Brewie Construct list question

Will Shepherd

I am planning on running a Brewie Construct list and was wondering what peoples opinions are of using the various tank options.  I know Whiskey golem is a must, as well as Mechanized Porkchop.  What about Gracie or the Lucky Emissary?  I see lists with Gracie because of Ride with me, but I never see anyone trying the Lucky Emissary and it seems like it would be a solid fit in the list because of Armor +1 and ignoring armor in duels.

Please give me your thoughts on this.  I am excited about trying this out.  Thanks for any input. 

I think that the Emissary is a model for whom you want to have a clear plan and purpose. He's great against marker crews and his mobility means that he also rocks some strategies but I wouldn't put him into a "core crew" as such.

Also note that non-Tri-Chi part of your force doesn't like Poison as much so take care with your Poison Pulses and who you pair up with who. High Armor and low Wounds makes Poison especially annoying.

• Like 1

I've only tried it once, so I can't say I'm an expert, but I just find that summoning Whiskey Gamin is much more work than seems reasonable. You need to:

1. Activate the Porkchop first, so it can drop a scrap
  2. Get at least poison 3-4 on Cooper, which is probably 2 activations
  3. Summon with an 8+

That's at least 2 activations and probably 3+ AP, just to get a Gamin. It just seems like one too many hoops to jump through.

Maybe Sparks is worth the extra cost? His new "Now Yer Robot" seems to work well with a Gamin's Hard Slam

That being said, would it be better to run a construct list with Mah? Sparks, Survivors, Porkchop, and I think the Golem is still worth 10+1. Maybe some Test Subjects. Everything has armor except for Mah and Sparks.

3 hours ago, Antebellum said:

I've only tried it once, so I can't say I'm an expert, but I just find that summoning Whiskey Gamin is much more work than seems reasonable. You need to:

1. Activate the Porkchop first, so it can drop a scrap
  2. Get at least poison 3-4 on Cooper, which is probably 2 activations
  3. Summon with an 8+

That's at least 2 activations and probably 3+ AP, just to get a Gamin. It just seems like one too many hoops to jump through.

In a normal Tri-Chi list you can have a Fermented River Monk Charge Cooper with their 2" Ml (so they get to move up the board) and provide two Poison and with good suits get themselves Poison or Focus or Chi. Wesley, Fingers, and Moon Shinobi can also do this but without such good Triggers. Akaname can also give Poison and provide the Scrap. So the hoops are pretty surmountable (unless you're going all Armor models, naturally).

I am looking at the following list...

Brewmaster

Wesley

Cooper

Whiskey Golem

Mechanized Porkchop

Akename

Akename #2

Either Gracie or Lucky Emissary 

First turn I poison up and create a Gamin.  Second turn I create another Gamin while I crush the enemy.  Third turn I give opponent tissue to wipe away their tears as I crush the rest of their crew.  Fourth turn, we both have a drink and a laugh.

Just saying, if you're hiring 2 Akaname for the scrap to summon 2 Gamin, you can just hire the Gamin for 1 more stone each and take advantage of Driving While A Drink.

I see no reason I still can't take advantage of Driving while I drink after I create them and still have 2 Akename to help out with stuff.  Nothing says I cannot use Driving while a drink if I summon them as opposed to starting the game with them.  When they activate, the ability happens.  This way I have 2 extra models handing out poison like a charity and the gamin can run off and scheme for a few turns.

12 hours ago, Will Shepherd said:

I see no reason I still can't take advantage of Driving while I drink after I create them and still have 2 Akename to help out with stuff.  Nothing says I cannot use Driving while a drink if I summon them as opposed to starting the game with them.  When they activate, the ability happens.  This way I have 2 extra models handing out poison like a charity and the gamin can run off and scheme for a few turns.

I believe Jesy's point is that if you pump Cooper full of Poison and then Summon, you cannot pump the newly Summoned Whiskey Gamin full of Poison as well since your Poison engine has already activated. If you hire them, you can direct the attentions of the Poison pumping engine to the Gamin and they will be full of Poison when they activate.

• Like 1

Exactly... I always deploy Block Party style, and getting 16 poison on both Gamin for them to activation last on turn 1 is amazing, puts them well above their cost.

Mind you, you yourself are not gonna get that much poison with this build, but it seems kind of a waste to not get anything out if it.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:43 AM, Jesy Blue said:

Exactly... I always deploy Block Party style, and getting 16 poison on both Gamin for them to activation last on turn 1 is amazing, puts them well above their cost.

Mind you, you yourself are not gonna get that much poison with this build, but it seems kind of a waste to not get anything out if it.

Can you post your list, please?  I played last night and did well.  Generated quite a bit of poison on myself that helped me keep my guys on their feet.  I would like to see how getting 16 poison on those Gamin works out though.  Thanks.

It's Martini Time (Bayou)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  The Brewmaster
    Twelve Cups of Coffee
Totem(s):
  Apprentice Wesley
Hires:
  Fingers Leong
    Twelve Cups of Coffee
  Fermented River Monk
    Inferiority Complex
  Fermented River Monk 2
    Inferiority Complex
  Whiskey Gamin
  Whiskey Gamin 2
  Tanuki

Not as many constructs as you take, obviously.

Block Party: deploy in base contant 3x3 (yes there are only 8 models), the only requirements is Fingers in the middle, Gamin facing a clear path to where you want them to go. Everyone is within 2" of everyone else,

1. Monk does Have a Drink once to each Gamin; Bully gives automatic suit, Crows for Drinking Problem, then Trusty Flask. 2 Poison each Gamin.
  2. Monk 2 does Have a Drink once to each Gamin; Bully gives automatic suit, Crows for Drinking Problem, then Trusty Flask. 4 on each Gamin.
  3. Fingers does Have A Drink on each Monk once, build in suit "Obeys" each Monk to Have A Drink each Gamin once, then Shower of Booze trigger. 7 Poison on each Gamin.
  4. Tanuki does Lifting Spirits on one Gamin, with built in Smashed trigger, then Jug Swing the other Gamin Looking for the Shower of Booze trigger, then Foul Mouthed Motivation on the hurt Gamin to heal them, looking for Smashed trigger.  10 poison each Gamin.
  5. Wesley does Have A Drink once on each Gamin, then Trusty Flask. 12 Poison each Gamin.
  6. Brewmaster Lures a Monk twice, looking for the "Obey" trigger to Have A Drink each Gamin once, Trusty Flask looking for the Shower of Booze trigger, then Obeying Fingers to "A Toast!". 16 Poison each Gamin.
  7. Gamin 1 pushes 16" then can either Walk 6" more and scheme, scheme and Walk 6" more, or double Walk/Walk Charge for a total of 28" (33" if you get the Accidental Roll Over).
  8. Gamin 2, same as the first.

Granted, you're not going to get ALL the suits you need every game. Some games you won't need 16" so you'll direct more Poison to Brewmaster and/or Monks. Some games an Alpha Strike will hit your block. Some games..... every thing will go smooth and you'll have 2 Turf War markers flipped on turn 1.

Which strategy/schemes are you using that into? It seems like a ton of work to get 2 5ss models out away from your crew, while no one else moved at all. Granted, I'm just going off of what you said, but seems like if you do like half that, get some poison on Brewmaster, and unpack a bit, it'd be more useful for the overall game.

I've only used it in Turf War in GG2.

It was very useful in Corrupted Ley Lines in previous GG's.... like I said, I don't actually put 16 in them.

Typically, I'll put about 10 on Monks, Gamin, & Brewmaster.