to move it 4" and you need to move it towards a point 2" from it, then you could find the push interrupted because it did not complete the 4" push before it ran out of a direction)

40 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

So we could have a vertical aligned markers on walls?

Weird. ^^

No, I’m pretty sure the marker’s always going to be aligned with the table.  😛 

One thing I forgot about earlier is that impassible prevents movement/placing even if you’re a marker.  So your building walls being impassible will prevent pushing into the house.

• Thanks 1