Weird animal question

Ok.  So this is gonna be an odd question.  Where did the fun animals in Malifaux come from?  Pigs, dogs and giant chickens and rabbits that the gremlins use.  Were they earthside creatures that got mutated or are they native to Malifaux?

The reason for this odd question is as follows...PAINTING!  I have this crazy idea of painting all earthside origin miniatures in warm tones.  All Malifaux origin miniatures in cold tones.  Spirits and undead in neutral tones.  So, in order to slave myself to this painting format, I need to know the origin of certain animals in my Bayou faction so that I can fully commit to this activity and drive myself further into the depths of insanity.

Its a bit of both. The herders have bought some livestock through the breech, and Malifaux is changing them (I can't remember where it says that, but it talks about how the dogs are getting more aggressive, and I think I remember a story about how a field of cattle started becoming meat eaters). but there is a wide range of strange native animals.  

• Agree 1