2021 Monthly Painting Challenge - July

Caedrus

So for my final addition to July challenge a Mature Nephilim. Good old M1E sculpt. Took him to a tourney yesterday. I had Black Blood Shaman buffing Euripides and the Gigants and then turning into a Mature turn 2. Great beater, solid scheme runner if needed too. 

That means I will finish with a total of 77 soulstones. A bit of a spoiler - for Wyrd Paint streams I plan to start with painting new versions of Mature Nephilim :) That will have to wait a bit though as I am starting my holidays tomorrow. May even end up taking a mulligan in August :Teddy:

mature-nephilim-01.jpg

• Like 7

Caedrus, checking in!

So, I had a bit of an up-and-down month. I started a bit slow, then had a surge of activity, which those of you would have seen. Then I had my second COVID-vaccine, and my energy levels ... they were a bit fluctuating, shall we say? Anyway, I managed to (just) get a lot of stuff painted! I completed a miniature for the Hot Hot Hot competition, whose points I shall add later. This miniature was also my 'Discomfort' miniature.

I'll do some photos very soon, but for the moment, the remaining points are:

[15SS] Sandeep Desai

[7SS] Banasuva

[8SS] Kandara

[24SS] Shastar Vidiya Guard

[18SS] Kudra x2

[4SS] Essence of Power

[15SS] Poison Gamin x3

[5SS] Metal Gamin

[6SS] Iggy

Making a total of 102 Soulstones for July!

Pictures to come tomorrow!

Stay well, everyone!

Caedrus.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I hope you are doing all right. The pandemic took me away from painting for too long now. We are slowly getting a normal life again in Chile. With this, I would like to get back to the hobby. But I need motivation and I know that this group is the perfect place for me as I did help me in the past. @Caedrus I would like to enroll. I saw you introduced a new category, totem. That's great because it would allow me to enroll now. May I be part of your great adventure?

By the way, I dont even remember how to post pictures. Which auxiliary website are you guys using now?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hey guys,

I hope you are doing all right. The pandemic took me away from painting for too long now. We are slowly getting a normal life again in Chile. With this, I would like to get back to the hobby. But I need motivation and I know that this group is the perfect place for me as I did help me in the past. @Caedrus I would like to enroll. I saw you introduced a new category, totem. That's great because it would allow me to enroll now. May I be part of your great adventure?

By the way, I dont even remember how to post pictures. Which auxiliary website are you guys using now?

Welcome back!

I upload my pics to imgur, and post a link here, it automagically shows the pic straight away.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, Caedrus said:

Greetings All,

Just want you to know that my images are ready to be uploaded, but IMGUR just isn't allowing me to upload at the moment. As soon as I resolve this, I'll have my images up!

I'm going to use the same excuse for not loading my images!!!! (kidding, i just totally spaced out, super sorry).  I'm also not sure why the concept of taking a picture + loading it to imgur (which takes like 5 minutes) feels like a 'plan my day around it' task..... that's on me.

Continued some of my Misaki crew before splitting off to build the june/july explorer releases, got 2 torakage + shang + a crime boss for 24 stones @Caedrus

4rim17S.jpg

xAg46tR.jpg

S1YPhfY.jpg

zw4AML4.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, muraki said:

I'm going to use the same excuse for not loading my images!

I got it working! Yay!

Here's an Iggy.

yRMaMue.jpg

I think I should have some darker colours in the midline. Oh well.

DzW3yeT.jpg

My Gamin! I wanted to have some green there, but try something new for the Poison Gamin. Also, where's my Poison Golem, Wyrd?

LPrUD3P.jpg

The Essence: Officially, Wyrd's hardest-to-photograph miniature.

rp8pNK6.jpg

wQfhzHG.jpg

A couple of Kudra (why I have two of them is a long story. I have painted the higher-up one as a model specifically for a Poison-focussed Arcanist crew)

6dsdxep.jpg

Some eBay rescued SVG, including a couple of snapped-off sword repairs.

TDzEg3z.jpg

Sandeep. I tried glazing fluorescents into the flame. It worked very pleasingly.

KSVthX7.jpg

Kandara. I was pleased with how she turned out.

l1ngr4N.jpg

Banasuva. A complex mini. I had a lot of fun painting this guy.

So, with the exception of a couple of academics, the keyword is complete. Bring on August.

My sincere apologies for the delay in uploading!

Caedrus.

• Like 6

Hi there!  The HotHotHot painting competition is over, and i can finally share my July works with you

I submitted one entry on each category

Here's the Yasunori. 

cUKn1gK.jpeg

YxVeGtT.jpg

Definitely would have been my Ahab challenge if i'd painted it on August, it was in a box half built for about 1.5 or 2 years now, with the contest i got the motivation and the idea on how to paint this beautiful mini in the way it deserves.   Somebody made me notice in the gallery comments about the gaps between the pieces, they didn't bother me at all, until now 😐

And for the diorama, I tried a different & fun technique this time, the comic style, or cel shading, looking online i found lots of inspiration for how to paint the explosion, and how to work out the lighting.

zXQkGbD.jpeg

a pic before painting:

w4SdOG7.jpeg

And here a small video/gif where the whole effect can be seen better

https://imgur.com/scN2QFb

• Like 6

Here's mine!

2N8zhYg.jpg

There were ... a lot of Fire Golems.

@Diddick: First of all, Congrats on the absolutely well-deserved win. I wish I could paint like that! I'm not going to lie, I did suspect that that was your work. I reckon that  you guessed mine, as well. Absolutely delightful work by you, and so many of the painters.

I'm jealous of the skills displayed!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Diddick said:

And for the diorama, I tried a different & fun technique this time, the comic style, or cel shading, looking online i found lots of inspiration for how to paint the explosion, and how to work out the lighting.

This was my favorite!

The gif is very small. Could you please post some pictures from different angles?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Diddick said:

I feel like an idiot but i didn't realize that it wasn't a comic until you just posted, it's that well done.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Butch said:

This was my favorite!

The gif is very small. Could you please post some pictures from different angles?

Sure thing!

AuYeklv.jpg0Ogjbzg.jpg
MnzQUk5.jpg

Same video, better resolution

https://i.imgur.com/bGyd75r.mp4

@Caedrus your work on the fire is spot on 👌

@Gheist you're not alone, someone commented the same in the voting thread XD It's nice to hear it actually ^^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3