How important is Sensei Yu to a Monk crew?

Mikes

As the title says. My main source fo info on how onk play is the Third Floor Wars deep dive, but that was before the nerf.  Since then, how important is Yu to Monk's play style? How do you (Y)use him, f at all?

And bonus question - Charm Warders. Is it ever worth taking two?

Thanks in advance.

I use him quite a bit. Every crew can get mileage out of fast Monks and often times you are getting two of them every turn unless Shenlong needs someone to Interact. 

Early turns he is key to getting that Fast & Focused Fuhatsu…. or some other key model. 

I have used double Charm Warders but a lot of times I can’t afford it with other needs models in the crew. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikes said:

As the title says. My main source fo info on how onk play is the Third Floor Wars deep dive, but that was before the nerf.  Since then, how important is Yu to Monk's play style? How do you (Y)use him, f at all?

And bonus question - Charm Warders. Is it ever worth taking two?

Thanks in advance.

Auto pick. Card draw , fast to other monks, laugh off , more chi.

• Thanks 1

I agree, Sensei Yu is core for Shenlong for the mentioned reasons.

As for the Charm Warders, it may seem to be the obvious answer, but I would hire two against summoners.

They are already good giving injured and discarding cards at range 10' and the bonus action can be impressive. Not to mention the possibility of dealing irreducible damage. But against summoners one is a must and two worth considering.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, regleant said:

How can he give Fast to Fuhatsu? He only gives Fast by removing Chi from a lower-cost Monk. What am I missing?

From memory he gives fast to a cheap monk and shenlong will then move the condition to fuhatsu. 

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Also with Juggernaut and low River Monk or Shens Heal he can be superannoyingly hard to get off the table. You can most of the Time shove him right into the action, just have to get your activation order straight once he takes some damage

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yeah agree with all the above points but a couple that I would add. 

He's good to send into your opponents main beater to tie them up; dishing out fast and his other abilities is VERY valuable

From a GG3 perspective, (no comments yet since the new GG) when it comes to Strats such as Guard the Stash, Covert Operation and Carve a Path (to a lesser extent) his Laugh Off ability as well as his attack moving other models out of the way is almost a game winner in itself!

On the Charm Warder front, against a summoning crew then taking two would make sense but I've found that in GG3 more players seem to keep the bulk of their crew some what central on the board (personal playing experience); this would only benefit a crew taking two charm warders. Saying that though, I've only ever taken one per game as the other 7ss I usually spend on a Thunder Archer or other Monk