Gatling Gunner/Guild Mage Reveal

Gaston

On 7/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, 4thstringer said:

I'm really liking the gunners with investigators in theory.  Guns giving staggered, or if they miss instead him dropping a scheme market and hitting someone with an irresistible push, seems like a good situation for them.  

Guild mages spreading heal with they use intimidating authority or interrogate (ok I know they will never use interrogate) seems good too.

Gunners are good with Lucius anyway. Hidden Sniper Injured, Obey shoot at positive. 

25 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

Does anyone know if we will get a guild starter box with these models. I'd hate to have to buy the other side starter box to get them. 

I don't know but I would say it was unlikely that these would be in the guild starter box, they don't fit the "rules" we have for starters. ( 1 henchmen, 3 other models). 

10 hours ago, Angelshard said:

Did you get any use out of the mage offensively or was he a pure support piece? 

Never used ancient words but used the bonus a lot. I suspect position + rule of law will be the more common action with them, though if you are already in position or are facing something like a fire golem, that attack has great potential value.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Never used ancient words but used the bonus a lot. I suspect position + rule of law will be the more common action with them, though if you are already in position or are facing something like a fire golem, that attack has great potential value.

I agree that the most common use will be move and rule. But I think ancient words have a lot of potential. 

Turning two focus into two distracted is quite nasty. 

I've also considered if it's worth it to attack one of your own models to turn a negative stack into focus, but min 2 is a bit steep for that, even though he does give access to more healing. 

2 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I agree that the most common use will be move and rule. But I think ancient words have a lot of potential. 

Turning two focus into two distracted is quite nasty. 

I've also considered if it's worth it to attack one of your own models to turn a negative stack into focus, but min 2 is a bit steep for that, even though he does give access to more healing. 

I'm thinking about a 3 false witness, 3 guild mage lucius crew.  Attacking WP at a neg is really nasty with a 2/4/5.

24 minutes ago, rb_man said:

Does anyone know if these will be build them your self models? Or premade? Because I really don't like the quality of the premade models.

Almost certainly prebuilt. It's an "Other Side" box, with Malifaux card options. And AFAIK, all Other Side boxes are prebuilt, and as this is being billed as an "open and play" starter, it's almost certain to be.

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...