New Resurrectionist player : Reva my burning love

Zorni

Hello everyone, new player here.

My local club decide to pick up Malifaux and after much consideration I decided to pick Reva Cortinas as my first master to play and learn this game.

What I was looking for : Fire, Burning things, Fun.

What I found : a complex order of activation caveat, cadavers, corpses, FUN, and Fire of course.

I played yesterday my "first" initiation game with 35 soul stones my list was based on Reva and her candles, Vincent St. Clair, 2 shield bearers, one lampad and a restless spirit.

This was a nice combination of corpses and pyre markers turn three most of the table was on fire.

I really liked how fire combined well with her ability to duel and have positives flips and also the fact that she can strike from really far away.

She seems complex but rewarding to master.

I'm looking to pick up a Draugr, maybe a Dead Rider, we'll see but what I want to try is her burning gameplay to see if it works.

Thanks for reading! 

• Like 5

I like running either Anna Lovelace or Toshiro the Daimyo with Reva.  You can target a corpse candle with Toshio to summon an Ashigaru and then later activate Reva to bring back the Corpse Candle by activating next to the pyre marker left by the Corpse Candle's death.  Ashigaru have an excellent combination of defensive stats and can shut down charge attacks while Toshiro giving a built in positive flip for any minion within 

Anna Lovelace can do some fun stuff with Remote Detonator and her gun.

• Agree 1