Waldo's Weekly - Inner Demons

Kyle

1 hour ago, MajorUndead said:

Indeed.
And speaking of which, does new artwork mean new model? Should we expect alternative models for each titled version of masters? :)

That would be my best guess. They would make more money selling a model than just releasing cards. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

Indeed.
And speaking of which, does new artwork mean new model? Should we expect alternative models for each titled version of masters? :)

I think. There is two new models for Sonnia and Kirai. Why not for the others? I assume new artwork means new model.

So.... less money for me. :'D

I give her a rating of MMM - being a combination of Mah, Molly, and Mei Feng: she drops Pit Traps that can be Rail Walked on while Reactivating her models and punishing the enemy for repeat actions. I suppose that when you double the number of Masters in a game, you kinda have to re-use your ideas :P 

Oh well, she seems interesting enough and the new art is cool, though her resemblance to her current sculpt is kinda minimal (as in, I definitely wouldn't have guessed they are the same character). I'm a bit worried about those lanterns as I'm pretty sure they'll be a part of the sculpt but we'll see. I'm not nearly as big a fan of swirly energy effects on minis as Wyrd is.

I do like the fact that a faction's main summoner's alt version doesn't need to be a summoner.

I really like this Asami.  My brain probably couldn't handle the summoning and then managing flicker tokens, but this one looks like it will allow best use of Flicker from the models you hire, with added movement nonsense.

And the tentacles on the back of the head are just a bonus!

First thoughts are Yokai and jorogumo get a look in (for out of activation and targeted flicker movement/flicker removal). 

Minako plus 1-2 akaname might work. I think summoned Katashiro would get shielded, no flicker and a free hit if within aura of Asami and engagement of opponent. 

Yokai would actually great fun. If asami picks one for a 2nd activation when when they take it they gain 3 flicker, place for free and so decrease their flicker and gain shielded so don't die at the end of it. 👌

5 minutes ago, Strangedane said:

Wait, what?! Titled Masters?! 

Fair warning, been out of the game for a while, like pre-covid so I might have missed a few news, where do I find more about this?! I know I should trawl through 1+years of news but just saw this artwork and HAD to ask right away :D

the other two so far (criid and kirai) are found here

and here

• Like 1