Corvis Rook Pressure Attack Action

protojey

Question

I just picked up Ivan and Corvis to run in my crew. I Keep reading over his Pressure Attack Action and want to make sure that I am going to be using it correctly. It states that Target must Ether discard a card and take two damage or take an action controlled by this model and chosen by this model. 

1. Does this Mean I (controlling Corvis) Chooses which of these two options to occur or does the Targeted model choose if they rather discard and take the two damage or let Corvis choose the action it will perform?

2. For the action Does if have to be any action (ex move, charge, scheme marker) or Does it have to be an Attack or Tactical action listed on the card? 

3. Would an action listing target enemy model only restrict it to being only able to target my crew ( Ivan ) or would it flip and allow it to target the opponents crew still? 

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, protojey said:

I just picked up Ivan and Corvis to run in my crew. I Keep reading over his Pressure Attack Action and want to make sure that I am going to be using it correctly. It states that Target must Ether discard a card and take two damage or take an action controlled by this model and chosen by this model. 

1. Does this Mean I (controlling Corvis) Chooses which of these two options to occur or does the Targeted model choose if they rather discard and take the two damage or let Corvis choose the action it will perform?

It's  'This or That' choice (rules PDF, page 33).  More specifically, the choice is

Target must either discard a random card and suffer 2 damage or take a non-:ToS-Fast:Action that does not Attach Upgrades or list a model by name, chosen and controlled by this model.

The 'This or That Choice' rules are what create the stipulation that the model can't choose an option that it can't successfully perform (unlike actions normally resolve, where the model just has to "try" and it doesn't matter whether the attempt cannot succeed.)

• Agree 1

I agree with both the above answers. 

The targeted model gets to decide is it if going to discard a card and take two damage, or if you get to control it for an action. If it can't discard a card, or it can't take 2 damage (because it would kill it) then you will get to control it(page 33).

If you take the action, you can think of it as if it was  your model for the purposes of what action it is going to take. It can interact, Charge, do an attack from its card and so forth just like it was doing an action on its own activation, as long as the action doesn't attach an upgrade or list a model by name. Note that the model is performing the action so if it has a once per turn action you could do that as long as it hasn't done it before this turn, and if you do it then when the model activates later in the turn it won't be able to do its once per turn action, since it already has. (Once per activation restrictions apply to the activation in which they occur, so will only crop up if you pressure the same model twice in Corvus' activation).

But this does not change "friendly" and "enemy". Your crew are still enemies to the controlled model.  The opponents crew is still friendly to it. (page 26)