A basic Pandora question

Mikes

Hey, all

I don't play Neverborn and have zero experience witht he faction outside of playing against Dreamer a few times in M2E. But I'm  interested in Pandora for a project and I'm wondering is anyone can tell me what staples are in her crew? IE, when you play with or against her, what models are you expecting to see on the table for most strat and scheme pools.

Any help is appreciated.

I like running my Panda fairly straight. 

Candy is a given. She’s so great, she likes to go beyond the Woe. What’s amazing about her is that she’ll have major impact, while needing minimal resources. 

I love Kade and Teddy. They’re pretty self-reliant. Healing quite a bit every turn. You’ll need to think of Kade as a 7pt. Teddy upgrade though. He isn’t a murder baby per se, but he’ll make Teddy a powerhouse. 

Sorrows. I love these guys, I don’t expect them to do much more than moving and interacting, while occasonally handing out stun and plinking damage. One preferably two, but even three can make into a list, and I never regret it. 

Carver has a bad rep. It’s not that he’s bad, but … I like him for his Breath of Fire particularly into scheme-y crews. I’ve ruined many a plan by burning scheme markers away.

Iggy is my fire-haired stepchild. I’ve never really had him do something amazing, although Reckless is a fine trait.

VERSATILES

Doppleganger, Emissary, Wrath, Hinamatsu and the Horseman are all fine picks to supplement the Woe. Serena less so now, but with both Teddy and Carver, I’d look to her. 

Out of Keyword

Changelings are popular. Copying Panda, pushing Woes and building in suits. 

-

In general, the crew likes to bubble, although it doesn’t need to, but it needs the synergies between multiple models to effective. So it is quite a challenging crew to play. 

It is not particularly fast or maneuverable. So you need to plan ahead. Although it does have a few surprises, like Candy suddenly teleporting 8” into the middle of a crew causing havoc. 

I love her in games with a decent amount of hazardous terrain - why the emissary is a good choice - all those pushes, suddenly becomes a real nuisance. 

• Like 1

Dora have a scary bubble with a lot of movement trick and ping because of Misery. She like centre Brawl. For this GG she will like Break the Line and Turf War. She's ok at Leyline and need to play a castle / denying strategy on symbols. 

She hate corner deployment since she doesn't have the fastest crew (but you can tech BBS / Horse to make if faster).

I never saw a Dora crew without candy. 

You usually want someone to Lure / bring it (Kade, Hinamatsu, Wrath, Lyssa) so people are not running around you all game.

In keyword Sorrow are the most common minions but Aversion are quite good at denying access to strat marker or to protect key models. Lyssa can be cheap scheme runner (I usually prefer Sorrow, but you can play a heavy stagger Dora crew with Vassi and Doll where Lyssa can thrive).

I find Teddy + Kade quite expensive but they are an effective duo for beating the sh** out of people. I usually prefer Carver. Opportunist on focus is awesome. Breath of fire + an other stun bonus action make him more versatile (even though he's not a pure beater, you can give him ram for x2 crit strike).

Iggy is a super niche pick. You really need to make use of both Arson and opportunist burning before hiring him.

I mostly agree with @Regelridderenon the versatile models. Serena, even after the nerf, is quite good though and will make it in most of my list (especially because she's still the best healing option in NB).

Vasi is also a great versatile with Dora. Combine her with a doll and a BBS (you can grow him in to mature t1 after pulsing focus x2 on your entire crew). I usually prefer this combo to the horse when I need to get out of corner quickly (or just if I need the extra mobility).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, SEV said:

Vasi is also a great versatile with Dora. Combine her with a doll and a BBS (you can grow him in to mature t1 after pulsing focus x2 on your entire crew). I usually prefer this combo to the horse when I need to get out of corner quickly (or just if I need the extra mobility).

My next purchase is the Emissary to do a crew with it and Vasilisa. Spreading Staggered and generally ruining everyones day 😜

15 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I skimmed the above and don't think anyone mentioned adze or bandersnatch?  Both give out a ton of conditions, so some people like them with the crew.

Also. Ol’ Squidface Coppelius is great to have around Whispering Truths and beating face, doing the running the rest of the crew is too Slow to do. 

-

In general Panda likes Terrifying, Pulses and Shockwaves and anything to drain her opponents hand to allow her to do her worst. 

I feel as if I don’t post at least something, I’m gonna get yelled at soooo

I absolutely love Dora and as much as you want to bring OoK stuff, she loves the multiple Misery bubbles. There are moments tho that you want OoK tho, I’ll put that in the end 

As most people already mentioned, in keyword she really shines. None of your models has upfront big damage. But instead they can rack up large amounts of damage over the course of the turn thanks to Misery. 

Candy is a must have, or as close as you can get in this crew. Her bonus action has the potential to do 4 damage to unprotected models, that’s nuts! She is incredibly tough to kill by conventional means and on top of that, can heal things and buff your models. Just….WOW

Sorrows are your generalists. They do schemes and strats and in key moments become a damage beacon. They usually like to go in pairs for the scheme stuff, but can be great suicidal solos. Between Misery and Life Leech, people usually try to focus them down, which buys you time.

Aversions are bodyguards, mostly Poltergeist and Dora. And their Bonus action Push is a great way to either save or setup Beater in your crew. Antipathy and Scatter are incredibly invaluable 

Lyssas are great as beacons and extra hands for the Schemes and Strats. At 4 points I love them because sometimes you need to use Bring it on Pandora to save her whilst being Staggered. Normally you wouldn’t be able to move staggered models, but Lyssas will uh…find a way. Usually bring them if I’m also bringing the Emissary.

Baby Kade and Teddy are a package deal for me. Between Candy giving Teddy Fast and Kade walking Teddy to midfield, that bear will tear it up. You know what I mean…

Carver and Iggy are the Tech Picks for me. Whenever you need Ruthless and/or to put fire on things, you get Carver. When you need to remove Conditions or to have a fire Aura, you get Iggy. Sometimes they come together.

OoK she can grab a smorgasbord of models that she will increase their damage by 1 or add a move element. These pieces usually don’t merit bringing because they don’t combo as well as even most Versatile models. Examples are:

Adze with Iggy and Carver against melee heavy crews can be hard to deal with if you can manage to make Focus disappear from enemy models either with Dora or Carver. This is usually very difficult to do but can be soooo satisfying when pulled off

Aeslin can give out Injured which does make other models have an easier time hitting and Dora can hurt them when they get it too. Also if using the Emissary, she can usually put her trigger to good use by placing an underbrush and then attacking, but now only the Emissary and Aeslin are getting something out of it.

There’s tons more and I recommend to put the Core box on the table and to play one Sorrow as an Aversion until you get the hang of it

• Like 2