New big lady

Assdex

Saw topic in neverborn, but model is tt and i think we need discuss about it.

I got twisted minds about her, she don't have a lot of senergy in keyword , but when i saw her attacks its all awesome.

Wanna try her in misaki for excute.

WaldosWeekly_7.7.2021_Card-LadyYume.jpg

Seems like her minor Oni synergies are:

-Can get flicker on Kamaitachi to start the Dust Devil push-cart (hard to call that a train or engine :)

-I think you can get the Yokai fllicker place via her From Two Worlds, but that doesn't look like a strong thing to do.

-When you use Violation of Reality to charge, or flight, or a Katashiro's Blown By Wind, or a Yokai's flicker place, or Dimensional Rifts, or various other place effects in an Oni crew, you get a bit of a fate deck preview and some fate deck sculpting.  You can also get a look at the opponent's fate deck with new Asami's Another Mouth and possibly other effects.  Though I doubt you'd want to discard weaks from your opponent's deck.

I think that last one is what you'll be looking at using in a Oni crew.

Additional synergy in an Oni crew with original Asami is that Violation of Reality would allow Lady Yume to charge and check her fate deck before making her attack.

Similarly the unbury tricks with new Asami can do similar.

Warp the Veil is once per activation, so she can't look at her deck then use her placement effects on enemy models to look at their deck, though

I think a Yokai pairs well, as to start her activation you can give the Yokai Flicker, draw a card, place the Yokai and then look at the top 2 cards of your deck. And with new Asami the Yokai could then discard the flicker to gain shielded. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adran said:

I think a Yokai pairs well, as to start her activation you can give the Yokai Flicker, draw a card, place the Yokai and then look at the top 2 cards of your deck. And with new Asami the Yokai could then discard the flicker to gain shielded. 

Still work with misaki , she unbury and can look cards do deside start with bonus or charge 

21 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Still work with misaki , she unbury and can look cards do deside start with bonus or charge 

It certainly will work with Misaki. It does tie her unbury down a little if you are hoping for that. It doesn't work so much with the rest of the crew (Ototo and Torkage can get the warp the veil bonus sometimes, but I don't know they would consistently get it)

You probably want Minako Rei for her ability to summon Katashiro, who are also great with Yume, but then you probably wanted her anyway. 

My gut reaction is I don't think I hire her in any crew. I compare her to Ohaguro Bettari and Yume seems worse (less mobile, no stones, worse damage without flicker), and I already don't hire Bettari. I might hire her if she had From Beyond.

Her card manipulation might be enough to make the difference, but it seems like a lot of mucking around.

It seems like she's balanced for Dreamer to be honest. She is going to die fast in a crew with no healing and few Wp targeting attacks like Asami's. Not getting the Shielded or being able to be reactivated in the new Asami is a major downside as well.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Jinn said:

My gut reaction is I don't think I hire her in any crew. I compare her to Ohaguro Bettari and Yume seems worse (less mobile, no stones, worse damage without flicker), and I already don't hire Bettari. I might hire her if she had From Beyond.

Her card manipulation might be enough to make the difference, but it seems like a lot of mucking around.

It seems like she's balanced for Dreamer to be honest. She is going to die fast in a crew with no healing and few Wp targeting attacks like Asami's. Not getting the Shielded or being able to be reactivated in the new Asami is a major downside as well.

I agree with you, she seems more suitable for Nightmare than Oni at a first glance.

Adding to the considerations mentioned so far, the auras are huge due to that 50mm base and sz 4, if you have anything that places it is going to trigger them.

However, I think we are focusing just on the front part of the card, which is great. But the backside seem more than decent to me:

The Rows of Teeth attack has a decent dmg track 2/3/6, that 6 being more meaningful due to the Puncture trigger. And it also has 2 more remarkable triggers:

- Execute: this trigger is rare, only Asami and Misaki have it in TT. And doubling it, could be impactful.

- Hole in the world: It is a nice reposition tool.

Tortorous Trance is made for Nightmare, I don't think you will use it in TT unless you got nothing else to do.

The bonus attack Coil Around Prey is, again, a great reposition tool. With both the push and the Glimpse of the Void triggers.

As for the consume, well, it sems cirumstantial to me, maybe in keyword you can From Two Worlds a low health 2 flickr tokens oni with From Beyond to draw a card and heal. 

All in all, with Df 6 and Terryfing 12, Sz4 and 50mm, nice auras and great triggers it could work great being in the middle of the table with some support.

The big weak point that comes to mind is being an enforcer, which reduces her survivavility and her ability to get the triggers when wanted.

Pd: I am pretty excited to see the Sz 4 miniature of this insect-lady.

Thinking about making her a bit more resilient, what about a strong model with armor like a Samurai with Silent Protector close to her?

Every activation you take the hit, you could Warp The Veil and thin or preview your deck, guaranteeing a moderate for the next flip.

This, on a Misaki crew for example, as mentioned with Minako, Torakages and Ototo (and Crime Bosses) could serve for a thinning deck mechanic.

On 7/11/2021 at 2:05 AM, regleant said:

Honestly, my first reaction is that she is under-costed, synergizes well with Oni, and will replace Betty in my lists for some time. I guess time will tell if I'm right. :) 

Woah? You actually use Betty? And she does work for you? Please sir/madam, share your great wisdom!

I have found Betty sadly lacking and would agree that comparing Yume to Betty, Yume is undercosted, but that's because compared to a lot of other 8ss models in Thunders, I reckon Betty's overcosted.

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

Woah? You actually use Betty? And she does work for you? Please sir/madam, share your great wisdom!

I have found Betty sadly lacking and would agree that comparing Yume to Betty, Yume is undercosted, but that's because compared to a lot of other 8ss models in Thunders, I reckon Betty's overcosted.

HA! Don't get me wrong, I often find myself frustrated with what she brings to the table. If she at least had a Bonus action..., that said, I most often use her for Diving Charge to get into good places for scheme running. Her ability to be placed helps with that, as well.

• 4 weeks later...

My thinking with her is that I want to bubble more with the Asami "Takusen" as my oni are now incentivized to remain within 8" of Asami, so using coil around prey to bring a target into my line could be pretty useful. The synergy with from two worlds on a yokai is great (as are yokai in general) with new Asami because it's basically a free card and shielded on the yokai. On the subject of Aloha Betty, yeah I hardly ever take her which is a shame, however, her lure does have some additional uses now in that it will proc Asami's flickering lanterns (and out of activation moves are now that much more important for the crew) as well as being a WP duel along with whispered truths. 

Yume is interesting though. Tortuous Trance could definitely help stack a bunch of injuring on a model along with Asami to help really tear into a single target, but the whole crew is very fragile without a whole lot of defensive tech outside of from beyond and shielded. 

• 1 month later...

Where I found I was getting the most use out of her is all of her place/move effects to screw with your opponent’s positioning. 

Coil around Pray is great for that if your opponent extends one of their models forward  you simply move up to within 3” placing the model behind her and closer to your crew - even better if you can get the trigger to push the model 4” into your crew and then Push towards it. To a safer position . 

The first time I did this my opponent couldn’t believe that I had taken one of his models and “throw” it deep into my crew to be devoured. 

• Like 1