Asami Tanaka - Takusen

Morgan Vening

15 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Renders are up! Also it appears Asami's title has changed to shintaku. Quick google translate = trust, entrusting. As opposed to Takusen meaning oracle... Think I liked Takusen better...

If you do a slightly deeper dive into google translate, you get back to Takusen from Shintaku (the second definition below)

(note: I'm definitely not an expert on Japanese)

Definitions of しんたく

Noun
信用して委託すること。特に、他人に一定の目的で財産の管理や処分をさせること。
「―銀行」

神のおつげ。託宣。
「―を下す」
新しく建てた家。新居。
分家。

神のおつげ。託宣。

Kami no o Tsuge. Takusen.

Did you mean: 神のお告げ。託宣。

Translation results

God's gift. Proclamation.

Note: The "Did you mean" version translates to God's Announcement, which helps show that you can get variations in translations for the same set of phonetics in Japanese if you use specific characters (Kanji).

23 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Renders are up! Also it appears Asami's title has changed to shintaku. Quick google translate = trust, entrusting. As opposed to Takusen meaning oracle... Think I liked Takusen better...

In Japanese sometime different words would have exactly same spelling despite having different definitions and meanings. In this case there are two different words both spell "Shintaku". The first one is what you got from google, which is "Trusting" and "Entrusting". It is more common used word so google just throw it to you as 1st priority.

In here, however, I believe the another word, which means "Oracle" or "Message from the God", is more proper and suitable.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking that you can choose to take the damage from her shockwave, place 1" from the trigger, allowing you to use the rift to place 8"? I am wondering if this, or anything else is a way of getting the 8" place during Asami's activation.

Seems like a really fun idea but my fear is that the enemy can simply remove a rift before you have a chance to use it defensively to pull a model out. Offensively I suspect posession is a better way of launching a model forward though purely theorycraft at this point.

You can't choose to fail a shockwave duel, but you can choose not to ignore the shockwave (since friendly Oni *may* ignore it) and then either fail or cheat to fail the flip. If she's got the mask trigger that'll let you teleport an Oni up to a different marker durng Asami's activation, yeah.

You could also potentially trigger it if you put Masked Agent on Asami, but that's going to be pretty limited utility. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to clarify... wrath of the kimon with ama no zako. Ama cannot activate 3 times in a turn due to the wording? The model may activate a second time. So if if ama has activated she can activate a second time.

If ama then makes Asami use wrath of the kimon again it... A) has no effect as ama already has had 2 activations this turn...

Or B) ama can activate a 3rd time and without gaining the 3 flicker as you only gain the 3 flicker on the models second activation.... 

48 minutes ago, Kevinsmith101 said:

Just to clarify... wrath of the kimon with ama no zako. Ama cannot activate 3 times in a turn due to the wording? The model may activate a second time. So if if ama has activated she can activate a second time.

If ama then makes Asami use wrath of the kimon again it... A) has no effect as ama already has had 2 activations this turn...

Or B) ama can activate a 3rd time and without gaining the 3 flicker as you only gain the 3 flicker on the models second activation.... 

Asami can no longer do this, it became once per turn

It's a moot question since the card was altered, but if an effect allows you to activate a second time then it doesn't allow you to activate a third time if you are subject to it again. Similar to fast allowing a third action basically does nothing to masters because they can already do 3 actions. 

• Like 1